Spoiler

Take. The.  Frakkin’.  Shield.  Away.  Already.

Even before his friend was killed, you’d think Mr. World Police would have learned to fix his approach and dial it back down about a billion percent.

Definitely liked the blurring of good and bad here.

Spoiler

Pretty sad state of affairs when Zemo was the only person that did any good for the refugees this ep.  and actually did something effective about the super soldier problem.

Woo dang. I really like how gray this series is. I totally get where Karly is coming from, she’s a good sympathetic adversary, much in the way Killmonger and IW Thanos were.

I was watching the first Captain America with my kids last week, and a line by Red Skull hit me: “I’ve seen the future, Captain. It’s a world without flags or borders.” 

Keanu-Whoa.gif

Wife & I went to Prague before COVID, and it’s also been fun picking out places we’d been. It’s like the European Toronto, standing in for various European countries. There’s a really good Chlebicky place not far from where Walker & Lamar had their talk this week.

Edited by Kelsain

Probably a complete coincidence,

Spoiler

But Karli's late mother figure shares the same last name as the Homeland (and then CIA) operative in Netflix's Punisher (Madani).

Probably just a random coincidence, but wonder if they turn out to be related.

Nice set-up ep.

They do know these characters and gave them time to just breath, which I appreciated.

Spoiler

* Silly training montage bits, especially with Sam totally missing the shield catch.

* Not sure if it’s an homage to Black Panther, but I like how Bucky just dropped all the bullets.

* Can we just call him John Mutherf*er now?

* Can’t wait for karma to come and have his homemade shield smashed by the real deal.

EDIT:  Utter snowball’s chance in hell, but

Spoiler

Seeing as the big fight is happening in NYC, I’d probably go bonkers if Luke Cage shows up to even the odds against the Flag Smasher super soldiers.

But that’s probably just as likely as a friendly neighborhood web-slinger dropping in too.

Edited by Mog

Spoiler

Nice to see Ms. Dreyfus out and about. Madam Hydra nontheless...

I'm hoping by the end of the show, Mr. Walker is going to get a visit from a certain General about a certain recruitment opportunity.

13 hours ago, Mog said:

EDIT:  Utter snowball’s chance in hell, but

Hide contents

Seeing as the big fight is happening in NYC, I’d probably go bonkers if Luke Cage shows up to even the odds against the Flag Smasher super soldiers.

But that’s probably just as likely as a friendly neighborhood web-slinger dropping in too.

Spoiler

GRC building looks like it's in Upper East Side or Midtown while Luke is in Harlem. The Devil of Hell's Kitchen looks is closer. :p
And Mr. Parker is in Queens...probably no where close to that action.

This is unfortunately the setup episode for next week so I'll save my opinion till next week...

What about

Spoiler

the private detective who's fueled by self-loathing and alcohol?

Or that Sorcerer Supreme dude and Wong? :pardon:

And did they ever say where the Avengers HQ is located?  Figure, they can always call in some back up (Seriously, NYC is the WORST place for a super-villain to try to start 'ish).

Chekov's gun says that the most likely candidate for back up will be the Dora Milaje and maybe Rhodey? 

If memory serves me right, there's still 6 super flag smashers left and the Leaper, right?

Can't see Sam, Bucky, and John F'er taking them all out on their own.  Plus getting SOME backup would tie back to the whole idea of leaning on your community and personal ties to get through the struggles.

I know there’s a lot of hate for the new Captain America, but to me it’s one of those characters that is needed . I think Wyatt took on a character that’s supposed to be hated and plays it perfectly and adds a great complication to the overall story. And those odd head tilts really remind me of his dad. Every time his head tilts to the side I keep thinking he’s about to  say “Call me Snake”

Pretty good episode 6.  My wife and I were waiting this week and woke up to watch it.  A lot of stories to continue so hopefully there’s a season 2 with the new title shown at the end.  The identity of The Power Broker was obvious.  With this series now there are more figures and variants that I’ll buy if they get made.

Just finished "Falcon" and the Winter Soldier.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

That's how you end a series!

Spoiler

After Sharon acid-killed one of the super soldiers, you had to figure the odds went up of her being the Power Broker.  Plus last week during Sharon's phone call scene, they subtitled the scene as Batroc being on the other end.  Makes no sense for her to call Batroc and then have him show up arming the super soldiers, unless Sharon was the Power Broker.

It does beg the question why the hell she killed one of her own people and then had Zemo of all people anywhere close to the guy who cracked the super soldier serum.

But overall, I like the motivation, backstory, and direction they took her character.  Should make for some interesting stories down the line.

Very nice endings for the two mains, and a nice touch getting Isaiah Bradley recognized in the Cap exhibit.

Zemo accomplishes his goal.

John MF'er somewhat redeems himself but still has that eww :nea: factor.

And Sam showed why he deserved the mantle and made it his own, especially in the final fight with Karli.

And yes, Cap, we CAN do better!!