Macross Crossover Live 2019

Sildani

14 hours ago, Sildani said:

F60D8280-2A1E-4248-96BC-99427C9D66F5.jpeg

No Sharon/Myung in the poster......................

I realize I might be barking up the wrong tree, seeing that most of the members here don't live in Japan, but... anyone know any other avenues for getting tickets? A friend and I entered the lottery but we were unsuccessful.

Buying event tickets on the secondary market in Japan is difficult to say the least, and is generally frowned upon and will soon be illegal (as of June 8th of this year).

Fingers crossed!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 5:16 PM, kazuo said:

I realize I might be barking up the wrong tree, seeing that most of the members here don't live in Japan, but... anyone know any other avenues for getting tickets? A friend and I entered the lottery but we were unsuccessful.

Buying event tickets on the secondary market in Japan is difficult to say the least, and is generally frowned upon and will soon be illegal (as of June 8th of this year).

Fingers crossed!

At this point the secondary markets you're only option.
The first and second lotteries have finished and there aren't anymore performances.

Otherwise try to get a part time job working the venue? lol

• 1 month later...

Wow, thank you! Will give that a try. Kind of rolling the dice because they can refuse entry/kick you out if they think or can prove you bought scalped tickets, but whatever!

Edited by kazuo

9 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Are they intentionally omitting Sharon or what? 

Wasn't every one of Sharon's tracks by a different performer?  That'd make it rather difficult/expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 6:17 AM, David Hingtgen said:

Are they intentionally omitting Sharon or what? 

Seto is probably right about the different performers doing Sharon. I also think the type of songs that Sharon "sings" might not fit in with the general tone of the other more traditional pop or rock performers.

Welp ran into Egan Loo and some of the MWF podcast/SDC crew at Kawamori Expo.

Also saw them at the halls of the LIVE.

Everything was great (surprise guests, meshup) except for the weird Macross 7 remix, which was literally putting people to sleep (Sharon Apple was there after all).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 10:57 AM, Seto Kaiba said:

Wasn't every one of Sharon's tracks by a different performer?  That'd make it rather difficult/expensive.

Or they could have made Minori Suzuki sing Voices and Junna Information High. Would anyone complain?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
12 hours ago, kazuo said:

It seems like these are rarely released for purchase. Unfortunate. I was there and would love to relive this someday.

At least you got to go. Can you tell us who all performed? Was Hiroko kasahara(Ishtar) there? What about Akino Arai or Yoko kono?

I went for Day 2. Here's the setlist: https://web.archive.org/web/20190628172046/https://aniuta.co.jp/contents/247250

The setlist was not announced in advance that I know of, but nobody expected Day 1 to be much different from Day 2. Yes, Kasahara was there and did "Love you again" from Macross II. Akino Arai and Yoko Kanno did not perform (sadly). I don't recall if they stopped in to say hi. I think Yoko Kanno MAYBE did? It was a couple years ago and I was extremely tired at the time (I literally arrived two hours before the concert started and I missed Ai Ijima's entire set because there was a delay at immigration control). Some of the details are fuzzy. Even though I wanted to see Ijima, I was honestly most excited about Fire Bomber (despite really not being a fan of 7 at all) and Sheryl (May'n). I got what I wanted, it was totally worth it lol. I even enjoyed Walkure even though I couldn't care less about Delta.

The stupid part is, there has to be a recording because they simulcast it in theaters... I wish they'd just let us buy it already.

Edited by kazuo

12 hours ago, kazuo said:

I went for Day 2. Here's the setlist: https://web.archive.org/web/20190628172046/https://aniuta.co.jp/contents/247250

The setlist was not announced in advance that I know of, but nobody expected Day 1 to be much different from Day 2. Yes, Kasahara was there and did "Love you again" from Macross II. Akino Arai and Yoko Kanno did not perform (sadly). I don't recall if they stopped in to say hi. I think Yoko Kanno MAYBE did? It was a couple years ago and I was extremely tired at the time (I literally arrived two hours before the concert started and I missed Ai Ijima's entire set because there was a delay at immigration control). Some of the details are fuzzy. Even though I wanted to see Ijima, I was honestly most excited about Fire Bomber (despite really not being a fan of 7 at all) and Sheryl (May'n). I got what I wanted, it was totally worth it lol. I even enjoyed Walkure even though I couldn't care less about Delta.

The stupid part is, there has to be a recording because they simulcast it in theaters... I wish they'd just let us buy it already.

Wow thanks for the detailed impressions man. I'm glad you had a good time.

You're right, they should just release it on Blu-ray already. Not sure what the hesitation could be. On another note, won't macross be turning 40 in about three years or so? If so, perhaps they will have a 40th anniversary concert in 2024 or something. What do you think the odds are?

On 9/20/2021 at 7:53 AM, isamu said:

Wow thanks for the detailed impressions man. I'm glad you had a good time.

You're right, they should just release it on Blu-ray already. Not sure what the hesitation could be. On another note, won't macross be turning 40 in about three years or so? If so, perhaps they will have a 40th anniversary concert in 2024 or something. What do you think the odds are?

I honestly couldn't even speculate on why they won't release the Blu-rays for all of these concerts. Japanese companies do so many things that make little to no sense.

Regarding the 40th, they will absolutely have a concert. You should plan to make the trip if you can. :) I wanted to go to the Frontier concert that is finally happening soon, but I can't for obvious reasons. :(