Shoji Kawamori EXPO [5/31 - 6/23, 2019]

no3Ljm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bandai should’ve lend him an advance copy or the prototype they used for promotion to complete that line up. I mean, that’s Kawamori. His office/production group doesn’t need to buy a copy just to have it display on his exhibit, right?

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Bandai should’ve lend him an advance copy or the prototype they used for promotion to complete that line up. I mean, that’s Kawamori. His office/production group doesn’t need to buy a copy just to have it display on his exhibit, right?

It could be for many reasons, maybe there is only one prototype, and bandai might be using that one prototype, which they didn’t want to risk anything happening to the only one they had..

or they already broke it!

or it was plain logistics issues that the expo couldn’t source one in time, since it’s not widely released 

or it was on purpose since that display was only for toys released so far. Which is a logical reason if the expo doesn’t want to overstep bandai’s marketing machine and rob bandai of their only one prototype display somewhere else whilst the expo is running ...

take ur pick ...:unknw:

Edited by seti88

yup...i actually quite liked the bike mecha over the rest...

p2_mode01.png.b6da10e97b75e204f0963ec61e7e7237.png.7c24739371b86b4f540549196c1b2e40.pngp2_mode02.png.036b1de176833a7f387f88fc5282ae88.png.4b82027d5992db2cb5f61056ed574536.pngp2_mode03.png.f651c4947dcf9bf6ecac452d6fe0e65f.png.603f3b4f4e44773a2556069f4afaad04.png

The only point i would otherwise make is that it needs more humanoid touch. A bike is more in tune with a humanoid, from size and use method perspective. 

There needs to be an actual humanoid factor in bike mecha design, as evidenced by mospeada and BGC....

Edited by seti88

22 minutes ago, seti88 said:

yup...i actually quite liked the bike mecha over the rest...

Same .

23 minutes ago, seti88 said:

There needs to be an actual humanoid factor in bike mecha design, as evidenced by mospeada and BGC....

This mech is reminiscent, to me , of the early Makoto Kobayuki works  in Hobby Japan . Circa late 80’s Though very different overall in design, the idea of a pilot inside an armored motor bike is the same result. 

This picture below, I love the designs here over the years..

Check Gunhead holding it down. ;)

77F55AB9-AD19-464C-B042-2048AE6308D1.jpeg.fe0d516c14e24646546eb2da15b090fa.jpeg

Too bad it’s not a high rez pic..

Also , can’t wait to hear more about this event from the podcast crew..

14 hours ago, seti88 said:

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/772352/

There is a future section too....it seems kawamori-san is looking into BIKES!...

99c927f04b107d75d23cf81b69e0f006-3-440x293.jpg.e023d39f6e1073e7bff2c3741430e8b4.jpg

VB - Variable Bike, anyone? :)

Mixel joints?  Yes! Go, Kawamori-san, devine their ways.  Learn their language.  Gives us new prose to admire.

9 hours ago, Sir Galahad® said:

When you realize there is no VF-17 in there.

GAMLIN KICK!

Uggh.  Not even her more popular cousin, that debutante, the 171. 

I feel like Gamlin kicked me in the reproductives.

But why though?  He did design it, right?  Seems odd.

5 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Uggh.  Not even her more popular cousin, that debutante, the 171. 

I feel like Gamlin kicked me in the reproductives.

But why though?  He did design it, right?  Seems odd.

Yup. In toy forms, it's missing VF-17's and VF-11's.

Just came back from the expo in this rainy weather. Interesting to see all his design sketches and storyboards from his various works. The Aquarion Lego was pretty big! Was doing fine until a huge bottleneck started by the unfinished/dropped projects. Went to check it out and seems the man himself was giving a private tour. Couldn't understand anything he said but it was interesting when he was by his desk display. Finished with him taking pics with the people with the red bike. Didn't take any pics though as I wasn't sure if I was out of the no camera area and didn't want to be rude. Bought some expo stuff but most of the stuff I wanted was sold out.

On 6/8/2019 at 3:38 PM, Bolt said:

Same .

This mech is reminiscent, to me , of the early Makoto Kobayuki works  in Hobby Japan . Circa late 80’s Though very different overall in design, the idea of a pilot inside an armored motor bike is the same result. 

This picture below, I love the designs here over the years..

Check Gunhead holding it down. ;)

77F55AB9-AD19-464C-B042-2048AE6308D1.jpeg.fe0d516c14e24646546eb2da15b090fa.jpeg

Too bad it’s not a high rez pic..

Also , can’t wait to hear more about this event from the podcast crew..

Hopefully we'll be getting some thoughts down soon. Just waiting for the Expo to wrap up (this Sunday) first.

26 minutes ago, Tochiro said:

Hopefully we'll be getting some thoughts down soon. Just waiting for the Expo to wrap up (this Sunday) first.

Did they happen to have a sample copy of the book that seems to have been available for purchase via PO?

d0f90d86799afbccea4e64ae13629.png

Hoping to get one once they actually get published.  The previous Kawamori exhibit companion book proved to be hard to come by when it first came out and now hardly ever shows up on auction or Mandarake.

1 hour ago, Tochiro said:

Right on :good:

30 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Did they happen to have a sample copy of the book that seems to have been available for purchase via PO?

Hoping to get one once they actually get published.  The previous Kawamori exhibit companion book proved to be hard to come by when it first came out and now hardly ever shows up on auction or Mandarake.

Very coolB))

On 6/19/2019 at 12:40 PM, jvmacross said:

Please somebody post a preorder link for this T_T

*edit Preferably Amazon JP or CDJapan or HLJ

Edited by hachi
edit