Yamato is getting cheap on the box

hevangel2

Both the 1/48th scale VF-1J Super and Regular VF-1J Un-Armoured had the velcro sealed flap on mine.

I have not noticed any difference what so ever with any of the 1/48th series I have bought since the first VF-1A Hikaru a year ago. I rather like the box art. It does not however have the enchanting art that the original Takatoku's did when I was kid!

Neat idea for them to do a special edition with the lovely artwork from the old Takatoku box art. I know that the entire toy line, Orguss, and so on were the same, but conceptual art was "Fabulous!"

As far as your box, Odd..... "??????"

Erik L. :unsure:

The Hikaru 1A and the Roy 1S reissues don't have the velcro either, don't they? Somone mentioned that a while back.

:D

One comment that I heard from a toy dealer was:

"people keep opening the lid of the old boxes to take a peek inside, and with that process done a couple hundred times would leave the lid with a BIG crease, thus making the toy not in perfect condition (box wise)"

And in some hot/humid countries in Asia, the sticker side of the velcro would just get loose and attach firmly to velcro.

Personally, I prefer without velcro...

This might sound like a silly question, but has anyone weighed an empty 1/48 Valk box and seen how close in weight it is to the valk & parts itself....

Well out of sheer boredom I just did and the box weighs bewteen 900 - 1000 Grams and the Valk is 300 - 400 Grams (my scales are crap btw LOL)...

Oh well theres some info for you on a bofing Sunday LOL...

Was it really useful to open a topic about some velcro on boxes?

I don't give a f--k about this.

Stop useless topics! :angry:

I agree. Whining about a .02 cent piece of velcro not being there is really lame. I've never seen a fanbase complain so much when the fanbase has it so good right now.

I agree. Whining about a .02 cent piece of velcro not being there is really lame. I've never seen a fanbase complain so much when the fanbase has it so good right now.

Maybe, maybe not, but it's sure as hell possible to tell someone in a civil manner

I actually was surprised those $ 0.02 ct pieces are missing from the boxes

I may not care too much about it, but still...

Um, how bout you don't click on it, yeah?

I know I've seen enough posts wanting styrofoam and 80s style boxes (yuck!). The velcro makes for nice display, I suppose... though I woudln't know (I'm an opener). :)

Sounds to me as though it may have been a dealer option from Yamato, if they were having packaging complaints from dealers about the velcro tabs damaging the packaging in humid areas, they may have let the retailers option to get the boxes with or without velcro.

The other possibility, and probably the more likely, is that they may have run low on Velcro circles and just sent out a couple batches without it while they waited for a shipment since it is a very minor part of the packaging.

Either way, it is a pretty small difference. For what it is worth, so far all of mine have come with velcro:

VF-1S Roy

VF-1A Max

VF-1S Low Vis

VF-1S Hikaru

VF-1J W/Fast Packs

IMO, being a minor collector myself I can understand the "lack of sealing material" compaint, be it tape or Velcro.... If your going to keep something sealed new in the box... and there is nothing to keep it "sealed"... how can you expect someone to look at it (presuming your going to sell it), see the lack of a "sealer" and actualy believe its never been opened. If I coughed up the dough, and they failed to put $.025 worth of tape or velcro on it, I might be a little miffed also.

I have a few un-opened special-box edition Anime DVDs and Toys... if they came without shrinkwrap, sealer, etc... I'd be miffed... heck I even look at the condition of the pricetag before I will buy it. To a collector, little things can mean several percent in its value. No biggie when your talking about $2, but 5% of a 1200 toy would be $60... let alone if it was a super-rare item and its value was many thousands of dollars.

I don't remember who put it out, but there was a limited release of a 1/12 Battleroid. They made only 5, and there was a special plaque on the back signifing its authenticity. The estimate collector value of one of these is many many thousands of dollars... would you be mad if the maker used a cheap glue (to save $.33) and the plate fell off. The item could loose 10% or more of its value? I'd be livid

IMO, being a minor collector myself I can understand the "lack of sealing material" compaint, be it tape or Velcro.... If your going to keep something sealed new in the box... and there is nothing to keep it "sealed"... how can you expect someone to look at it (presuming your going to sell it), see the lack of a "sealer" and actualy believe its never been opened. If I coughed up the dough, and they failed to put $.025 worth of tape or velcro on it, I might be a little miffed also.

The velcro doesn't actually "seal" the box. It holds down a flap that goes over the display window. The 1/48s aren't factory sealed on the outside of the box.

:nods: true true... but... there is the situation where someone picks up the box and Woops... OMG the flap caught the corner of the shelf and tore off...

in any case, call me picky but I like sealed boxes to actualy have some kind of seal holding it closed and cover-flaps should close neatly. to each, his or her own.

now on a different note, if I was intending on taking it out of the box to display it (or god forbid actually play with it)... then who cares ;)

another idea is go to an office supply store and buy some velcro :rolleyes:

Edited by Southcross