I'm so in for this!

:yahoo:

I guess it is not so bad an idea s the Star Trek meets Transformers comics.  Really though - can't they keep ANY comic book characters in separate universes?

The Amalgam characters have stayed in their own universe, does that count?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't get over how bizarre this online marketing has been.  Posting all the highlights, the opening scene, the iconic fight scenes, and now even THE ENDING?

Like, I know it hasn't been released yet, but I feel like I've already seen it.  I certainly don't need to buy it now.  <_<

It already came out on digital on 5/14.  A lot of videos are not officially from WB.  The official videos are the ones with WB at the upper left corner.  The others are from regular people posting clips of the movie on youtube.

20 hours ago, sh9000 said:

It already came out on digital on 5/14.

Oh, so before the disc is in stores, it's already been pirated...?  Where's the logic in distributing it online first?

Well, I certainly won't need to buy it now... :lol:

Edit:  Now that I've seen the whole thing, I can share my thoughts.  Clearly intended for a younger audience, it features a lot of bloodless violence -- nothing too intense for kids -- and it features the typical mix of humor and action that typifies most TMNT productions.  

There are a lot of DC Universe regulars among the voices (particularly from the LEGO DC Comics video games and spin-off cartoons), and most of them are well-cast; Troy Baker has had a lot of experience imitating both Kevin Conroy's Batman and Mark Hamill's Joker, and (although this is the first time he's performed both in the same production) he pulls off both roles admirably.  The rest of the cast is appropriate, with the exception of Cas Anvar's Rah's Al Ghul (who sounds bored and disengaged) and Andrew Kishino's Shredder (who is both dull and miscast).  There is some nice use of cel-shaded CGI, including sequences featuring the Batmobile and the Party Wagon, although there are also some poorly hand-drawn shots featuring a loading crane and shipping containers that really should've been CG as well.

The character designs have the typical simplicity of an American TV production, and the animation is consistently adequate.  As with other DC animated titles I've seen, the title sequences are a real standout; the opening credits are stylized, high-contrast black and white graphics with select touches of color, and the end credits feature a wide variety of vintage Batman covers recreated as TMNT crossovers.  To say the credit sequences are the best part of the film is... faint praise, I realize... but it's absolutely the case here.

Spoiler

The effects of the mutagen don't seem to be based on DNA sources from the surrounding environment, as they usually do in TMNT media.  For arbitrary reasons, Mr. Freeze becomes a polar bear, Poison Ivy becomes a plant, Scarecrow becomes a crow, and Batman becomes... a bat.  Even more bizarrely, Robin has to take on a henchman who somehow gets transformed into a giant dinosaur...?  :blink:

A significant plot point involves combining the Joker's venom with the TCRI mutagen, which is said to drive the recipient mad.  Batman becomes a monstrous bat as a result, but is quickly cured with a retro-mutagen which mysteriously also erases any effect of the Joker's venom... how?  :huh:

Edited by tekering

7 minutes ago, tekering said:

Oh, so before the disc is in stores, it's already been pirated...?  Where's the logic in distributing it online first?

It’s 2019.  Pretty much any movie these days.  It’s up to the person to watch a pirated version or not.

Preordered the blu-ray at Target.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...