16 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Last I saw of this, a huge chunk of the Moon was hurtling at Earth. Unless they took a really long hiatus, I'm guessing I missed a lot, huh?

Everything took a long hiatus. They did the second season and everything went into lockdown. I’m just glad that a good chunk of the shows I like are finally coming back 

• 3 months later...

The third season starts with more music and dancing, so this show is still in its groove. I’m working my way through the episodes slowly so that I can take more time to enjoy it, but last night I finally finished episode 5. No spoilers, just giving a quick update. B))

28 minutes ago, Thom said:

Another fun season from the Umbrella Academy. They never fail in the whole 'fun family dysfunction' thing. Overall, it was as good as the previous seasons, though I don't think it was any better. 

The show has been very consistent out of the gate. From my POV, that’s a good thing, especially since it’s doing its own thing as an adaptation of the Dark Horse graphic novels.

Both have their own unique voice. B))

And that ending gave room for another continuation, which I wasn’t expecting. Now I hope they get that 4th season.

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Finished the 3rd season.....enjoyed it for the most part....for those that have read the comics...is the show caught up with it more or less...or does the comic go beyond the events of S3?

Basically. There are three collected volumes for the comics that are published and one spin-off. They do their own thing but loosely follow the same events as the Netflix series. For instance, the comics give hero nicknames to all the main characters and have villains for them to fight in the main story.

Volume 3 of the comic introduced the Sparrows but doesn’t give a deep dive into their background like the series. I’ve read that the plan was to introduce Sparrow Academy in detail with volume 4 of the comics but it isn’t out yet. The new volume was announced a couple years ago (2020).

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished Season 1 (I know).

Dumb question:  I wonder if the future before Number Five ditched The Handler (after being moved up to management) would have averted the apocalypse?

Everyone has a fairly happy ending.  And Vanya still discovers the journal, but there would be (theoretically) no gorilla boy to trap her. :unknw:

4 hours ago, Mog said:

Just finished Season 1 (I know).

Dumb question:  I wonder if the future before Number Five ditched The Handler (after being moved up to management) would have averted the apocalypse?

Everyone has a fairly happy ending.  And Vanya still discovers the journal, but there would be (theoretically) no gorilla boy to trap her. :unknw:

Yeah. At the end of season 1, something like that happy timeline is possible…

On the other hand, there are so many other variables at play, and we didn’t get to see much of the revised present-day timeline that the Handler intended to use as her main reset. Something else could have come up to cause things to go sideways. I’ll leave it at that to avoid potential season 2 and 3 spoilers.

10 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Just finished s3 and boy is vanya annoying. I find that character exceeding annoying. 

Well, Netflix changed a lot for the show. I suggest taking a look at the comic, if you’re willing and want a different perspective of the events and characters.

As for me, I’ve enjoyed both interpretations. It will be interesting to see where the story goes if we get a season 4.

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Well, Netflix changed a lot for the show. I suggest taking a look at the comic, if you’re willing and want a different perspective of the events and characters.

As for me, I’ve enjoyed both interpretations. It will be interesting to see where the story goes if we get a season 4.

I may just do that. Was considering getting the comics since S1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...