On 11/3/2021 at 7:54 AM, azrael said:

For some reason, I hear Pedro Pascal's voice with that Ithorian at the beginning of the trailer.

Also in the Mandalorian, I think they established that big-time bounties are slim in the days of the New Republic. Maybe Boba, in his time of self-reflection, has decided to branch out of the bounty business...

A lot of people are saying the same thing, I even hear it, but if you watch with subs, it just credits "guard" or something generic as the voice :(

7 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

I can't be the only one thinking that having Vader in this is a bad idea.

I don't think Obi-wan should be fighting Vader in his suit at all until their encounter on the Death Star, but my fan status for this series has waned so much due to its treatment over the years by Lucas, and now Disney that I can't care much anymore. This is just whatever to me.

Stoked for this series. As for Vader…at first I was sort of against him being in it but now I kind of like it. As for another duel it could still work or at least some form of interaction. There is the line in RotJ where Luke says to Vader that there is still good in him and Vader replies “Obi-Wan once thought as you.” Why would he think that if the last time he saw him was their duel on Mustifar? So I’m no longer opposed to the concept.

Chris

^^Hopefully, the actual trailer would ape some of those lines (such as Obi saying the "There's still good in him;  I can sense it." line).

Still would prefer a story that somehow brings in Hett (just so we could get a Clone Wars era flashback). 

But if there must be another duel, they need a really good excuse reason for getting Obi off of Tatooine.

3 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I can't be the only one thinking that having Vader in this is a bad idea.

Not really, especially after the awesome Rebels Obi-Wan & Maul fight. There are essentially 3 things that need to happen to justify this:

- Something important enough to get Obi-Wan out of hiding.

- Vader to be working on one of his clandestine projects off the emperor's radar.

- Obi-Wan thoroughly owning Vader if they fight, establishing that he's no where near a master yet.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

^^Hopefully, the actual trailer would ape some of those lines (such as Obi saying the "There's still good in him;  I can sense it." line).

Still would prefer a story that somehow brings in Hett (just so we could get a Clone Wars era flashback). 

But if there must be another duel, they need a really good excuse reason for getting Obi off of Tatooine.

17 minutes ago, Keith said:

Not really, especially after the awesome Rebels Obi-Wan & Maul fight. There are essentially 3 things that need to happen to justify this:

- Something important enough to get Obi-Wan out of hiding.

- Vader to be working on one of his clandestine projects off the emperor's radar.

- Obi-Wan thoroughly owning Vader if they fight, establishing that he's no where near a master yet.

I agree that there needs to be a really good reason. Maybe Vader or the inquisitor’s Start sniffing around Tatooine and Obi Wan comes out of hiding elsewhere to lead them away?

Chris

13 minutes ago, Dobber said:

I agree that there needs to be a really good reason. Maybe Vader or the inquisitor’s Start sniffing around Tatooine and Obi Wan comes out of hiding elsewhere to lead them away?

Chris

Could be that, could be something like Katie Sackhoff popping up to ask for a favor.

49 minutes ago, azrael said:
  Hide contents

From the rumors I've seen, the thing that forces him off Tatooine is something happens to Leia. I've seen reports of a casting call for a ~10 year old actress for this show.

I'm fine with that too if true.

Retconning the idea that the last time Obi Wan and Anakin were face to face was during their "final" lightsaber duel on Mustafar would be a "jumping the shark" moment for Star Wars.......it's either going to be some dream, one of those lame "Force dyad" fights like seen in the ST, or a Force-driven waking dream like Luke had on Dagobah......additionally, not sure if there has been any news of this, but I hope Liam Neesom is in this....if there has been no news, I hope they are keeping his involvement secret....he would be the perfect companion for Obi Wan during his solitude on Tatooine and besides...Yoda said he would be!! :rolleyes:

I really do not think Obi Wan and Vader will actually fight "in person"....but I think that they may show how Obi-Wan came to know that Anakin had become more "machine now, than man. Twisted and evil"...so hopefully a mission off-Tatooine will be mandated, where he "witnesses" Vader's attrocities first-hand and sees personally what Anakin has become........this "encounter" shocks him to the core, he had heard the stories for a few years now and seen some images before...all from the relative obscurity of Tattooine...but he preferred not to think of it, the images of Anakin cutting down younglings were always on his mind....he did not need further evidence of his "failure on Mustafar".....but now his new failure at [insert new planet here] where he once again let his feelings about his former padawan cloud his judgement and stopped him from taking action against "Vader"......instead, telling himself that his path now was not one that would involve "taking out" Vader personally, but one that would involve the protection of "Hope" at all costs.....nevertheless, Obi Wan continues to second guess himself and his faith in the Force.....Qui Gon assures him that he is on a path willed by the Force.....he starts having intense visions and nightmares of Anakin as Vader...culminating in Vader slicing him in half...just like we saw in ANH...only without Obi Wan becoming one with the Force.....it is at this point that Obi Wan realizes what he must do when he next encounters "Vader", his lost friend, for the last time...he looks onto Qui Gon's Force ghost who nods at him and fades away....his final training is complete........the series ends with Obi Wan, 10 years or so in the future, producing that Krayt Dragon shriek, scaring away the Tusken Raiders, as he heads towards the injured Luke....the final destination of his path now completely clear to him as the twin setting suns of Tatooine before him...:ph34r:

I am not sure how they plan on portraying Vader in the series, but if Vader is going to be mostly in Obi Wan's dreams/head...then I hope Vader is an extreme Vader...the kind of Vader that we all have envisioned in our collective heads....the Vader that terrifies and neutralizes hope...a brutal Vader so evil that he can only possibly exist in feverish Force induced nightmares.......it is when Obi Wan comes to the realization that no living being, no matter how powerful they are in the Dark Side, can match the power gained by becoming one with the Living Force that his fears dissipate and the path before him becomes clear...

They need to make some dream/vision sequences with this type of over the top action....

5 hours ago, azrael said:
  Reveal hidden contents

From the rumors I've seen, the thing that forces him off Tatooine is something happens to Leia. I've seen reports of a casting call for a ~10 year old actress for this show.

THAT is another Bad idea.  

Spoiler

As of Empire Strikes Back he does not know about Leia being another Skywalker.

27 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

THAT is another Bad idea.  

Hide contents

As of Empire Strikes Back he does not know about Leia being another Skywalker.

Spoiler

Ummm...he was there at the birth of the twins....so Obi Wan definitely knows she is a Skywalker....but regardless, my problem with this theory is that in ESB...he only considered Luke as the "last hope".......so unless something happened that we still do not know about with Leia that took her out of the running for that designation....hmmmmm?

I mean, she was pretty much in harm's way at the end of a New Hope and it sort of is implied during her capture that she is a suspected collaborateur to the Empire.....plus I think she was already shown as knee-deep in the Rebellion in shows like Rebels...I think...kind of fuzzy but I thought there was an episode she appeared in.....so definitely not someone whose "well-being" is taken very seriously...especially if their survival is being held as pivital in bringing down Vader/Palpatine/The Sith.....

Edited by jvmacross

11 hours ago, jvmacross said:
  Hide contents

Ummm...he was there at the birth of the twins....so Obi Wan definitely knows she is a Skywalker....but regardless, my problem with this theory is that in ESB...he only considered Luke as the "last hope".......so unless something happened that we still do not know about with Leia that took her out of the running for that designation....hmmmmm?

I mean, she was pretty much in harm's way at the end of a New Hope and it sort of is implied during her capture that she is a suspected collaborateur to the Empire.....plus I think she was already shown as knee-deep in the Rebellion in shows like Rebels...I think...kind of fuzzy but I thought there was an episode she appeared in.....so definitely not someone whose "well-being" is taken very seriously...especially if their survival is being held as pivital in bringing down Vader/Palpatine/The Sith.....

I could have sworn he left earlier and didn't know.  Well, another item to chuck on the pile of inconsistency.  Obi-Wan had some serious dementia going.

4 hours ago, tekering said:

Fixed that for you. :p

In his case would that be pre-mentia?  I don't know where I got it in my head that Luke was born, given to Obi-Won who takes him off, and then the droid says there is another child.  Maybe I was subconsciously giving George too much credit.

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

It'll be interesting if it includes a live action Ahsoka Tano. I bet money she'll be in it.

I'm leaning toward a "No" on that. Besides a cameo, and the fact she's getting her own show, we probably won't see her. Ashoka in Rebels seem to believe Obi-wan was dead (or very MIA) already.