Arcadia 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker Premium Finish

Shizuka the Cat

2 hours ago, kkx said:

I was told the costlier 3M version is thinner. Not sure by how much.

The one I have is thicker than paper. I will need to measure it to be sure, but it seems like about 0.1mm.

Not sure what Yamato use in their canopy, but from photo online of those that disintegrated, they look to be super thin. Like, cling film thin.

Honestly, Yamato probably used a coating rather than a film.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Honestly, Yamato probably used a coating rather than a film.

Most likely.

I wish there is a liquid bottle that we can buy and spray on.

i know what most do is use a method with a airbursh or mixing food coloring with the future floor polish. But my own testing with other models is they never come out as nice as the yamato effect, i belive a lot of it will be very trial and error however... ive never used the film before on aircraft models buuuut ive seen its a pain in the ass but comes out well if done right.

The only thing I find is this: https://www.dna-paints.com/shop/holographic-effects/holaspex/

Cost over $200 and will most likely be too aggressive for the canopy. Need multiple coating to provide a strong base before applying this.

But the effect looks legit if not exactly the same as Yamato's version:

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

About halfway through on my VE-1. :) Still need to work on all the attachment parts...

1436131970_VE-1PF10.thumb.jpg.fff41e126de3e866570ba48df4d88c78.jpg

2068903974_VE-1PF11.jpg.7718881f89eb4d574341fb77781b4602.jpg

I'm so glad Yamato/Arcadia didn't cheap out and gave us wings with hardpoints.

588832677_VE-1PF12.jpg.62a0437927d8eb631fa8953504ee81d5.jpg

In the land of unarmed Elintseekers, the one-gunpod'ed VE-1 is king. 8)

1315500214_VE-1PF09.thumb.jpg.558335837acdc1bfd130dfa64de492c9.jpg

there it is - the ultra premium finish VE-1! 

Fantastic job as always Sir!

Has anyone kit bashed the PF VT-1 with the PF Strike Parts from either Roy's/Hikaru's?

Yes... I know it doesn't exist, however one can imagine it right? :rolleyes:

Note: I might have to do a version with my HMR version and post it on that thread. 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just put mine on the Arcadia stand as well. I'm slightly irked that the stand adapter for the VE-1 is offset to one side, which means that the clamps don't match up properly on one side.

Use the Yeti adapter for VE-1. It's centered and uses the same size plug as Yamato/Arcadia adapters so it should work with the stand.

1520333115_VE-1yetiadapter.jpg.abdaeef7a171a6f22a8cf2cb45f5c18e.jpg

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

1977063014_VE-1PF16.jpg.4c085120b8a83509b48321869715c1a1.jpg

Gorgeous work as always, Lolicon... good enough for visual effects photography, even, were it not for that exposed screw head on the bottom.  There's gotta be something you could do about that.

41 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Good to know!

Nice work as usual on your VE-1 Super Lolicon PF!

Thanks and go grab that Yeti adapter! :D

38 minutes ago, tekering said:

Gorgeous work as always, Lolicon... good enough for visual effects photography, even, were it not for that exposed screw head on the bottom.  There's gotta be something you could do about that.

Haha I guess I could just paint over it so it matches the rest of the sensor unit. Curious why Arcadia didn't provide a screw cover for that. 

One more before it goes back on the Yeti stand (and also because I forgot to do a front shot anyway).

782707102_VE-1PF25.jpg.2ced8fda39a21f4c3da34b7db9b795fc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I was checking out my Elintseeker in my display case, and noticed the very obvious exposed screw on the antenna array. I dug through the box and discovered a tiny strip of stickers with round, grey stickers. Can I assume these are specifically included for covering exposed screws (btw, how many are there)? Or, are the stickers for something else?

thumbnail.jpg

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

• 1 year later...

Sorry for old thread necro. I'm moving and am packing up my robutts into their respective boxes, which means I've been trying off and on for two days to get the sensor array off of my Elintseeker's arm with no success. It's the last holdout on my Valks.* The side-to-side motion that got me through all my other Valks doesn't work with it because the rotation gimmick on the array means you're just moving the array and not the frame that's attached to the arm. Someone mentioned up thread using microtools, but I've been having trouble finding my set unfortunately - is that the best option? The frame fits so snugly onto the arm, I can't see even the finest of the tools I had getting inside. I can order another set off Amazon or something if that's the best option, though. Another person mentioned a hairdryer to loosen the plastic, I also have a heat gun but I'm worried that might be a little too strong and will damage the plastic.

*Well, aside from the Sv-262 but my hands are already mincemeat from transforming so many robots, every edge of that thing is a sharp point, and transforming that thing is a nightmare in general so it's just going to get buried in bubble wrap.

Use a spudger from Amazon (Which one exactly, I have no idea) and get underneath the clips where it clips onto the arms and lift it upwards carefully (without breaking it off). Once you get have enough space, then you can take it off.

The Yammie version also had the same issues of the clips connecting onto the arm like a clamp. 

Note: My copy of the 262 Hs has never left fighter mode with the slavos attached to it. 

Thank you! A spudger looks like what I'll need. The best I had was a pair of microtweezers from a Gundam assembly kit and they were utterly useless for the task. Foolishly I thought the Elintseeker would be an easy packing job since I always left it in fighter and instead it's taken the longest, haha.