How te tell the difference between 1/48 Yamato VF-1 V1 and V2??

sqidd

How to tell the difference between 1/48 Yamato VF-1 V1 and V2??

VF-1S Fokker for instance. Or the one packaged with S&S parts. Do the boxes look different? Is there a way of telling by any other means?

What version are these in the pictures?

Thanks!

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

There are differences for the old folks still on the forum. Box difference with Velcro and alignment of the skulls on the tail fins for example. Check with Jenius. I know there are at least 4 Versions of the 1/48 with the latest one having a different box all together. You can also  do a search if its on the new archives or lost in the old system. 

I’m guessing the latter box in this picture row is the latter release. Photos from Jenius’ Anymoon site.

Yamato-148-VF1-1.jpg

Yamato-148-VF1-2.jpg

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=178

Yamato packaged their first ultra premium toy in fighter mode, fully splayed, which required a fairly large box.  The large box has a collector’s style flip top lid and an inner cardboard tray with the instructions and stickers smuggled in behind.  The original releases (Hikaru VF-1A, Max VF-1A, Focker VF-1S) were simple black boxes with text indicating the toy inside.  You can generally tell the first releases from later ones by Velcro on the corner of the box that holds the collector’s lid down (although there are some exceptions, the super gift-sets and the first LowVis toy also had Velcro).  The latest releases, the Macross Chronicles VF-1A toys come in finished corrugated cardboard boxes without a flip-top collector’s lid.  All toys came with some thin plastic protector pieces usually around the nose of the plane (if you’re buying a toy second hand it’s a safe bet the protective insert pieces will be missing but it never seemed to me that they accomplished much).

I thought the physical dead giveaway was the addition of 2 tabs in the nosecone to prevent it falling off

what I'm not sure about is if the flaps were fixed in position on later models

Edit: It seems the mastercard(?) specials are missing in that list?

Edited by Nightbat

21 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

What's happening here? :unknw:

The record-keeping on valk toy history is inspiring! 

Well thats what my thumbs up were for anyway!:D

Oh unless you thought i gave 2 thumbs up for the downvotes? 

I guess its good i mentioned what the thumbs up is then! :p

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, Nightbat said:

I thought the physical dead giveaway was the addition of 2 tabs in the nosecone to prevent it falling off

what I'm not sure about is if the flaps were fixed in position on later models

Edit: It seems the mastercard(?) specials are missing in that list?

I don't think I've ever seen a picture of the box.

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

The record-keeping on valk toy history is inspiring! 

Well thats what my thumbs up were for anyway!:D

Oh unless you thought i gave 2 thumbs up for the downvotes? 

I guess its good i mentioned what the thumbs up is then! :p

Anyone who uses the up/downvote should claim it like this. I ignore them since they are anonymous but it is pretty funny.   

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

What's happening here? :unknw:

Your guess is as good as mine, sir. I just helped out on the OP question and I still get a downvote. Funny, but it still feel weird. :unknw:

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Anyone who uses the up/downvote should claim it like this. I ignore them since they are anonymous but it is pretty funny.   

That’s a good suggestion. ;) But do you think that my anonymous downvoter follower have what it takes to own it or claim it? :pardon:

22 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Your guess is as good as mine, sir. I just helped out on the OP question and I still get a downvote. Funny, but it still feel weird. :unknw:

That’s a good suggestion. ;) But do you think that my anonymous downvoter follower have what it takes to own it or claim it? :pardon:

No idea, I get a lot of random downvotes too and pretty much just chuckle about it. I tried to make a post about it in the feedback section for owners to fix the feature but I don't think anyone was paying attention.