• 1 month later...

The hype must flow!

More seriously, I'm loving what I've seen from Part 1 and this trailer, and it makes me wish that this were a trilogy movie covering the first book.  There's an awful lot of plot to jam home in this single movie, and it'll take a deft touch to keep true to the novel without being one info dump after another.

10 hours ago, technoblue said:

Sweet. B))

I don’t get out to see too many films at the cinema anymore, but Dune is one of the few where I make an exception. Starting the countdown to November. 

Someone once mentioned an IMAX double-bill and I'd be SO down for that!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Old_Nash_II said:

image.png.0b1b3f839e5df37be8a4ba0f6593a77a.png

So, am I going to eat popcorn or train for a prostate exam?

Hopefully you’re prostate exam doesn’t turn out like the famous Brock Samson “I’d kill for a cigarette” scene 

I'm still surprised by the lack of mass retail collectables for these 2 films. Asides the gummy McFarlane figures and the Lego wallet bruising set, there isn't anything else. Looks like they're not aiming for younger or collector audiences? The lack of miniatures both in diecast and plastic is rather baffling, especially how brands like hotwheels is milking licenses on that turf.

59 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

I'm still surprised by the lack of mass retail collectables for these 2 films. Asides the gummy McFarlane figures and the Lego wallet bruising set, there isn't anything else. Looks like they're not aiming for younger or collector audiences? The lack of miniatures both in diecast and plastic is rather baffling, especially how brands like hotwheels is milking licenses on that turf.

Meanwhile the "critically acclaimed" Rebel Moon gets a set of SHF figures. :lol:

I think there have been a couple of props of the Fremen shivs and such.

6 hours ago, Scyla said:

Meanwhile the "critically acclaimed" Rebel Moon gets a set of SHF figures. :lol:

Without a doubt after the film aired, Bandai lawyers stayed up late trying to figure how to cancel the deal... 🤣

9 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

There’s also a few little model kits