Yelena rules!  I see what folks meant by the younger sister energy.

. . . And sh*t just go REAL! :yahoo:

Spoiler

Please tell me this means the Netflix series are officially canon!

Edited by Mog

1 hour ago, hutch said:

I’m not in any way arguing it’s “the best” but Hawkeye is easily my favorite of the D+ series so far.  

Was thinking about this last night as well, my two favorite D+ series have been the ones I was initially least excited about, Loki and Hawkeye and they are my two favorites.

From a 'hit or miss' perspective the series have been better than the movies (so far, and I haven't yet seen 'No Way Home').

-b.

I guess my “sh*t just got real” comment was too general.  

Spoiler

Hopefully, they don’t nerf him from the absolute beast he was in Daredevil.

If this leads us to more Daredevil, a follow-up season to Luke Cage’s Michael Corleone turn, an Iron-Fist wielding Daughters of the Dragon, and the rest of the Netflix-Marvel shows coming into the MCU proper, then I’m all for it.

Some good needs to come out of all this multiverse shenanigans.

41 minutes ago, Mog said:

I guess my “sh*t just got real” comment was too general.  

Hide contents

Hopefully, they don’t nerf him from the absolute beast he was in Daredevil.

If this leads us to more Daredevil, a follow-up season to Luke Cage’s Michael Corleone turn, an Iron-Fist wielding Daughters of the Dragon, and the rest of the Netflix-Marvel shows coming into the MCU proper, then I’m all for it.

Some good needs to come out of all this multiverse shenanigans.

We shall see.

It just seems like the perfect opportunity for 

Spoiler

Blade & Luke Cage to run into each other, both doing double takes. But even if this is a time variant Kingpin, they'd better not soften him up one bit 

So far I’m really liking Hawkeye. It’s definitely a simpler kind of story and more grounded than most of the marvel stuff, but it works for this character. And I find myself saying bro too much these days after watching the show, not sure if that’s a negative or a positive 

If you say it with a Russian accent, that would be a negative.

Especially if the “big guy” doesn’t like the phrase.  He’s already showed a tendency to. . . umm. . . slam on some Russians.

Well. . . that ending sucked.

Played it too safe.

The comedy felt out of place. . .

Spoiler

kinda like Kingpin wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

Or Kate somehow surviving a fight against Fisk.

Considering how there were these dark undertones throughout the whole series, this ending just doesn’t fit right.

I wouldn’t mind more of Kate and Yelena bantering.

But Marvel needs to stop leaning on the worn out formulas and tropes with these Disney+ series.  

The only one I really liked start to finish has been Falcon and the Winter Soldier.  Loki was good right until the whole good guy/mirror image bad guy fight and the “This was all set up for NEXT season!” ending.

Ugh, such a disappointment.

7 hours ago, Mog said:

Well. . . that ending sucked.

Played it too safe.

The comedy felt out of place. . .

Reveal hidden contents

kinda like Kingpin wearing a Hawaiian shirt.

Or Kate somehow surviving a fight against Fisk.

Considering how there were these dark undertones throughout the whole series, this ending just doesn’t fit right.

I wouldn’t mind more of Kate and Yelena bantering.

But Marvel needs to stop leaning on the worn out formulas and tropes with these Disney+ series.  

The only one I really liked start to finish has been Falcon and the Winter Soldier.  Loki was good right until the whole good guy/mirror image bad guy fight and the “This was all set up for NEXT season!” ending.

Ugh, such a disappointment.

Agreed unfortunately. I expected more, and I'm not usually one to complain about the various 110lbs women in the MCU doing impossible things, but this was a stretch too far IMO.

Spoiler

Fisk is a beast, we saw him rip a door off a car like nothing, he's been hit by cars moving full speed and gotten up without issue just fine, and yet he gets beaten by a tiny little girl with a bow? Really? I didn't think Fisk would be the big bad Kate would have to defeat, I really didn't think anyone would go toe to toe with Fisk, except maybe a surprise DareDevil appearance, which we didn't get.

The big Kate fight was pretty meh, taking a hit from Fisk should've been a near death sentence as well, she should've been shattered from a single hit. I get it though, they really wanted to got for a David vs Goliath thing, but it just didn't work. I liked the big fight against the tracksuits, that was fun, Yelena is always fun and her conversation with Clint was welcome.

There's zero, absolutely zero chance Fisk is dead, if I remember right this exact moment between him and Echo happened in the comic as well, she shot him in the face at point blank range, and because "comics", he survived. I'm guessing DD will appear in Echo, and Fisk will probably be the big bad. Or, and this is a stretch, we didn't hear Fisk hit the floor, but instead DD showed up and saved him, DD wanting Fisk to face justice, not just death, making DD an integral part of the upcoming Echo series. 

We'll see, it was a fun season overall but I think they dropped the ball on the ending. 

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Agreed unfortunately. I expected more, and I'm not usually one to complain about the various 110lbs women in the MCU doing impossible things, but this was a stretch too far IMO.

Hide contents

There's zero, absolutely zero chance Fisk is dead, if I remember right this exact moment between him and Echo happened in the comic as well, she shot him in the face at point blank range, and because "comics", he survived. I'm guessing DD will appear in Echo, and Fisk will probably be the big bad. Or, and this is a stretch, we didn't hear Fisk hit the floor, but instead DD showed up and saved him, DD wanting Fisk to face justice, not just death, making DD an integral part of the upcoming Echo series. 

We'll see, it was a fun season overall but I think they dropped the ball on the ending. 

Spoiler

Somewhat lackluster finale, but hey, we got more Kate & Yelena banter.

I enjoyed it. The Netflix cameo was a nice surprise and I like that we are now seeing more of those characters again. I agree with everyone above in thinking that it would have been fantastic if this particular character's portrayal was more consistent, though. That's my only critique. Otherwise, Hawkeye ranks as one of the better of the Disney+ Marvel shows for me.

As an aside, I did watch Black Widow right before getting into this and watching both in sequence was a treat.

Edited by technoblue

Finally finished this today. Really good. The camaraderie and campiness, the action and the fun. This didn't let me down. Glad to say every episode was riveting. I'm good for a season 2!

As for Fisk, the guy did just get hit by a car, so that may have softened him up a bit.😀 And yes, Kate should have been down after that hit that threw her across the room, but this is a superhero show. And even if not, most people on TV can take more damage and injury than most anyone in real life, so that doesn't detract for me. Also Kate didn't take him down, so much as the arrows did. Overall, it was a fun ride, and if there is a season 2 or a follow up series with another character, I expect to see Fisk again.

A good rule is to never assume a character is dead until you see they are dead! Off-screen deaths don't count.😉

Edited by Thom

Finished Hawk Eye. So, Kingpin ,eh..? If we're talking cameos, it should have been Peter Parker. But then everyone would've been standing around while he mopped up. And ya, the big guy was full on hit with a car before , so I can't imagine he was not fighting 100%.

Overall , entertaining enough. Yes. But very light & soft served. I never felt anyone was in mortal peril. And you know King Pin ain't dead.

Edited by Bolt