Anyone have more info on THIS BABY?? :

goo1.jpg

goo2.jpg

gggoo3.jpg

I'm drooling already!

Other pics:

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/729703

https://en.toy-people.com/?p=151

One place lists it as a model kit, another refers to it as a "finished product" (ie presumably a prepainted figure/toy). Not sure which is more accurate.

EDIT:

Going by GSC's reputation, I'd think it's a toy. But since they've been trying their hand at the mecha kit arena recently, I'd just as likely think it's a model kit.

Edited by kajnrig

7 minutes ago, Big s said:

I couldn’t see if it listed it as a plamax product, but if it is then it’s a kit. I’m not sure if finished product referred to it being the kit that’s done or a pre finished product for sale.

the Card says it's from Good Smile

Just now, Big s said:

Good smile and Max factory seem to run together with both figma and plamax. I’m not sure if that really helps on distinguishing if this is a kit or toy.

nope, let the speculation/drooling continue!

'cause either way I needs me one of these!

• 2 weeks later...

anyone have further clarification yet?

I think I managed to 'nab one of these:

https://hlj.com/popynica-damashii-cowboy-bebop-swordfish-ii-reissue-bans57544

But I don't think it's the same item... does that mean we get more Sworfish II love?

14 minutes ago, slide said:

I think I managed to 'nab one of these:

https://hlj.com/popynica-damashii-cowboy-bebop-swordfish-ii-reissue-bans57544

But I don't think it's the same item... does that mean we get more Sworfish II love?

That's a reissue of the Bandai Chogokin Swordfish. I got one as well.

I hope the GoodSmile one is complete and properly weathered, as the Bandai one looks a bit too "clean" for Cowboy Bebop.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

...the Bandai one looks a bit too "clean" for Cowboy Bebop.

she is very clean... but weathering it souldn't be too hard since it's already finished...

What size/scale is the re-issue? 

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's listed as approx 9" long, which puts it at about 1:60 scale.

sweet...

now come on Good Smile and give us the big one!

• 4 months later...

Also available at CDJapan. 

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-349816

And HLJ

https://hlj.com/1-48-scale-swordfish-ii-gsc94128

[edit] It looks great, but for $300+ I think I'll stick to the Bandai one I already have on order.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Thanks for the links, I went with AmiAmi before seeing the other links, but it's not a huge price difference.  Honestly, I think the price is on point for something of that size and detail, and I don't mind having a second bigger version of that design.  I think the fancier interior and gear detail sold me on it, aside from the better overall weathered look, and what I assume are working lights.

If only Arcadia's PF releases looked this polished. :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Same, though I'm really happy how utterly easy it was to order.  No spinny loading icons, no login queues, no worry that the shop won't be able to deliver.

This, 1000X THIS!  I'm beginning to loath collecting Macross, specially general release DX stuff, precisely because of all the aggravation involved.  This item, on the other hand, allowed me to leisurely visit several different vendors to check prices and final costs, ponder the choices without worry before pulling the trigger, and secure a copy with no risk of getting it ripped from the cart before finishing, or getting a "so sorry" email after thinking I succeeded.  This should not be so damned hard.

Having the option to pay later doesn't hurt either...

Edited by mechaninac

I think one of the sadder parts of the typical Pre-order MadnessTM is that I've grown trigger happy.  I jumped on the AmiAmi order without shopping around at all, because I didn't know how long I had to put an order in.  

I'm not sad about the lost $10 or so I could have saved at another shop.  I'm sad that I've reached a point where I feel like it doesn't matter, and I'm happy to pay a little more to make sure I get the item. :p 

On the plus side, I think all of the other pre-orders I have for this coming winter were already paid for, so aside from the usual Christmas shopping, December should be wide open. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal

11 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

is there a same scale spike figure that fits in this?

The ship is 1/48, and looks pretty huge from the product photo showing someone holding it, but it comes with its own figure.  I honestly never realized how big the ship is.

FIGURE-050703_14.jpgFIGURE-050703_11.jpg

I actually think I'm going to keep the smaller Bandai release as well, since it'll be easier to find display space for.

Edited by Chronocidal

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

The ship is 1/48, and looks pretty huge from the product photo showing someone holding it, but it comes with its own figure.  I honestly never realized how big the ship is.

I actually think I'm going to keep the smaller Bandai release as well, since it'll be easier to find display space for.

oh rad, it come with it's own Spike figure. i'm so in then.... 

now to find the lowest price plus shipping combo

Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak... it's more expensive than I was hoping... ah well... 

On 7/18/2019 at 10:46 AM, Chronocidal said:

I'm gonna keep the smaller bandai one too... such a pretty plane...

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i really want this but all these new announcements. damn... what to skip and what to buy:unsure:

This just got shelved for arcadia's 1/60 FB2012  VF-4... too bad... i'll have to hunt one of these down later

• 4 months later...