Official Customs thread???

Jasonc

That Blue Roses custom is very nice. What color did you use for the main body?

Testors Model Master Blue Angel Blue. Thought that was appropriate ;)

That color works really well, along with Tamiya Sea Blue. I tried out both when I did my 1/60 BR custom and decided to go with the Tamiya because I prefer working with acrylics when possible.

Here's my very first custom. I'm working on two right now, but this one has a VF-1D head by chris as well as heat shield, and cockpit. The pilots are scratch built, and the decals are of Anasazi's great work. I used Tamiya sand for the brown and Tamiya orange. The green is a mix of two bottles I found of Tamiya paint that I knew would look good if mixed.

post-24-1077073710_thumb.jpg

Here's my very first custom. I'm working on two right now, but this one has a VF-1D head by chris as well as heat shield, and cockpit. The pilots are scratch built, and the decals are of Anasazi's great work. I used Tamiya sand for the brown and Tamiya orange. The green is a mix of two bottles I found of Tamiya paint that I knew would look good if mixed.

Great job on that! Thats your first custom? If so, I can't wait to see what else you can come up with.

That's pretty good. I'd love to get a set for my 1D or the 1S Minmay Guard I'm working on. Is that armor set from the original Bandai/Takatoku, or from the reissue Bandai? Anyone know of anyone that's casted parts for the reissues, esp. the arms?

That's pretty good. I'd love to get a set for my 1D or the 1S Minmay Guard I'm working on. Is that armor set from the original Bandai/Takatoku, or from the reissue Bandai? Anyone know of anyone that's casted parts for the reissues, esp. the arms?

alftien casted arm armor that will work with pretty much any valk. It uses the same attachment method as the 1/55 Elint (no clips). I think mslz22 recasted these, too.

I generally sell the kits unfinished, but do customs for people also. The Elint seeker kit is $75.00 shipped in the US and all the molds are new. the kit includes

ve wings

ve1 head

radom

radom support

all 10 parts for the boosters (2 are the side antenna)

booster clip

medium leg armor

large leg armor

all the parts that make up the lower antenna (10parts)

2seater cockpit

the "arm armor" that goes on the right arm, it's more of an antenna thing i guess...

basically everything you need to make a jetfire/1/55 bandai reissue any 1/55 (exept toynami) a ve 1,

I also have the conversion kit for the super ostrich.

all parts are pressure cast and matt finish.

PM me if you are interested

mike

I just recently purchased the Super O parts from MSLZ, and can't wait to get them. I must say that the work on the Elint you have is a good job. Do you use airbrush, or go with the cans? :D

• 1 month later...

Well folks... I noticed that nobody has responded to this thread for a while so I wasn't sure if this was relavent.

A friend just gave me a star wars artilery cannon [light up no less] that I can't decide if I should use as a hand held weapon for my "the count" 1/55 vf or as a strike cannon for it. Is anybody still interested in this topic before I post a pic and waste server space?

By all means, post!!! The customs gallery is cool and all, but here we can just put up all sorts of Macross variants, without so many pics. Anyways, if you've got customs that you bought, or ones you made, post them here. Inspire the customizers here to pound more new looks out. :D

Here's a modified VF-11b I'm working on. I've extended the wings, and removed the slider bars and associated hardware under neath the wings, and on top of the shoulders. I'm going to extend the tailfins next(possibly the bottom stabilizers on the legs too). The wings haven't been setup for battloid, but fighter and gerwalk work. Notice the shoulder area slider is gone on the custom.

post-24-1081349779_thumb.jpg