Arcadia 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker Premium Finish

Shizuka the Cat

Preordered from HLJ

Finally Arcadia releases this, hope the Ostrich is close behind.  But overpriced at 250USD for 10 year old reissue compared to Bandai's DX VF-1J, I really don't enjoy this new PF trend. 

I'm getting it cause I never got the Yamato and second market scalper price can bite me, I've have a rule for myself of never paying more of 200USD for a 1/60 VF-1 unless it's a very rare one.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

1,969 JY price drop at amazon.jp. Woo hoo :lol:

YAY!

I love that Amazon.JP will retroactively apply any price drops on pre-orders to customers who that put their orders in before the price drop.

I don't think I have ever seen any other store do that.

It makes pre-ordering from AmazonJP pretty much regret-free... and you can still cancel if you want to.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks like Amazon Japan did a price drop, now ¥23,977 (for international buyers/without tax).

Grand total on my order is ¥25,117

This is why I think that Amazon JP is quite hard to beat.  All-in price with international delivery at 25k, plus they were one of the first people to send out the DX VF-1J orders before the new year, with DHL delivery speed.  I will likely go with them for all future POs if I can.

Edited by rdrunner

Despite the packaging issue a side, at least Amazon.jp shrink wraps the actual box onto the cardboard and prevents it from being tossed inside the coffin. :pardon:  

I agree that it could be done better.

Edit: Manda does shrink wrap larger sized boxes down before putting into a larger sized box for shipping.

Edited by borgified

On 1/23/2019 at 4:02 PM, Lolicon said:

Ah glad to see it's a general release and not a web exclusive. 

Got one from Amazon. Love the fast, cheap shipping. And don't forget that Amazon will price match. 

How are you guys getting cheap shipping from Amazon Japan?!? I'm in the US and can't seem to get anything shipped for under the cost of the item. Example: Item costs 7200 yen and shipping is 6800 yen. Something along these lines. 

10 minutes ago, Gabe Q said:

How are you guys getting cheap shipping from Amazon Japan?!? I'm in the US and can't seem to get anything shipped for under the cost of the item. Example: Item costs 7200 yen and shipping is 6800 yen. Something along these lines. 

Anything that's actually sold by or fulfilled by Amazon Japan is a flat 1200yen DHL shipping to the US.

3rd party sellers that ship themselves will charge you standard EMS/DHL/FedEx fees.

Use this link for the one sold by Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.jp/超時空要塞マクロス-愛・おぼえていますか-エリントシーカー-Premium-Finish/dp/B07MZ68RY9/

Edited by Sanity is Optional

9 minutes ago, Gabe Q said:

did you try adding the item to your AMAZON.JP cart?  try adding the VE-1 and let us know your results?

9 minutes ago, Gabe Q said:

Depends on:

-- what you're buying.

-- who exactly you are buying it from.  (amz direct vs marketplace/3rd-party).

-- how many you are actually buying.

On 1/25/2019 at 4:26 PM, 505thAirborne said:

The VE-1 only exists in DYRL and you see it for about 8 seconds. B))

On 1/25/2019 at 5:04 PM, treatment said:

Yup.

The TV-equivalent don't have FPs : http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/vefr-1.htm

On 1/25/2019 at 5:44 PM, no3Ljm said:

Not 8. Edited for yah. :rolleyes:

On 1/25/2019 at 5:46 PM, 505thAirborne said:

I was being to generous with the time I see. :lol:

Thanks for the clarification everyone!

19 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Call it a hunch but a VT-1 is most likely already in the works. B))

I really really hope so, since this is the one I've been wanting a second of since I got the original.  Getting a premium version would make it just that much sweeter.

Now I just need duty uniformed Hikaru and Misa to put in the cockpit. ^_^   You listening Arcadia?  The HMR beat you to it, but that doesn't mean you can't catch up!

On 1/24/2019 at 8:14 AM, anime52k8 said:

I don't really want to buy a $250 VE-1 when I already have one from the Yamato days, but the one I have is broken and I'd like to replace it. :mellow:

That's my issue with the old  VT-1D

Once crushed the canopy between my fingers, been dying to get a replacement