My only gripe with the latest episode is:

Spoiler

Why would Hope ever join SHIELD?  Her mom “died” on a mission for SHIELD (while accompanying her dad).  Could see her either breaking away from everyone, or clinging tighter to her dad.

Just seemed the flimsiest of excuses to get Ant-Man to be the killer.

. . . Though an Avengers team with Captains Marvel and America, War Machine, and Phil Son of Coul wouldn’t be too shabby of a start.

On 9/4/2021 at 5:06 PM, Big s said:

The one problem I’m having with this series is that every episode leaves on a depressing end. It would be interesting if once in a while a simple change made things better once in a while instead of disaster after disaster.

Think the point is that the MCU that we have IS the best possible timeline. Though the T'chala/StarLord one ended pretty good until Ego dropped in. Unknown how Quill would handle him without his family.

5 hours ago, Focslain said:

Think the point is that the MCU that we have IS the best possible timeline. Though the T'chala/StarLord one ended pretty good until Ego dropped in. Unknown how Quill would handle him without his family.

It was implied that things don’t go well for earth and probably a few other worlds as well 

On 9/4/2021 at 5:06 PM, Big s said:

The one problem I’m having with this series is that every episode leaves on a depressing end. It would be interesting if once in a while a simple change made things better once in a while instead of disaster after disaster.

That's because the episode ends right there. Outside episode 4 it would be interesting to see what happens next, especially in episode 3 with just Captain America and Marvel as the Avengers team (couple?), lol.

5 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

That's because the episode ends right there. Outside episode 4 it would be interesting to see what happens next, especially in episode 3 with just Captain America and Marvel as the Avengers team (couple?), lol.

I think of this series as what Strange saw in Infinity War.  Just different points in time.  The last couple has been kinda dark.  We have to see what they come up with next.

What If Zombies was fun enough, I was a big fan of the comic run so I was interested to see what Disney would do with a more toned down version set in the MCU, not bad. Overall I've really been enjoying this series, the animation and voice work is a bit hit and miss, but at least, for the most part, it's the real actors reprising their MCU rolls so that really helps add authenticity. 

52 minutes ago, technoblue said:

The zombies fell flat for me, but I did like how this episode started and how it was revealed that things in this “what if” world went sideways. 

I agree.  I think I realize the problem here.  The What if here is based entirely on the narrower scope of the MCU.  For all the development that Disney put in place, it doesn’t come anywhere close to equating to the decades of comic history when What If came out first in the comics, and the series is also quite narrow in scope relatively speaking.  No FF, no x-men, very limited Spider-Man (seriously, what can you do with Vulture or Mysterio outside of movie setting, no Electro, Green goblin, Gwen Stacy, Doc Ock, etc) heck, most of the MCU is based on a single overriding theme of cameos and massive crossovers.

41 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

LOL, OK. Looks fun and interesting but where is...

Hide contents

Yelena?

Spoiler

Yep. She'll be showing up.

'Feel like it's this <...> close to Barton say "I'm too old for this sh*t" or a Die Hard, "Come Out To The Coast, We'll Get Together, Have A Few Laughs..."