Gen:Lock from Rooster Teeth

Mazinger

I wonder if Battletech (currently in the Dark Age era) will make those Aerotech VTOLs legal? So it's a basically EVA, Jaegars and the evil dude from Big Hero Six (or at least his bits)? *shrug* more please?

Seemed like it was going to be more serious than RWBY until the girl and the professor started talking- same vibe, different dressing. I'd kinda like it to be more serious, but I really enjoy RWBY, so I'll give it a chance. Mechanical design is fair- no new ground being broken thus far, but it's still mecha, so I'm interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally watched the first episode (you need to be a member to watch the second).

I'll start with this: I absolutely hate this animation style... hate it... but the dogfights looked pretty good (except for g-forces apparently not being a thing and stray gunfire not taking down buildings...).

With that out of the way, I actually thought that the writing was pretty good. The story was decent, and is admittedly the type of storytelling I tend to enjoy. There were flaws, and I have my nitpicks, but overall I enjoyed it. The dialogue was actually a lot better than I was expecting.

As for the mecha designs, I liked them. I thought they looked pretty cool and are nicely designed (especially the fighters, enemy mecha, and enemy soldiers). I agree that the designs are nothing groundbreaking and we've seen plenty of similar before, but I think that's largely because these types of designs have that "realistic believable" scifi look to them.

Let's not forget the most important thing:

David Tennant!

Yeah, I'm on board.

Edited by RavenHawk
Grammar is hard... so is proofreading.

I got thru both eps (thank you VrV), loved Tennant in the second ep. He works well as the semi-crazy scientist. I'm not sure on the OverWatch mech squad they have assembled, but hopefully that will flush out as the series goes on.