From the looks of it, he looks A Joker. Like patient zero of a disease. I've seen comments comparing this to Taxi Driver, a movie about a guy slowly going crazy through the film. Those can be really creepy films.

Just now, no3Ljm said:

minus the 'dad' since we didn't see one in the trailer.

There's still the complete possibility that 'origin story' was some BS that Mr J was making up on-the-spot...

Just now, azrael said:

From the looks of it, he looks A Joker. Like patient zero of a disease. I've seen comments comparing this to Taxi Driver, a movie about a guy slowly going crazy through the film. Those can be really creepy films.

I'm kind of hoping they go that route... after all, the whole point of 'The Killing Joke' is that ANYONE can be driven mad in the same way Mr J was.

Reminds me of that scene from falling down [SPOILERS]: "I'm the Bad Guy? How'd THAT happen?!"

only imagine he's talking to Batman who ends up dropping him into a big ol' vat of acid...

Are they trying to make the Joker an Anti-hero?? Not sure how I feel about that.

Also, no Batman right? What is the time line for this one? Is it set when Bruce is thought dead as he’s been missing for years during his training?

Chris

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Are they trying to make the Joker an Anti-hero?? Not sure how I feel about that.

Also, no Batman right? What is the time line for this one? Is it set when Bruce is thought dead as he’s been missing for years during his training?

Chris

Bruce is the little kid in the trailer Joker messed with through the fence, Thomas Wayne is in it too.

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

No. It looks like they are going the route of watching someone slowly go insane until that one bad day that pushes him over the ledge.

Joker's never been a character that needed a backstory, but setting aside all things Joker, this looks to be a good movie nonetheless. Like azrael said, he doesn't look like The Joker, just A Joker, but that's totally fine. (Thank god WB are finally figuring their crap out.) I imagine it'll be its own thing like the Batman movies have been up 'til Justice League, which can only be a good thing.

It would be interesting if they took this in the direction that Telltale did with their Batman game. Really, everyone in that game got an interesting twist to their character that really livened up the story.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Joker's never been a character that needed a backstory, but setting aside all things Joker, this looks to be a good movie nonetheless. Like azrael said, he doesn't look like The Joker, just A Joker, but that's totally fine. (Thank god WB are finally figuring their crap out.) I imagine it'll be its own thing like the Batman movies have been up 'til Justice League, which can only be a good thing.

It would be interesting if they took this in the direction that Telltale did with their Batman game. Really, everyone in that game got an interesting twist to their character that really livened up the story.

The TellTale Batman series was frakking fantastic, too bad TellTale went the way of the dinosaur :(.

Honestly? I think this looks pretty damn good. These stand alone films have been great, it's as if these should have happened before a half-assed, haphazard team up featuring DC's most well known super group, which no longer has it's Batman, or from what I've read in the last few days, it's Flash as well. I think elseworld style films are a good idea, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam keep the shared universe going, then just have fun and try to make actually good DC films around them.

Is Suicide Squad 2 a light reboot or an actual in DC film-verse sequel? I read Jai Courtney will be back as Boomerang, and possibly Margot as Harley, but Smith isn't returning as Deadshot and may be replaced by Idris Elba? DCs shared film universe may be a bit of a mess still, but once again, their stand alone films have been pretty damn good. I got to see Shazam last weekend at an early screening at town square and it was hilarious, and honestly, quite heart warming and charming, I really liked it, and I think it will do well, it deserves to.

Joaquin is a great actor. I think he will do this justice. 

The Joker has had several backstories in the comics. Mostly different interpretations of a similar circumstance. This looks altogether different , which is fine as heroes and villains from the comic universe need updating , especially when transitioning to the big screen. 

I have a feeling Bats will strongly be hinted at but not a focus for this movie. At least not until the sequel..

32 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Joaquin is a great actor. I think he will do this justice. 

The Joker has had several backstories in the comics. Mostly different interpretations of a similar circumstance. This looks altogether different , which is fine as heroes and villains from the comic universe need updating , especially when transitioning to the big screen. 

I have a feeling Bats will strongly be hinted at but not a focus for this movie. At least not until the sequel..

Like I mentioned above, Bruce Wayne is just a child in this, so no Batman anytime soon unless they do something real crazy and imply Thomas Wayne, who is still alive and well in this, becomes an earlier Batman instead. Which would be dumb.

I'm wondering if we'll get what we've gotten in a number of different Joker stories, a reveal at the end that Joker was the narrator of his own story all along, therefor, nothing we'd seen or heard is reliable in any way, due to an unreliable narrator. Joker being the author of his own story isn't anything new, but it's usually a real interesting read when it does happen. As others have said, this is the story of A Joker, and that premise works for me, it's another take on One Bad Day, which is all it ever took to make ANY Joker.

26 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Like I mentioned above, Bruce Wayne is just a child in this, so no Batman anytime soon unless they do something real crazy and imply Thomas Wayne, who is still alive and well in this, becomes an earlier Batman instead. Which would be dumb.

Sorry,  I didn’t catch that. Hmm..that should be interesting to see the chronology of characters emerging..or not.

29 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I'm wondering if we'll get what we've gotten in a number of different Joker stories, a reveal at the end that Joker was the narrator of his own story all along, therefor, nothing we'd seen or heard is reliable in any way, due to an unreliable narrator. Joker being the author of his own story isn't anything new, but it's usually a real interesting read when it does happen. As others have said, this is the story of A Joker, and that premise works for me, it's another take on One Bad Day, which is all it ever took to make ANY Joker.

Would be interesting to see WHO he’s telling his story to in the end..

Of course this is a story of A Joker, just as the last few decades of Batman movies have been about A Batman and (sometimes) A joker. 

7 hours ago, Dobber said:

What is the time line for this one?

Looks like a late '70s setting to me... but more New York than Chicago.

Chicago's the real-world analogue for Gotham City, of course.  New York is the basis for Metropolis.

3 hours ago, Tking22 said:

from what I've read in the last few days, it's Flash as well.

Which Flash? The TV Flash and Movie Flash are played by different actors, right?

3 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Is Suicide Squad 2 a light reboot or an actual in DC film-verse sequel? I read Jai Courtney will be back as Boomerang, and possibly Margot as Harley, but Smith isn't returning as Deadshot and may be replaced by Idris Elba?

I don't keep up with DC news much, but I remember seeing recently that James Gunn confirmed (or at least the news came out with him as part of the context) that SS2 would be a full-on reboot with the same cast (sans apparently Smith).

3 hours ago, Bolt said:

The Joker has had several backstories in the comics. Mostly different interpretations of a similar circumstance.

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I'm wondering if we'll get what we've gotten in a number of different Joker stories, a reveal at the end that Joker was the narrator of his own story all along,

Was this the basis for Heath Ledger Joker's penchant to make up origin stories? "Wanna know how I got these scars?"

37 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Which Flash? The TV Flash and Movie Flash are played by different actors, right?

TKing22 is just saying solo films should’ve happened first before the team-up because now it lost 2 actors.

5 hours ago, Tking22 said:

These stand alone films have been great, it's as if these should have happened before a half-assed, haphazard team up featuring DC's most well known super group, which no longer has it's Batman, or from what I've read in the last few days, it's Flash as well.

11 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

TKing22 is just saying solo films should’ve happened first before the team-up because now it lost 2 actors.

They're saying there should have been solo movies before the big JL team-up, a team which is now missing its Batman (ie Affleck left) and apparently its Flash. I was asking if he meant movie Flash (Ezra Miller?) or TV Flash (???).

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

Or that you’re illness goes unnoticed or treated..

Where’s that quote from?

The Jokes notepad he drew the smiley face on at the beginning. (@ 0:23 mark)

Those other folks in the clown make-up reminds of of a line from BvS when Clark talks to Bruce about the vigilante problem in Gotham during the Luthor building donation party.

"We had a bad history of freaks dressed like clowns."

Having this movie about these "Jokers" would give context to that statement. :lol:

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

They're saying there should have been solo movies before the big JL team-up, a team which is now missing its Batman (ie Affleck left) and apparently its Flash. I was asking if he meant movie Flash (Ezra Miller?) or TV Flash (???).

I’m pretty sure he meant Ezra. Because he was mentioning stand alone ‘films’.

And besides...

Edited by no3Ljm

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I’m pretty sure he meant Ezra. Because he was mentioning stand alone ‘films’.

And besides...

Oh okay. I didnt know who played which Flash or even if different people played the different Flashes, much less what happened if anything.

16 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Oh okay. I didnt know who played which Flash or even if different people played the different Flashes, much less what happened if anything.

Yeah I meant Justice League film universe Flash, Ezra Miller, as no3Ljm pointed out, he's supposedly already done with the role, and dropped out of the now in longtime production hell Flash solo movie. So the DC shared film universe is down two of it's big six from the Justice League, that's crazy.

Also, I've gotta wonder if WB and Ezra lost interest because it was rumored WB was trying to force a Crisis storyline into the Flash solo movie, with very little having gone down in this connected universe yet, that sounded like a bad idea, and nothing more then a way to shake up casting with all the drop outs. Also though, CW-DC is doing their own take on Crisis for the big crossover later this year, you've gotta wonder how embarrassing it would be if they did the story better, on a budget that would be a mere fraction of what WB would throw at the big movie.

10 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Was this the basis for Heath Ledger Joker's penchant to make up origin stories? "Wanna know how I got these scars?"

I do believe so, yes, which I really loved.

Just now, seti88 said:

Oh no you just conjured ....the batdance!!

I've always preferred "Trust"

"HUBBA HUBBA HUBBA, MONEY MONEY MONEY, WHO do ya TRUST?!"