Season finale was kind of dumb. 

Bad guys were revealed. Leading to the start of a big dumb superhero fight. That's when the show broke the 4th wall again and told the audience that this show shouldn't end like this. I thought we were going to get a rewind and we'd get a redo of the last 20 minutes. Nope it just does a yada, yada, yada and jumps to bad guys get arrested and good guys celebrating.

I will admit that I got a few good laughs at the

Spoiler

meta ending.  Nailed every single stupid trope that Marvel’s been spamming the past few years (big finale with the main villain who has the same powers as the hero, cameos up the ying-yang, disappointing endings that serve some muddled “bigger story”, finale fight scenes at night or some dark place) and took a silly dig with K.E.V.I.N.

Kinda glad they went with the “caught them, now sue their asses” angle instead.  Doesn’t make for great spectacle, but it works for the tone of this show.

I like the intent and I liked some of the bits, but it kinda didn’t fully stick the landing.  

For all the 4th wall breaking, the finale still feels saddled with those tacked-on add-ons from the MCU overlords.

I was a bit behind on She Hulk. Watched the last two back to back. The second to last episode was ok, liked Daredevil back in action. Also the baddies accuse her of being a slurm and I don’t think they’re really wrong about that. She had at least three different people in one season that probably was only the course of a few days. At least the Night Nurse waited til a new show started. That doesn’t give the bad guys a right to break into her phone though.

the last episode tried something new by going full bugs bunny, but it for some reason just didn’t feel that funny. I’ll give them points for trying, but I guess I kinda felt cheated out of the real story that kinda never happened. It just kinda felt like they really didn’t have a story and just gave up. 
Personally, I hope she doesn’t get another full season. I think the character is ok and just feels more like a good cameo character, but doesn’t really work as a main character 

Edited by Big s

23 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Werewolf by Night is excellent.

I thought it was good for what it was. If you go In knowing it was made to look cheap and overacted on purpose to look like a movie made back in the early part of last century, then it works. After watching She Hulk this felt like fine art in comparison.

On 10/15/2022 at 3:01 PM, Big s said:

the last episode tried something new by going full bugs bunny, but it for some reason just didn’t feel that funny. I’ll give them points for trying, but I guess I kinda felt cheated out of the real story that kinda never happened. It just kinda felt like they really didn’t have a story and just gave up. 

Agree here. I liked the series overall, but this was akin to taking away my bag of candy when I got back to the house Halloween night. It was fun and funny, esp K.E.V.I.N. and her going on about the tropes, but I was hoping for a more closed ending rather than suddenly the bag guys are getting arrested, even though most of what they did was simply erased.

Again though, I really liked this series and I hope it gets a second one! Maslani is particularly enjoyable to watch.

8 minutes ago, Thom said:

Again though, I really liked this series and I hope it gets a second one! Maslani is particularly enjoyable to watch.

I liked the character, but feel that she just didn’t have a show. I don’t think another season is something worth watching, but I’d like to see her as a cameo character since they don’t seem to know what to do with her. If the next season happens, I really hope they get some real writers to give her a better show. I know they said they we’re giving us a legal comedy, but the jokes were pretty flat and the legal was barely there this season 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I liked the character, but feel that she just didn’t have a show. I don’t think another season is something worth watching, but I’d like to see her as a cameo character since they don’t seem to know what to do with her. If the next season happens, I really hope they get some real writers to give her a better show. I know they said they we’re giving us a legal comedy, but the jokes were pretty flat and the legal was barely there this season 

I just view as a 'day in the life of She-Hulk,' and just enjoyed it that way. In fact, I was liking that it didn't have a real deep super hero plot, though yes it could use more legal if that's in the title. If season two only improves on what we've seen so far, I'll be happy.

Edited by Thom