• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

BF49FF74-6477-46B6-8D24-6321A2A710BF.jpeg.d76a0e1bba9d345a6f444ef356925dce.jpeg

And you know, despite how much I was looking forward to it, more for Batman and Supergirl, I think it's time. Miller is crashing and burning fast, and I already wasn't going to watch this right away, at least not while it would profit them/him. The only thing that could save this, in my opinion, would be to recast Miller, which would mean expensive reshoots. Although, since they threw away 90mil on Batgirl what's another 90 huh..?

Edited by Thom

15 minutes ago, Thom said:

The only thing that could save this, in my opinion, would be to recast Miller, which would mean expensive reshoots.

My understanding is that Miller is almost every scene, so recasting them would basically be starting over from scratch on shooting.

15 minutes ago, Thom said:

Although, since they threw away 90mil on Batgirl what's another 90 huh..?

I read if they can The Flash it'll cost them more like $200 million.  But, realistically, I'm not sure what else they could do at this point.  Miller's turning into the kind of crazy you really don't want to be associated with.  Going ahead with a project starring Miller looks bad enough on its own, but going ahead with it after canceling another project a movie with an up-and-coming Latina lead is a really bad look.

Edited by mikeszekely

5 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

My understanding is that Miller is almost every scene, so recasting them would basically be starting over from scratch on shooting.

I read if they can The Flash it'll cost them more like $200 million.  But, realistically, I'm not sure what else they could do at this point.  Miller's turning into the kind of crazy you really don't want to be associated with.  Going ahead with a project starring Miller looks bad enough on its own, but going ahead with it after canceling another project a movie with an up-and-coming Latina lead is a really bad look.

Well, they could reverse the cancellation on Batgirl and cancel Flash at the same time, using the same tax excuse, and only lose 100mil.🤪

Edited by Thom

11 minutes ago, Thom said:

Well, they could reverse the cancellation on Batgirl and cancel Flash at the same time, using the same tax excuse, and only lose 100mil.🤪

I think that'd be the smartest thing they could do.

...so I wouldn't count on it.

I think the best course is to release the films other than the Flash that are bigger like the Awuaman sequel, Black Adam  and the Shazam sequel and then just completely reboot the dc franchise. I don’t think Ezra can bring in tickets, even with the help of Michael Keaton. The DC stuff needs a fresh start with good movies, not just meh or total crap with an occasional gem .

From what I had understood was that unless it was denied, Batgirl didn't test positive with a test group on the rough cut whereas I hear The Flash film did. This could also put DC in another hard choice. Truthfully, I'd say scrap the project, people were not liking where the DCEU had been heading after Whedon's butchering of Justice League after Synder stepped down. And then there's Ben Affleck not knowing if he's coming or going AGAIN, there's also Cavill's commitment as he's got a multitude of projects on his plate. 

That's one reason why I was hoping for Calle's Supergirl, as it looks like we may be in for yet another reboot of all the big names (excluding PattinBat which in some ways is already a reboot(?)). But concentrating on 'second string' superheroes would give the big names a bit of a rest, give more variety (see Marvel) and could refresh the brand.

17 minutes ago, Thom said:

That's one reason why I was hoping for Calle's Supergirl, as it looks like we may be in for yet another reboot of all the big names (excluding PattinBat which in some ways is already a reboot(?)). But concentrating on 'second string' superheroes would give the big names a bit of a rest, give more variety (see Marvel) and could refresh the brand.

After hearing about batgirl, I didn’t have much hope for supergirl 

2 hours ago, Big s said:

After hearing about batgirl, I didn’t have much hope for supergirl 

Well it's all is who is behind the camera and writing. Apparently, the screenings for the Flash were coming back good, so I assume that would include SG, plus the Flash was planned and carried out as a feature movie and not a streaming film.

4 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Officially (as of today) The Flash is still due to be released  June 23, 2023. 
Ezra is seeking professional help. Disney DC/WB is in support of this.  

Fixed for yah. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

• 3 months later...
On 8/16/2022 at 2:52 PM, Big s said:

I think they should still wait until after his trials are over. There is still at least one active warrant out for his arrest on break in charges

Yeah; apparently, he is accused of breaking into a home and stealing alcohol; he maintains he thought he had permission. The next hearing is in 2023 on that.

Regardless, I think moving forward, any studio working with him should have as part of his contract that he be currently under professional help and refrain from any drug or alcohol use.

1 hour ago, pengbuzz said:

Yeah; apparently, he is accused of breaking into a home and stealing alcohol; he maintains he thought he had permission. The next hearing is in 2023 on that.

Regardless, I think moving forward, any studio working with him should have as part of his contract that he be currently under professional help and refrain from any drug or alcohol use.

I think he’s out after this movie. I don’t know if it’s confirmed, but that’s what I was hearing. 

46 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

DC should do a background check and comprehensive psych evaluations before they cast an actor.

When the miller and heard stories were getting big, I thought the same. But I think that could be a bit problematic since some of the best actors have had issues. Imagine how different the MCU would’ve been without Robert Downey Junior. And I don’t think the problematic actors in the DC films were really showing problems until after they were hired. It didn’t come out that heard was a liar until this past summer and nobody knew Miller had issues until about a year ago. There should be someone to step in and let these people know that if they screw up bad, they will lose everything. And at this point since they’re going to be dealing with multiverses and reboots that they are expendable and can be replaced.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

When the miller and heard stories were getting big, I thought the same. But I think that could be a bit problematic since some of the best actors have had issues. Imagine how different the MCU would’ve been without Robert Downey Junior. And I don’t think the problematic actors in the DC films were really showing problems until after they were hired. It didn’t come out that heard was a liar until this past summer and nobody knew Miller had issues until about a year ago. There should be someone to step in and let these people know that if they screw up bad, they will lose everything. And at this point since they’re going to be dealing with multiverses and reboots that they are expendable and can be replaced.

I think that's a good idea: an intellectual property manager for the studios that can reign in cast and crew (and even producers if needbe) in order to keep them from making a gigantic mess. Although I wouldn't want someone trying to tell them how to live their lives, they do need to understand that their behavior reflects upon the studio(s) they work for.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...