Ordering from Mandrake

optimuspint

Mandarake is awesome! My collection grew significantly since I know them. My only comment is that they ship sal parcel or ems now for dx chogokin. I bought several dx chogokin before using sal small packet and the shipping price was much more reasonable.  

23 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I've ordered more stuff from Mandarake than any other shop in Japan. Love visiting their stores in person too. They're a toy-loving nerd's heaven.

I visited Akihabara, Shibuya & Nakano. It's a must if you are in Tokyo. 

Nothing but excellent buying experiences with Mandarake. Would buy again. :)

Depending on where you live I wouldn't choose DHL Express shipping since in my country they will on their own collect the sales tax and custom fees. The also overestimate the value of the items in the package as well as adding a hefty handling fee. This is not an issue with Mandarake but it is the only time this happened to me when ordering from them (the other places I usually order form only offer EMS shipping). I'm not against paying my taxes but what DHL does is highway robbery.

5 hours ago, Scyla said:

Depending on where you live I wouldn't choose DHL Express shipping since in my country they will on their own collect the sales tax and custom fees. The also overestimate the value of the items in the package as well as adding a hefty handling fee. This is not an issue with Mandarake but it is the only time this happened to me when ordering from them (the other places I usually order form only offer EMS shipping). I'm not against paying my taxes but what DHL does is highway robbery.

Ditto! Don't fall for the 1/2 price DHL promo. Same with Jlists' EMS promo. Just be patient and use registered sal/salparcel. I purchased an artbook and the customs ( using the promo of DHL) charged me the same cost for taxes as the product costing me like buying another artbook when it was delivered to my home.

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Just arrived from Mandarake Via DHL, the attention to detail in making sure my book arrived safely was top notch! B))

IMG_2789.JPG

Oh man Project A-ko! That's pretty old school right there. :lol:

Been to almost every Mandarake store in Japan during my travels. Wish we had something like it in the States. 

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Just arrived from Mandarake Via DHL, the attention to detail in making sure my book arrived safely was top notch! B))

IMG_2789.JPG

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Oh man Project A-ko! That's pretty old school right there. :lol:

Been to almost every Mandarake store in Japan during my travels. Wish we had something like it in the States. 

Haha yeah! I was thinking about breaking out my Project A-Ko DVDs recently. Haven’t watched those in a while. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 3:38 PM, Scyla said:

If you don’t mind me asking where are you located? I’ve ordered from Mandarake in the past and done ems before but I was planning to order and ship with Dhl this next time around as lately they’ve been so much better and gotten faster as well. I live in the us and even in the past month had no issues shipping dhl from amiami. 

On 12/18/2018 at 8:41 PM, fenrir72 said:

Ditto! Don't fall for the 1/2 price DHL promo. Same with Jlists' EMS promo. Just be patient and use registered sal/salparcel. I purchased an artbook and the customs ( using the promo of DHL) charged me the same cost for taxes as the product costing me like buying another artbook when it was delivered to my home.

What’s the half price dhl promo for Mandarake? Are you in the us?