What Is The Difference Between These Two, If Any?

sqidd

I haven't been into this in almost 10 yrs now and I want to start building a small collection. So, I'm starting with my favorite. I was looking at these online last night and I can't tell if they're the same thing but different packaging. Or different. Are they the same? If not, which one is better?

Thanks for your help!

Yamato 1.jpg

Yamato 2.jpg

37 minutes ago, enphily said:

Second is better. Use anymoon.com for info about all releases

Thanks for the reply.

What would you consider the best version/release of the VF-1S with Super & Strike parts to be?

Thanks!

I asked that too soon. I needed to read a bit more. Am I correct that it looks like the Bandai DX VF-1 is the top dog right now as far as VF-1's go? I'm not seeing a Vf-S Focker w/ S&S parts though. Is the only one they released the VF-1J Hikaru so far?

If so, are there any plans for a VF-1S?

If there are no plans my question from the post above still stands. What is considered the best VF-1S w/ S&S parts out there?

Thanks!

If money is no object, then have a look at Arcadia’s premium finish focker for the ultimate tampo printed 1/60 valk. 

bandai’s new DX is at a larger 1/48 scale, so you might want to take that into consideration if you are still collecting. 

Since it’s new, the focus is on Hikaru, but expectation is that Focker will also be in the pipeline.

Edited by seti88
Sorry I still spell focker as fokker. Blame it on the rain.

1 minute ago, kajnrig said:

Would I be right to say that the first pic is the Yamato 1/60 V1, and the second pic is the Yamato 1/60 V2?

Negative. First pic if first V2 release, second pic is anniversary release with fixed shoulders and flashlight.

Just now, kajnrig said:

Would I be right to say that the first pic is the Yamato 1/60 V1, and the second pic is the Yamato 1/60 V2?

And the second pic comes with a small pen light the projects the skull logo with keychain.

13 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

i hope we don't start getting political in this place...

I’m not. It was a pure coincidence when I replied with that GIF to Seti regarding with the downvoting that’s going on with all of my posts. And then after that I saw the news late last night so I know what you meant. ^_^

Peace. :good:

• 3 months later...

Not sure where is the right place to ask this, so hopefully it is not too upsetting for me to hijack this thread.

I am confused by the box art in this item, don't remember seeing it anywhere and nothing on  Anymoon.com.

Anyone know? Is this a knock off?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-60-Perfect-Transform-Vf-1A-Ichijo-Koukai-Super-Space-Time-Fortress-Macross-/372650604223?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10