Watched the first two.  Acting, writing and production are excellent in my opinion.  Great building of mystery.  An absolute love letter to half hour comedies through the years that looks like it will serve as a vehicle for some very weird twists in the MCU

So far it’s a bit too much of old school tv nostalgia and not enough meaningful story. It’s like they really only wanted to redo bewitched and added only a few seconds of film that even gets to the real story. Hopefully the payoff will come soon, but after 2 episodes I can see some people giving up out of boredom. The little fun the show has so far is trying to spot the easter eggs. 

5 hours ago, Big s said:

So far it’s a bit too much of old school tv nostalgia and not enough meaningful story. It’s like they really only wanted to redo bewitched and added only a few seconds of film that even gets to the real story. Hopefully the payoff will come soon, but after 2 episodes I can see some people giving up out of boredom. The little fun the show has so far is trying to spot the easter eggs. 

I think, given the background of the characters, the audience knows Wanda is in a false reality. My guess is since the previews didn't reveal much, the reality she's in is part of the surprise. Should they string people for too long? Probably not even if it's fun to do a parody of each decades' sitcoms.

I am not a diehard Marvel fan, so I watched the show just based on it's stand-alone merits.  It is definitely an acquired taste.  If it wasn't so obvious that "something" is going on behind the scenes, I definitely would not care to watch a show where Scarlett and Vision are stuck in a 50's or any decade's sitcom for an entire season....personally, the schtick is already starting to wear out....

Additionally, not caring to be spoiled, I did search out the interwebs on various theories about what is going on and several of them, if correct, would indicate that WandaVision should be pretty good...eventually.....and will, like most other Marvel projects, lead into the wider Marvel-verse...especially now that Disney owns most of it...

Most importantly, I'm glad to finally start getting some additional non-Star Wars content....not sure if I have gotten my money's worth yet....but probably close, if I consider 2 season's of The Mandalorian would have set me back 40 bucks(?) on Bluray...Soul, Onward, Mulan at the theatre for 4.....120 bucks....probably more if I include the drinks and popcorn I don't have to pay ridiculous prices for anymore!...lol

I think that maybe I wouldn’t mind the sitcom thing if it wasn’t so much of the show. I get that they’re trying to figure out what’s real, but the sitcom is the vast majority of the show. And those are pretty dull stories so far with the second episode only being slightly more entertaining. It’s like having to watch Full episodes just for a few moments of worth and I really think the sitcom parts only deserve 10 to 15 minutes and then could have done something more fantastic with the rest of the time. Normally with such a strange circumstance I would love the mystery and would love the show to keep going, but I’ve never wished for a show to just get to the climax already. I really just want to be excited to see where this goes, but I’m dreading having to watch another episode and for once I’m glad there’s only one new episode a week coming up. I’ll keep watching though hoping for more but expecting disappointment 

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Additionally, not caring to be spoiled, I did search out the interwebs on various theories about what is going on and several of them, if correct, would indicate that WandaVision should be pretty good...eventually.....and will, like most other Marvel projects, lead into the wider Marvel-verse...especially now that Disney owns most of it...

If it is anything like Stein's Gate, where I darn well nearly gave up on it till THAT episode, than it is worth the wait.  It also may make that fillerish looking material important to the final plot - Babylon 5 also did that with the early (boring on their own but incredible when the rest of the plot fills in) episodes.

I caught both episodes and enjoyed them, they're fun and funny enough, but we really need some progress in the next episode, like, some real actual story progress, the sitcom thing has gone on long enough. Definitely agreed on that feeling of only getting a few moments of real substance from the episodes we've gotten so far, like I said, it's been fun and funny enough, but you really can't drag that kind of schtick around much longer, we need more information on SWORD, and whoever is attempting to contact Wanda.

Also,

Spoiler

where are they going with Monica Rambeau? Is she going to be a new Captain Marvel or Polaris eventually? 

First two eps were definitely a drag.

I remember those old sitcoms, but they just don’t give me any sort of nostalgia feels.

The dark undertones are there, but we’ll see how it all pans out.

Wonder if it’ll be like some anime series, where it takes a few episodes before the story real starts to kick in.

Just watched the first two and I liked them. They're setting the story and giving a bit of lightheartedness, with some little trippy instances peppered in to show that things are not all hunky-dory.

Spoiler

It's clear that they are in Wanda's 'vision' and so I wonder if Vision is just a figmant of her imagination or if he really exists there..? I'm hoping he's not just in her mind.

I would love to see Quicksilver return. The Avengers version had a lot of potential and I kinda expected his return somehow way back when they were teasing infinity war. I felt like the X-Men one played off a simple gimmick one too many times, I didn’t hate him or anything, just felt like a one trick pony.

6 hours ago, Big s said:

I would love to see Quicksilver return. The Avengers version had a lot of potential and I kinda expected his return somehow way back when they were teasing infinity war. I felt like the X-Men one played off a simple gimmick one too many times, I didn’t hate him or anything, just felt like a one trick pony.

Evan Peters will be in the show.  He played the X-Men Quicksilver.

I get slow-rolling the show and slowly peeling back the “real” story.

But we’re treading verrrrrrry close to Inhumans, Iron Fist (Season 1), Jessica Jones (Season 2), Agent Carter (Season 2) levels of boredom here.

Dumb wild theory time:  With all the Hydra commercial references, I wonder if Agents of SHIELD’s Framework (kind of a spin on The Matrix) is involved and mixing with Wanda’s realty warping skills.

I’ve watched the first three episodes out of curiosity. I don’t really have the comic book knowledge to catch all the Easter Eggs, but I have been enjoying the twisted reality bits that this shares with similar media like The Truman Show/Dark City/Megazone 23 and so on. I do hope that the pace will pick up some, given how things ended in the latest episode. I mean, the writers now have a legitimate reason to switch the narrative away from Wanda’s perspective, if they want to. I guess we’ll see how it goes.

I had a rough time convincing my lady to watch this with me. We saw the first two episodes together last week and then yesterday D+was having issues and we ended up watching it later in the evening. After episode three it seems I’ll be watching solo, since she’s out. It seems that something big will happen next episode, but if it’s another small one minute tease I think it’s gonna be the last for me. I’ll just probably stop torturing myself and just check out the highlights and Easter eggs on YouTube.

I remember the comic more, not sure if how Tommy and Billy will be made since magic don't exist in MCU and Scarlet can't use it.

It went south the moment Byrne took over and dislike Wanda and Vision romance due to "having a relationship with a toaster".

It brought us Wiccan but it also brought House of M and turned Wanda into genocidal monster.

That teaser makes it seem like something might actually be interesting, but I’m gonna keep my expectations low. Also seems I’m gonna be stuck watching it alone. 

Just watched the nerdiest recap of the last episode and I never thought a YouTube recap would be more entertaining than the actual show.