Watching episode 6 right now.  I don't understand how these civilians are giving them such a tough fight.  They've taken the super soldier stuff but Bucky and Evil Captain America are also enhanced.  They've also been trained and fighting for their entire adult lifetime.  

Two factors:

Spoiler

* Numbers game.  There’s more of them than Sam, Bucky, Sharon, and MF’er (6 of them at the beginning plus Batroc).

* If you’re properly motivated and sincerely believe in your cause, you’re gonna fight like hell.  People have died fighting for less worthy issues.  Plus, MF’er brutally killed one of their own.  Stuff like that tends to be a motivating factor.

Considering what the super soldier serum is supposed to do, I would have been annoyed if the Flag Smashers went down like Stormtroopers.

“Evil” according to the Kree. :p

Given the current slate and backlog of Marvel films on the way, I wonder when the next logically spot would be to see Sam and the more Earth-based MCU crew.

Poster should say Captain America and the Winter Soldier.

Still the best parts of this series were (in no particular order);

• The interactions between Sam and Bucky (mostly out of costume)
  • Bucky's storyline
  • Sam's unwavering optimism and spirit
  • Zemo

Also really looking forward to Loki now, the last preview sold me. Before that I was "meh".

-b.

Oh, that optimism wavered a bit.  But he kept getting up and trying.

They really did a good job of showing Sam earning and owning the mantle, which I doubt would have worked as well in a shorter movie format.

10 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Poster should say Captain America and the Winter Soldier.

The poster should read "Captain America and the White Wolf."

Bucky's arc was all about putting the Winter Soldier behind him, and he deserves his new title as much as Sam does... if not more.

I agree (with Pitch Meeting) about the villain.  They tired to make you feel sympathetic for her because she seemed sad for when her peope suffered but she kept doing acts of violence.  Whenever the heroes tried to engage her in a discussion she just played along just to keep them busy while planning the next step in her violent plans.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

I agree (with Pitch Meeting) about the villain.

They tried to keep things morally grey, and paint the GRC as a fascist organization opposing the freedoms the Flag Smashers were fighting for... but as Ryan's Pitch Meeting suggests, the muddled politics and vague backstory failed to clarify motivations one way or the other, and simply resulted in a narrative largely open to interpretation.

My interpretation: Thanos was right all along, and the Snap solved a lot of social problems caused by overpopulation.

By undoing the Snap (the so-called Blip that brought everyone back), the Avengers ended up creating an even bigger problem, one that can't be simply be solved by a bunch of aliens, androids and wizards. :unsure:

I really liked that overall premise, but I think the show could've done without the super-soldier serum angle altogether.

3 hours ago, tekering said:

I really liked that overall premise, but I think the show could've done without the super-soldier serum angle altogether.

I suspect the serum was a threat escalator.

Without their serum, Sam and Bucky should be able to handle the un-enhanced Flag Smashers.

Without the serum, the Flag Smashers become your garden variety terrorists (or freedom fighters, take your pick :ph34r:).

Without the serum, there would be no need to bust Zemo out of jail.

Without the serum (and being whupped by the Dora Milaje), Johnny Boy wouldn’t be motivated to inject himself with the super-soldier serum.

It’s the plot macguffin that the story revolves around.

I’m just glad they were able to add some layers and subtext to that plot device.

May not be the most accurate thread to put this in, but they’ll probably push the + “premium” option.  So, I’m using that technicality.

Sizzle reel, titles, and release dates for Marvel’s next slate of movies:

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_6827.thumb.JPG.f4acfeef2640054f3967a7d85a410c2e.JPG

I always thought of Kamala's work clothes as more homebrew'd. Like Peter's homebrew'd suit from Homecoming. Those work clothes don't look homebrew'd.

I think that Mog is right about the d+ releases for most of this years movies as well as theater release. They may even keep that model from here on out. Not only that, but there are definitely tie ins like the captain marvel 2 being renamed marvels with the way they wrote the s just like Kamala’s costume. There’s all kinds of other things as well that will blend the shows and films together 

Honestly, I just didn’t feel like searching for every single thread for each movie mentioned (or creating new threads for the new movies announced).

I went the lazy route. :lol:

Regarding the tie-ins, it was pretty nuts how they were able to perfectly time the release of the old Winter Soldier movie with the story unfolding in Agents of SHIELD way back when.  

In theory, it should be easier to tie the streaming shows with the films, since they don’t have to worry about timing it with network TV schedules now.

Edited by Mog

On 4/27/2021 at 7:03 AM, tekering said:

By undoing the Snap (the so-called Blip that brought everyone back), the Avengers ended up creating an even bigger problem, one that can't be simply be solved by a bunch of aliens, androids and wizards. :unsure:

Technically it's only this screwed up because Tony Stark insisted on keeping his present to the detriment of the vast majority of peoples.  Imagine all the people killed on the freeways because half of the drivers dusted.  They're all still dead.  Onboard a plane when both pilots are dusted?  Sucks to be you, still dead.  Finally found solace with a new love after your family and children disappeared?  Awkward.....  Basically this is the first Marvel show to even start to show just how screwed up the world would be, and they still only scratched the surface.  Basically as cute as Morgan was, she's the reason the world is so jacked up.  Thanks Tony.  ;)

I don’t know why but the scenario that I hadn’t thought about was the person finding a new love. Imagine thinking everything is great, then you’re snapped back into reality and you’re in the room with the love of your life not exactly cheating on you. 

I did however wonder about people on death row all of a sudden being brought back into a prison that had been shut down due to low population. Hopefully the doors would be locked, but maybe not.