Many Macross toys for sale Hi-Metal + 1/60

herlock99

21 minutes ago, jenius said:

Is this like a passive aggressive post toward mods?

If you don't like the no silent auction rule, just sell your stuff on eBay.

well when I first posted a nice message here, I thought I was communicating with humans, and that if I missed something, someone would just let me know. But when your message is erased without any explanation, it makes you feel angry. period. 

I thought it was a forum, not a life insurance policy with 2000 strict rules. NOthing was wrong with my message. And if you think it was rude to forget to put a price, well, I'm so sorrry to upset you and be one more random guy who didn't show tremendous respect to what you've been building over so many years. My bad.. I should have known better. 100000000 apologies. 

It's a forum, all forums have rules... That's how it works *everywhere*

Don't take it personal, What you must learn is that these rules are no different that the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken... No, that's a different forum

Edited by linitrofe

6 hours ago, herlock99 said:

well when I first posted a nice message here, I thought I was communicating with humans, and that if I missed something, someone would just let me know. But when your message is erased without any explanation, it makes you feel angry. period. 

I thought it was a forum, not a life insurance policy with 2000 strict rules. NOthing was wrong with my message. And if you think it was rude to forget to put a price, well, I'm so sorrry to upset you and be one more random guy who didn't show tremendous respect to what you've been building over so many years. My bad.. I should have known better. 100000000 apologies. 

Someone did let you know, the mods put a post on your topic that warned you that you had 24hours to add prices.

Presumably they deleted your topic 24 hours after that warning.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

6 hours ago, herlock99 said:

I normally ignore terrible for sale threads and just move on, but this one seems especially terrible, so I'll give my 2 cents:

There are 18 rules.  They take less than 5 minutes to read.  I think trying to circumvent the "no silent auction rule" by posting a ridiculous price (and maybe hoping for silent bids?) is definitely violating the spirit of the rule, if not the letter.

Also, popping off on the rules and/or forum mods doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a potential buyer.  I might have actually been interested in a few of the things you are selling (if I knew what they were), but now there is no way I'd deal with a seller like you.  My loss, I guess.  Yet... it doesn't feel that way.

@herlock99 did mention that he or she is very busy due to being a single parent for a 2 years old and might not have read the post from the MOD. Upon finding the thread deleted (and the MOD post can be read anymore), someone can get a bit upset and reacted by the opening post.

Others have broken the same rule and when the MOD gently reminded them, they react in time and things are ok. So this is not so different apart from the misunderstanding due to Herlock99 missing the MOD post.

If this new thread is edited to conform to the rule and avoid silent bidding, then I hope we can move on from that misunderstanding and move on with no drama.

-kk

PS: Herlock99 typed a very long post in the previous thread, that is lost now and any help to recover that will be a really kind thing. I would not want to retype the whole message and recompile all the info again.

Well, here's the original post, from the new post notification email I got:

Spoiler

hello everyone 

I just decided to get rid of a large part of my collection, including many macrosstoys, many One Piece figures and many robots in general. 

I was looking for an option to sell online but ebay takes so much benefit that you need to up your prices significantly. I've tried to put one bird on Bonanza to see if it works but I doubt it. 

Anyway here is the list of toys as for now. I might add many later, especially rare 1/60 from Frontier (but it's hard to part with them...) 

• 1/60 VF-4G Lightning III - Arcadia  VF-4G Bonanza
  • 1/100 VF-1J Super Valkyrie - Hi-Metal R Bandai Max version - new sealed
  • 1/100 VF-1J Super Valkyrie - Hi-Metal R Bandai Milia version - new sealed
  • 1/100 VF-1J Armored Valkyrie - Hi-Metal R Bandai Hikaru Ichijo 1st release - new sealed
  • 1/100 VF-1J Super Valkyrie - Hi-Metal R Bandai Hikaru Ichijo - opened and displayed robot mode, never transformed
  • 1/100 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie - Hi-Metal R Bandai Roy Focker - opened and displayed Gerwalk mode, so half transformed once
  • 1/100 VE-1 Elint Seeker- Hi-Metal R Bandai - new sealed

You can find examples of shipping prices from Switzerland on the Bonanza auction. 

All 1/100 fit the Small Package requirements, even if you put up to 4 of them I guess. Payments with Paypal unless you know anything better. I'm selling everything at least 10% cheaper than Ebay similar items and I'm talking about the cheapest market value, not the crazy sellers. Make me an offer. and if you want to know about non Macrosstoys, you can check here on Facebook Vintage Toys but it's not complete. 

I really have a lot more One Piece figures, some very rare painted resin statues including Whitebeard TSUME that I need to add. 

Thanks for your interest and looking forward to helping you. 

PS: I'm not a professional seller, I can't always reply immediately, I have a 2 years old son and I live alone with him so please be patient. Thank you 

If you're not sure what to sell them for, you can ask in the "what's it worth" thread in the for sale/trade subforum.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Hello @herlock99 

Be sure to check out this pinned topic located at the top of the "For Sale & Trade" section, entitled "Please Read Before Posting":

Said thread lists a number of rule bullet-points to follow for your future for-sale postings:

• Only Macross, Macross-related, or similar merchandise will be allowed in the For Sale or Trade forums. Please be aware that any item that is not Macross merchandise, directly related to Macross, or reasonably similar may be removed from the Sale/Trade section by the staff at their sole discretion.
  • Items to be offered for direct sale/trade should be listed only in the Sale/Trade section.
  • Items listed on sites outside of Macross World (such as eBay) should be listed in the Where to Buy Macross, Auctions & Dealers Specials Section.
  • People looking for items should post in the Wanted section only.
  • All threads offering an item for sale must have a posted price. "Silent Auction" style listings are not allowed. This rule includes (prohibits) "Make me an offer" listings. Failure to post a price will subject the thread to immediate deletion.
  • Items offered exclusively for trade only must be listed as such, otherwise they must have a posted price. Failure to do so may subject the thread to immediate deletion.
  • For clarification purposes it should be assumed that potential buyers posting "dibs", "PM Sent," or other such posts in sale/trade listings should not expect any special consideration given to them by the seller for being "first in line" unless they have heard directly from the seller that they are indeed the purchasing party. Always rely primarily on direct communication and confirmation from the seller. Do not assume that you are guaranteed an item by being first to post in a thread. Macross World administration and staff will not mediate or oversee disputes. This note is here solely for your information and advisement.
  • The "Straight Shooter List" and "Blacklist" are provided based upon responses from the membership and in no way constitutes support or endorsement of any member, business, or individual by Macross World, its ownership, administration, or staff. These lists are provided simply as a reference for members based solely on member feedback and should in no way be seen as "proof" of the trustworthiness or lack thereof of any seller or buyer. As always, buyer beware!
  • The following are prohibited from sale or trade in this section. Any sale or trade threads offering any of these items will be removed without notice.
  • Firearms and any projectile weapon, including their accessories and parts. This includes, and is not limited to: Dartguns, slingshots, Bows, Airsoft or other "fake" or simulated firearms or weapons, "homemade" projectile weapons.
  • Edged weapons or other blunt weapons (This does NOT apply to non-firing replicas of sci-fi items like "blasters", "light sabers" and such)
  • Motor Vehicles or any other mechanical object governed by a Title of ownership
  • Any Real Property governed by a Title of ownership
  • Any Explosive device rated Class C or above including all commercially available Fireworks
  • Any controlled or over-the-counter substances including Narcotics, Stimulants, Additives or Supplements
  • Any perishable fruit or foodstuff.
  • For purposes of International, Federal, State and Local Tax and Import/Export duties/levies on transactions, Macross World is to be held unaccountable. Private parties engaging in transactions in the sale/trade section are responsible for any taxes, tariffs, duties or fees generated by their transactions.
  • All Rules and Guidelines above are subject to the interpretation of the Macross World Staff. The Macross World Staff reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. By accessing this forum and website, you agree to abide by these Rules and Guidelines.

Also @herlock99

Don't feel too bad or upset. Everyone here has to follow the same aforementioned rules. The moderators are not trying to single you out or do anything malicious.

Yes, you made a mistake. But you are new here. I am sure you will figure things out soon enough.

Finally, I just wanted to say...

Welcome to the Macross Wold Forums community!  

I look forward to seeing pictures from you displaying your Macross toy collection in all its glory, comments from you criticizing how silly SD valkyries look, posts from you chiming in on how you are staying up with all of us for a 4:00AM pre-order madness event, and for-sale listings from you regarding toys that are hopefully priced within my budget!

Best of luck to you, and again, welcome aboard.

53 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Also @herlock99

Don't feel too bad or upset. Everyone here has to follow the same aforementioned rules. The moderators are not trying to single you out or do anything malicious.

Yes, you made a mistake. But you are new here. I am sure you will figure things out soon enough.

Finally, I just wanted to say...

Welcome to the Macross Wold Forums community!  

I look forward to seeing pictures from you displaying your Macross toy collection in all its glory, comments from you criticizing how silly SD valkyries look, posts from you chiming in on how you are staying up with all of us for a 4:00AM pre-order madness event, and for-sale listings from you regarding toys that are hopefully priced within my budget!

Best of luck to you, and again, welcome aboard.

Hey Shizuka-chan. Just an FYI that Herlock’s been a member since 2008. You can verify this on his profile info. I assumed he seldom or visit this site that’s why he only have 10 posts.

ok, my apologies — for real.

I received a private message saying that there was a warning before my original post was deleted. Not sure it was 24h though, because I posted during the night (in my country) and the next afternoon I couldn't find my post anymore. But there was definitely one. Apparently I just don't receive any notification whenever sb posts sth here. I just don't know how to set that up. 

Anyway, according to me there was a price. I was just not conventional. I wrote something like "whatever you find on an auction site, I'll make it at least 10% cheaper". That's a price. It's just not stated. It's not intended to mislead people. It was intended to offer the best price possible without me losing money. Yeah, "parents.. always in need of money, but no time to check things thoroughly.." I don't have time indeed to check market value. And I wanted real Macross fan to benefit from sometime rare toys and not some ebay more experienced reseller. 

Anyway, I don't want to spread any more hate on this forum, even though I'm the one who started. Again, Please forgive me. 

So, if it's still appropriate, can I post my selling list? or does a mod still have my original message ? ANd do I really need to put a real definite price even though I don't know these toys value? 

Edit:

• I have now read all your posts. Thank you for attaching my original post. 
  • maybe 36 hours felt like 12 hours and I skipped a day in my head.. 
  • I will check prices on Ebay myself and make it cheaper here. it's just hard to know for the VF-4. There are 15 watchers on much more expensive auctions than mine, I don't understand. I just remember I paid quite a lot through a proxy to get this one. But I have too many toys to remember everything. Just want to be fair. 

Edited by herlock99

There is also a "what's it worth thread" that I'm sure acts as a silent auction thread. If you can't find  sold listings on eBay then post in that thread what you have and the condition and ask the community. A desperate person will probably shoot you an offer.

7 hours ago, herlock99 said:

So, if it's still appropriate, can I post my selling list? or does a mod still have my original message ? ANd do I really need to put a real definite price even though I don't know these toys value? 

Hey Herlock. If you hadn’t notice, @Sanity is Optional already included your original post in his reply. You just need to hit the ‘Reveal Hidden Content’ section of his reply. Within it is your original message.

As for the price, yes, sad to say, as per forum’s rule you have to. Since you don’t know the actual value, you can probably play around somewhere between the price you’re seeing it on eBay against the original MSRP price to the price you’re comfortable on selling it. If you’re still not sure, try to ask prices in this thread as @jenius pointed out on his reply. Better yet, recheck your email for any invoices that you paid the proxy company you used for the item amount. Or any paypal transaction. At this age, it’s really not hard to backtrack nor finding out prices.

Hope it works out well and good luck on your sale. :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

Now that this has been cleared up....

herlock99, please create a new thread with all the necessary information. Good luck on your sale.

If you are going to list your items for auction, those links go here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/13-where-to-buy-macross-auctions-amp-dealers-specials/

And no more commentary from the peanut gallery. Thank you.

• azrael locked this topic