Arcadia 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker Premium Finish

Shizuka the Cat

10 minutes ago, brouken said:

Also, looking at the product pics, it seems Arcadia is not including the side covers for this release. Maybe its in the product description. I have yet to read through Arcadia's product page details.

So, on the Arcadia web page it says it comes with "形状補完パーツ" or "Shape Complementing Parts" (google translate). Going by the listings for the other VF-1s on their site, this seems to be how they list the neck cover and side fillers.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Funny thing, was looking at my old Elint Yammy, it has more than enough tampo prints to begin with. So justifying charging 25k for it is taking the p**s. Great for all the desperate peeps out there who missed out on the Yamato the first time around, but personally, as much as I love the Elint, I'll stick with my 'old' one. Good news, the Ostrich won't be far, after taking a fall whilst doing a photo shoot a few years back, I snapped off a 'few' pieces...(.like the entire back section :wacko:)

Don't think this out of the blue announcement has anything to do with the upcoming SV-51. More likely the fact that Bandai has just released a great 1/48. Arcadia need to move their butts with their 10 years old 1/60 V2 molds re-releases, at the rate they're going, we would've already gotten 2 or more DX 1/48s from Bandai vs 1 old 1/60 Arcadia re-release... Sure, they are a small company, but slightly greedy and as much as I support them, they need to up their game. These 'premium' finished pieces should've come as standard to begin with without any price hikes. Ever wondered if they were the ones who sold the V2 molds to that bootleg manufacturer....Unlikely, but it did cross my mind. They're finally starting to realise that they won't indefinitely be able to milk the good old V2s forever....

Anyway great news for all the Eb Elint 'seekers', your prayers have been answered. Hope they release a good amount to f'k up the 2nd hand scalpers market for a good while.....Rambling, my bad....

Premium finish = premium price = me no bite; besides, all my other Yamato/Arcadia VF-1s are standard versions and non DYRL, so this would look out of place and so, an easy pass.  Wake me up when they decide to offer up a regular edition sans price inflating frills that should've been there all along.

3 hours ago, Arkham said:

just PO'd from them and cancelled my Amazon JP, I know is more expensive by like 2500 yen but at least I know 100% I will have the  Valk secure and will be delivered to me in perfect shape, not downplaying Amazon JP but like I mentioned in past post I never ordered from them and I hear some scary stories about the packaging and also I just can't risk this purchase for such amount money, in the end also is way cheaper like 200% to 100% less  than those prices of the Yamato V2 found in Ebay ;)  

1 hour ago, Ridden001 said:

LOL.  I literally just laughed out loud at the airport because of that response.

Hehe to be fair, amazon.jp boxes are pretty flimsy.

If it was shipping via SAL I would opt for AmiAmi but Amazon ships via DHL so should be fine. 

8 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Hehe to be fair, amazon.jp boxes are pretty flimsy.

If it was shipping via SAL I would opt for AmiAmi but Amazon ships via DHL so should be fine. 

They're talking about the fact that all the Arcadia PF releases come in a plain black box with plain white text, and no graphics to speak of, as opposed to something that actually tries to show off the product, or has an opening cover flap. :lol: 

Wow, this was out of left field. With no announcement of a standard release to go with it I wonder if everything is just going to be premium finish for all future re-releases. It's better than nothing so I'm still getting it but I would have preferred to get a standard version to keep it consistent with the rest of my collection.

This announcement is really a sigh of relief. There has been so little news of any re-release (actually Macross in general) from Arcadia that I thought that they had abandoned them. While the Bandai DX may be the new standard for VF toys my entire collection is 1/60 or 1/100 so I have no desire to jump into another scale.

Scored one from AMZ-JP as well. I'm not a Prime member, so it was 26941yen  shipped. Still cheaper than ebay for a toy I've been wanting for some time. Happy I checked the forums when I did.

1 minute ago, M'Kyuun said:

Scored one from AMZ-JP as well. I'm not a Prime member, so it was 26941yen  shipped. Still cheaper than ebay for a toy I've been wanting for some time. Happy I checked the forums when I did.

You saved 59¥ from what i paid.

21 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I figure they might just be going pure premium release so as to not compete with themselves, like they ended up doing with the Max&Milia releases. Especially with Bandai now making VF-1 figures as well.

I would hope so.  If 5000~ yen is the cost to have them make the toy right the first time, then so be it.  It's a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.

I already pre-ordered from Amazon.jp and keeping it as I usually go to Amiami.

These are the stright up valks that I'm listing from Arcadia on the secondary market.

Strike Roy's and Hikaru's are asking 30k yen, Max is 25k yen and Miria is 18k yen on Manda. Amiami had Miria for roughly 19k yen (from 23k yen?) and Max has a back order at roughly the same price as his wife's valk (also from 23k yen?).

25k-ish yen for the PE VE-1 is still steep for myself and others as well who are watching their finances, however it beats the guess work of hunting down one if you regret missing out on the pre-orders months later and sold out (if it goes quickly).

Or if one doesn't like it after getting it, then the other options is the For Sales thread. :D

41 minutes ago, Pulltoeject said:

I can't seem to secure a preorder for the ve-1 at hlj thru my phone, it sends me direct to pay for it (I have a paypal account). Should I try from a pc ? 

Supposedly I should get charged when the iten is out for release , right ??

With a credit card you pay for it when it releases, with paypal it might be different. IIRC at one point they had a paypal billing agreement?

53 minutes ago, Pulltoeject said:

I can't seem to secure a preorder for the ve-1 at hlj thru my phone, it sends me direct to pay for it (I have a paypal account). Should I try from a pc ? 

Supposedly I should get charged when the iten is out for release , right ??

double check your order,  they might direct you to paypal so you can agree to the billing agreement,  

Can't find the billing agreement on hlj. I usually deposit money transfer money into my paypal account when I get the payment request from them. Had no trouble preordering from them in the past, last purchase was the arcadia max, but that was a while ago, no idea what's with my account though....

What no standard release? I knew when they started doing the pf versions that it was a stealth price increase. This 10 year old mold has increased price twice now. Charging that much for tampo which it should already have. I'm really finding it hard to keep supporting Arcadia when they do cash grab tactics like this.

31 minutes ago, Pulltoeject said:

Can't find the billing agreement on hlj. I usually deposit money transfer money into my paypal account when I get the payment request from them. Had no trouble preordering from them in the past, last purchase was the arcadia max, but that was a while ago, no idea what's with my account though....

The billing agreement appears on the paypal site after you log in.  They changed the way it works and it totally screwed with me the first time I went through the process too.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You forgot to mention what country so I just used USA as a basis using Nippon-Yasan's Shipping Calculator:

1616914544_ScreenShot2019-01-24.jpg.2ef58266e9d3563176f4e2ac4d2b3f19.jpg

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Don't use NY's shipping calculator, they overcharge considerably compared to the actual postal services/companies.

It's true that they overcharge. But using their shipping calculator gives the customers a good idea on how much they need to pay depending on which shipping method they choose.

Seeing that the EMS in that NY calculator shows Y4500, it's safe to assume that the weight of the said item is 2kg. And I verified the same info via JapanPost's website: https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/ems2_en.html

Using JapanPost website for a 2kg package bound to North America:

EMS: Y4500 - https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/ems2_en.html

Economy SAL: Y3850 - https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/parcel3_en.html#

Airmail: Y5050 - https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/parcel3_en.html# 

I cross-checked the same weight en-route to America with AmiAmi: https://www.amiami.com/eng/payment-shipping/

EMS: Y4500

SAL Parcel: Y3850

I also checked CDJapan's Shipping Calculator to America with the recent Arcadia's 1/60 VF-1J Max since they might share the same weight and dimension box for the VE-1 just to have a sense on how the shipping costs differs from other online stores: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-249730?s_ssid=e47f765c4a8ca1b507

EMS: Y5200

Economoy SAL: Y6500

Dewpoint posted the CDJapan's link for the VE-1 on the next page so here's the price using its Shipping Calculator: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-320836

EMS: Y4100

Economy SAL: Y5010

Seeing the cost above for the Economy SAL, Nippon-Yasan 'sand AmiAmi's price is more in-line with JapanPost's SAL pricing. Since the shipping cost varies from one store to another, there's no guarantee what's the exact amount until this shops email us for additional fees and whatnot. But they do help the customers to decide which shipping method to use. And at the end of the day even if Nippon-Yasan do overcharge, if anyone decided on preordering it from them, then we are basically bound to pay whatever the shipping cost they showed us on that calculator.

Hope that helps. ^_^ 

Edit: I want to add that based on member's post here regarding Amazon's shipping cost, I think ordering from them is the practical choice at Y1200 using DHL. However, do note that we don't have any feedback yet on how's their customer service for broken parts, missing parts, or with dented box. So take it with a grain of salt.

2nd Edit: Since Dewpoint posted the CDJapan link for the VE-1, I checked its Shipping Calculator to US and added the cost above.

Edited by no3Ljm