Hello,

I recently just watched the first 2 seasons of the Mandalorian and really enjoyed it.  However I have one question that has been bugging me.  What is known about the group that was housing Grogu before the Mandalorian took custody of him?  I'm wondering if these were "good" guys that were protecting Grogu from the bounty hunters knowing fragments of the Empire were after him.  If these were "bad" guys, why hadn't they simply sold Grogu to the highest bidder.  He appeared heathy when we first see him so I assume he was getting fed and taken care of while there and the impression given is that he had been there for years.  Seeing as the Mandelorian killed most if not all of those in that encampment in the process of recovering Grogu I'm not certain what I am supposed to be thinking about this group.  Starting your story by having the main character killing a bunch of good guys doesn't sound like a smart move but in hindsight their motives appear to have been to protect Grogu.  Thoughts?  Has this been discussed elsewhere?  I know I'm slow to the game here.

Thanks, Carl

24 minutes ago, wwwmwww said:

I recently just watched the first 2 seasons of the Mandalorian and really enjoyed it.  However I have one question that has been bugging me.  What is known about the group that was housing Grogu before the Mandalorian took custody of him? 

It’s not important. And it’s probably moot since they’re all dead now. That’s kind of a thing with bounty hunting. You usually don’t ask unless it’s syndicate, in which case, that better be a freakin’ fortune of a reward. 

On 12/25/2021 at 4:41 AM, wwwmwww said:

Starting your story by having the main character killing a bunch of good guys doesn't sound like a smart move but in hindsight their motives appear to have been to protect Grogu.  Thoughts?

The big reveal of Grogu at the end of the premiere episode was one of the best-kept secrets in Hollywood history.  In the first episode, we are kept deliberately in the dark, learning only what we need to know about Mando... and hell, we don't even learn Grogu's name until well into the second season!  Hindsight is great and all -- especially when it rewards repeat viewings -- and there's certainly a redemption arc that plays into Din Djarin's character, but I'm more curious about what's to come in the third season. 

How are Grogu and Mando to be reunited? 

Will Ahsoka play a more prominent role in the upcoming storyline? 

Will a subsequent appearance by Luke Skywalker look better than the digital zombie from the last episode? <_<

Well so far so good.

Spoiler

While it feels slightly odd to see Boba Fett trying to lead through earned respect instead of fear, I can see how being launched into a Sarlacc pit, being partially digested, having his ass handed to him by Tusken Raiders, etc can change ones outlook on life. I think the real question is whether or not the universe will allow him to keep his gentler approach.

But man

Spoiler

Totally worth it for the pit escape alone.

Kinda snickered a bit through most of the ep.  But I will admit:  it left me wanting to see more.

Spoiler

Little Tusken punk taking credit for that kill. <_<  At least the chief saw through it and gave Boba his proper due.  

Wonder if Boba eventually gets the gaffi stick through respect or through combat.

And Jawas truly are the car-jackers of the galaxy! 🤣

9 hours ago, Keith said:

Well so far so good.

Hide contents

While it feels slightly odd to see Boba Fett trying to lead through earned respect instead of fear, I can see how being launched into a Sarlacc pit, being partially digested, having his ass handed to him by Tusken Raiders, etc can change ones outlook on life. I think the real question is whether or not the universe will allow him to keep his gentler approach.

Like we said...

Spoiler

Being partially digested by a Sarlacc probably changed his outlook on life.

I LOL'd with the Jawas.

Mental note: If I'm ever on a planet with Jawas, set the anti-theft setting to "Jawa".

7 hours ago, Bolt said:

I thought episode one was good...Episode two was awesome!!

While I disagree with your assessment of the first episode, I certainly enjoyed the second more...

...if only because I already have some of the action figures. :D

dtb-sw-comic-pk-camie-fixer-cu.jpg

Anyone familiar with Tosche Station will appreciate the deep cut, I'm sure. :good: