I swear this episode was a ‘80s movie plot. Kid(s) hold a house party while the parents are away. Parent(s) decide to come home early and kid(s) are in a mad rush to clean the house before the parent(s) get home. Parent(s) get home and find everything to be neat, clean and boring.

2 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I couldn't make it through the second episode of What If.  Need I bother trying it any longer?

No.  If you couldn't appreciate all the in-jokes, cameos, callbacks, and Easter eggs in T'Challa's episode, you're not a big enough fan of the MCU.  Like Star Trek: Lower Decks, What If...? is an animated series made for dedicated fans, by dedicated fans, and ordinary audiences are likely to be left cold.

14 minutes ago, tekering said:

No.  If you couldn't appreciate all the in-jokes, cameos, callbacks, and Easter eggs in T'Challa's episode, you're not a big enough fan of the MCU.  Like Star Trek: Lower Decks, What If...? is an animated series made for dedicated fans, by dedicated fans, and ordinary audiences are likely to be left cold.

I only just managed to get through the first episode as well.  But not being a Superhero fan in general I'll agree this is not for me.

14 hours ago, levzloi said:

It sure seems like it's at least a two parter

They’re tying the whole thing together like they always do. My prediction is that finale will see Uatu go across the multiverse and pull heroes from all different realities (episodes) to construct a multiverse avengers to stop Ultron. 

8 hours ago, hutch said:

They’re tying the whole thing together like they always do. My prediction is that finale will see Uatu go across the multiverse and pull heroes from all different realities (episodes) to construct a multiverse avengers to stop Ultron. 

This... However I suspect it'll be even more wild than we'll expect. Maybe some exciting 4th wall breaking too.

Edited by TangledThorns

9 hours ago, hutch said:

Yup this is exactly what I'm expecting too, these What If stories weren't as random and one-off as we thought, I imagine several heroes from several previous episodes will be making a Multi-Versal Avengers team. I also think that

Spoiler

the zombies will make another appearance, teleporting in a massive zombie army that includes dozens of heroes and villains would be a pretty solid distraction for even Infinity Ultron's army. The Ultron episode ended with The Watcher approaching Strange Supreme, they're definitely going on a multi-versal roadtrip to pick up others, Captain Carter, Star Panther, probably the Widow that survived the Ultron universe with the Red Guardian shield, I'm definitely thinking we'll be getting a really fun finale. 

Agreed though, that last episode was fantastic overall, and for me personally, did the Age of Ultron right, he got done pretty dirty in his own movie. Ultron is a massive, important, big time Avengers threat, I was bummed he got wrapped up in a single movie, I know it was all building towards Thanos, but Ultron is no slouch. Watched Venom 2 last night so

Spoiler

Venom is officially in the MCU now too, I'm wondering if there's a chance everything is set enough for Eddie/Venom to appear in What If season 2?

it was very entertaining as a finale.  I like how they keep slapping Stark down.  The Stark is Kenny meme is definitely getting traction, although they didn't kill him this episode.   what happened.... too busy to animate a Tony Splat scene?

Edited by kalvasflam

I really liked the finale, and am quite bummed the tenth episode, about Thanos-killer Gamora, got bumped to next season. Since Gamora's episode got cut does that mean we'll get 11 episodes next season? Ten brand new. and the eleventh is the Gamora episode we didn't get this season? 

18 hours ago, sh9000 said:

4852BDDD-2DE2-41C9-B333-F96649B644D1.jpeg.f42d31048b84100a3947b07cb845b1c5.jpeg

Amused at myself because the first thing I thought of when I saw the arrow in the background was a "downvote". 😅

I'm not that excited for this one, I'll watch it but my hype-meter is pretty low.

-b.