Official Customs thread???

Jasonc

I'm gonna have to put up my pics when I get a more modern digital camera, but I think it'd be cool to have a thread where we see all the customs out there. Not just valks, but any Macross or Robotech toy customs. Also, if you post them, give a brief description of who you got parts from, decals, stickers, and on and on. Credit where credit is due. what do you think? :D

I'm gonna have to put up my pics when I get a more modern digital camera, but I think it'd be cool to have a thread where we see all the customs out there. Not just valks, but any Macross or Robotech toy customs. Also, if you post them, give a brief description of who you got parts from, decals, stickers, and on and on. Credit where credit is due. what do you think? :D

Sounds great to me! I've made tons of decal and sticker sets for people, yet rarely do I get to see them in action on customs. It's like they disappear into a void.... :( Having an official customs thread might encourage people to post pics of their work. I'll be sure to post pics. I have four customs in the works right now....

you asked for it :lol:

violator valk custom jetfire. Parts used from manga violator and jetfire in rough shape. It's finally almost done. I just need to attach the second fast pack blade with metal reinforcement and touch up the paint on the one shoulder. Fully transformable with removable head secured with modified rca jacks. Most important is thet like a true bandai it can fall off stuff without breaking :rolleyes:

oh yeah... the chain is there just so I knew where it was, it's not attached.

simple zen power armor custom. I have the manga spawn helmeted head on a custom exo-armor jetfire custom I'm working on and the "crispy" head is on the zen power armor this head came from. I still have more to do to the power armor so no pics of it yet :unsure:

some custom destroids. The 7" tomahawk/excalibur on the left has the spikey bit from a delux movie spawn and exhaust pipes from my bits box. The small one and the 7" blue one just have paint jobs. The spartan/phalnyx has extra guns mounted on his missle drums from my bits box. The conversion kit was just in the pic.

my first custom made from takatoku 1/55 VF-1S. all original parts. it's a max1S now :)

original parts remain untouched are:

VF logos on both feet

unspacy strips on both sides of the legs

skull on heatshield and tail fins

custom stickers:

shoulders triangle

danger intakes

pilot name: max genius

macross logo and 001 on wings and cockpit area

all screw heads

the rest of the colors are hand painted and airbrush

post-24-1074503169_thumb.jpg

I made this custom a while ago.

It's my pride and joy.

The pic may be a little blurry.

1/55 VF-1S Strike Roy

Roy-2.JPG_2.jpg

Here are the details:

Jetfire body + armour

Custom head + heat shield (Chris Baretta)

Custom cannon + decals (Jung)

Custom gun strap (Me)

Edited by mech9T8

Here is the first custom I ever made. I was going for the "Focker's Last Fight" theme with this Super VF-1S. Jetfire body, Chris Barretta custom head and heatshield, Jung decals. I was REALLY inexperienced when I made this. Note reversed stripes on chestplate. :( Definitely not my best work, but a good start. Working on this inspired me to start making decals. The friend who received this as a graduation gift dubbed it "The Dirty Bird."

post-24-1074880488_thumb.jpg

Here's my second custom, a 1/55 Super VF-1A CF. I was able to control the weathering on this one a bit better and even managed to produce a neat "stressed" paint job--completely by accident, I must admit. This was the first custom I made with the Hasegawa-style decals I designed. Back in the day, I made these on my inkjet printer.... The squadron comes from the old Macross Hobby Handbook. I changed the color from blue to green and gave this valk a number designation. This was a gift for my best friend. Jetfire body, Chris Barretta custom head and heatshield, Kotobukiya nozzles.

armored_battroid.jpg

armored_fighter.jpg

Edited by Anasazi37

I started branching out into Yamatos with this Angel Birds custom. The valk was painted completely white and then decals I designed for MW member trueblueeyes were used to created the Angel Birds color scheme. This custom is sporting the new ALPS printed decals. Designing them took a looooooong time, but making this custom took very little time. No muss, no fuss. :D

ab_fighter_top.jpg

ab_front.jpg

:D Very nice work Anasazi. I'm getting a digital camera this weekend, so I'll show you the customs I'm working on. Very cool stuff. I like it all. It's definitely inspired me to produce more.

Hey, why is my pic gone?

Was my custom that bad.

OK, seriously, I know it was too big the first time so I made it smaller and it still won't show. Can't we link from Yahoo Geocities?

I tried to look for the rules to posting pics and couldn't find them...maybe I'm blind.

:(

Hey, why is my pic gone?

Was my custom that bad.

OK, seriously, I know it was too big the first time so I made it smaller and it still won't show. Can't we link from Yahoo Geocities?

I tried to look for the rules to posting pics and couldn't find them...maybe I'm blind.

:(

It's not you, Geocities is a bit tempermental.

sbarett-

whats up with the 1A eye?

its different in both pics..the battroid one looks like you added a frame around the eye?

I noticed that too. Also, the gunpods. I don't know if it's the same one but this is the second time I seen your custom without the tip. Maybe it a kosher gunpod. :p

sbarett-

whats up with the 1A eye?

its different in both pics..the battroid one looks like you added a frame around the eye?

I noticed that too. Also, the gunpods. I don't know if it's the same one but this is the second time I seen your custom without the tip. Maybe it a kosher gunpod. :p

My custom made eyeport cover came off when I was transforming it. I never glued it on becuase it hinders the process when trying to manuver the head through the backplate.

The gunpod is the same as before, still haven't put the tip on. I'll get to that someday,maybe :blink:

I thought a collections thread would be pretty cool, but then I figured I'd get jealous seeing what some people have. That's why I put up a customs thread. Hopefully those that do customs will want to put their work up, and also show-off some of the people who make the custom parts, decals, stickers and stuff. I hope it inspires those that customize to do more and to let others who thought about it to actually try it.

I'm looking for custom 1/55 heads, any recomendations for suppliers? I have looked around the boards and I really don't see any posts.

I believe the wanted forum is the best place to get them. I don't know if Chris still does them. If so, anybody have a link or direction to go in? I need some custom parts as well. Thanks. BTW, Pics coming tonight of my custom work. :D

I have the molds for the 1d head, the yamato 1/48 1s and 1a heads, both of which can be used on the 1/55's with little modification. I also have the molds for the club m 1/48 1s and 1a heads which are perfect for non transformable 1/55's in jet mode. other 1/55 custom parts....

1/48 club m strike cannon resized to fit 1/55

umm7 missles also from club m resized.

sazabi hands.

super ostrich conversion kit

elintseeker conversion kit

PM me if you are interested.

mike

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/salzo2200...nm=IM000456.jpg

follow the link to a pic of a finished custom, I do not have any sets cast right now, i make them to order. I just redid most of the molds so all the parts are nice and crisp. the parts are all pressure cast to virtually (if not completly) eliminate any air bubbles. the kit comes with

wings, head, booster clip, medium leg armor, large leg armor, all 8 booster parts, and 2 seater cockpit $55.00 shipped.

thanks

mike

007-vf1,

Which exo squad is that? The little 6" - 7" in the card backed blister pack or the bigger 8- 9" version? That is a GREAT custom job!

I really don't know...it came loose I think is the one from the blister pack. Is the bigger version 6-7" ?? that is close to 1/72 scale. I didn't know they made one even bigger at 9"( man, I like tos ee that one). I have an original blistered one sealed as well.