Uh, no thanks. These absurd streaming prices increases is why I paused my Netflix subscription. Prime will probably be next.

Disney+ ad-free streaming price increases to $11 per month in December

https://www.engadget.com/disney-plus-price-increase-ad-based-service-204903273.html?fbclid=IwAR3i1jm4BNi0KBqiAr--EUodgYbzS1LZNAV3lqRIxmTJwuP8XB57CBUaPAc

I’m gonna wait to decide what to do about d+ . I like the marvel shows for the most part and the Mandalorian, but they should’ve waited on price hikes, because that’s about all they have that I’d want to pay for. Netflix honestly at this time seems the worst as far as price and quality. The shows that are good aren’t in a high enough quantity to justify the price. I’m a bit uncertain about hbo max. Amazon seems the safe bet, but that’s mainly with the ordering discounts. I don’t own the paramount one or whatever it’s called, because so far there’s only one show I want to see see over there

23 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I have the D+. Hulu no ads, ESPN+ bundle, that's only going up $1, I'm fine with that. 

I’d probably feel ok if this service had more to offer. They do get the big marvel movies, but as far as shows, they really only have one big show every couple months. And that doesn’t mean they’re great shows. Obi was garbage and Ms Marvel was ok , but mostly forgettable.  If the shows were all great I might feel different, but they need some real quality control and something more for content to justify raising the prices. She Hulk is looking good and I really hope it is, but it’s been a long gap between this and their last big show, ms marvel. 

I’ve seen a lot of complaints scrolling through YouTube about She Hulk being a 30 minute comedy show. I haven’t actually watched any of them since I’m trying to avoid spoilers, but I don’t think it was advertised as a serious show to begin with. So at this point I’m not sure why they’re complaining, but I guess I’ll find out later 

11 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Just watched the first episode of She-Hulk, it was honestly much better than I expected. And absolutely a comedy.

-b.

I liked the first episode. It’s seems to be a fun show so far. Kinda curious if the plot will be a flop or not, but so far I’m liking it

Still not a bad show, has some good laughs here and there. The plot is still pretty vague. Hope that’s not gonna be a continuing problem with these shows. The last couple had good main characters, but not so great stories. More like great moments in ok shows. 

Now I am wondering if someone will be making South Park caricature in next episode and portray people who like them as jerks.
Consider what Dana Schwartz tweeted about the show. Strangely, she isn't the only one and even my comedy-loving friends have lukewarm or negative feelings on South Park, more so on newer seasons.

6 hours ago, Thom said:

I'm really liking this series, but the half hour episodes are killing me! They have all the time in the world, so give me an hour!

I’m ok with the half hour on this one. It doesn’t seem like a complicated show and I think longer episodes might just drag since it doesn’t seem to have a huge plot

On 8/31/2022 at 4:45 PM, Thom said:

I'm really liking this series, but the half hour episodes are killing me! They have all the time in the world, so give me an hour!

Yah, the last two eps felt really short and probably could have been combined into one ep.

Though, the fourth wall breaking has been amusing.