Yamato 1/48 Valkyries

Felix

I hate to do this to you, Kev,  but I'm gonna have to have Blaine do the old voodoo on you...

Blaine, just sign for the chickens when they get there...

:ph34r:

j/k  :p

I'm still chuckling over my other big voodoo non-success in predicting that the "big mystery secret" would be either a 1/48 Canon Fodder 1A or M&M 1J's. Well, it wasn't the big mystery secret... but my voodoo is still strong!

Y'all had best learn not to mess with me and my chickens. Jobu don't take no prisoners.

As for sabotaging Kev's next order w/ my voodoo chicken sacrifice... I think he might come after me and leave me worse off than the chicken... so I'll hold off for now!

Still... if Kev wanted to take "damaged box" preorders on the M&M's... he could sign me up today! I swear, this time, no voodoo!

Well you could just get ;) Kentucky Fried Chicken.

they will be colored in the mold, not painted Worked great with the 1/60's, so why not on the 1/48?

(if you mean the FP's: they are 2 -actually more- parts)

those colored canopies look great btw, they could/should've done that to the 1/60's

Edited by Nightbat®

Wow...well..I guess no big suprise....but the cost point is going to be rough...if they do what they did in the 1/60 line the only thing really left is the CF....unless they resculpt and do the double cockpit..then that opens up the D, Elint, and Ostrich...wonder if they will go that far....Im happy...but not ecstatic...to expensive, and too quick...Im more interested in the QRau and the 1/60 GBP right now...

Chances of 1/48 two seaters are very slim.

Graham

Without doing a formal survey, i think 2 seater Valks in the 1/48 scale would sell well. I know i would grab pick up at least 1 of each. i wonder why Yamato does not consider this? perhaps the 1/60's 2 seaters did not sell well?

anyone know ? :unsure:

If you guys remember when the prototypes of the Max and Millia 1/60s were shown, the blue on the Max looked a bit bright too... Then the production model was released, and everyone was pretty happy with the final color... I bet the same thing will happen here.... I hope. :unsure:

I hope these guys are available without the FPs... Man $185 a pop is steep... but if that is the only way they come, then I guess my tax returns will have to be multi-purpose this year! :lol:

I don't really see why they should base the popularity of the 2 seaters or any 1/60s that came out after the 1/48s were released. A lot of people stopped investing on the 1/60s when they saw the 1/48s and decided they would take the chance on waiting for a larger version. And besides the 1/60 2 seaters were crap.

It kinda scares me that if the GBP doesn't do well in the 1/60 scale then they will decide not to release it in 1/48. When the 1/48 is more deserving of the armor.

EDIT: That's right! I said it's MORE deserving!!! ha!

Edited by >EXO<

That Miria 1/48 looks really nice. Very tempting....I'd have to do some serious ebay selling or maybe sell the 1/48 Max VF-1A I just bought lol or my low viz 1/48..... I'm trying to pay off some credit cards so I really don't want to dip into my personal funds.

The Max looks good too. The light blue is alright I guess. I'd consider buying it if there is a version without the fast packs. I doubt that will happen though.

CRAP, CRAP, and Triple CRAP...

Having in my possession all the 1/72's and 1/60's, I successfully kept my urges at bay for the 1/48's...

and now, Yamato is cranking them 1/48's out like mad...

sigh... :(

All this resisting is draining me like Kryptonite but yet, I keep reminding myself of the price and the fact that it's the SAME VF-1 series I already own, just bigger...

Yea, the 1/60's not as sexy or swank as the 1/48's, but I love em and jee golly, I'm sticking with them...

(Promise subject to change if I hit the lotto jackpot, which in that case, ALL YOU 1/48's ARE MINE!!!)

so now we have these items from yamato in the next couple of months......

1. q-rau

2. 1/60 gbp

3. 1/60 gbp+1J

4. 1/48 fp max

5. 1/48 fp millia

i can't breadth......... :ph34r:

argh, already preordered the 1/60 gbp, i am trying not to preorder the

q-rau and the 1/48 M&Ms... all this MACROSS these past few years is great!

but not great on the wallet!

gotta hold out for the yf-19fp...

gotta resist

i was so tempted by VE's dinged box sale to get a Hikaru 1S, but

now the M&Ms are coming....

must resist...

gotta put a new roof on the house this spring...

must resist...

they do look awesome!

must resist...

If Yamato releases a VF-1A TV Max in 1/48, then I will immediately preorder that, but

as for the current stuff,

must resist...

gotta get that yf-19fp

must resist...

running out of room for valks...

maybe i can redo a room in the basement?

must resist...

:lol:

I just got rid of some viruses myself. Guys check your PC for viruses, they are always running in the background, slowing averything down until you come to a stop. That was me last week. :(

The color on the Max is indeed to light, hopefully they'll fix that b4 production. :(

ViC!

I just got rid of some viruses myself. Guys check your PC for viruses, they are always running in the background, slowing averything down until you come to a stop. That was me last week. :(

The color on the Max is indeed to light, hopefully they'll fix that b4 production.  :(

ViC!

At least one didn't fry your poor hard drive. I lost about 2.2 gigs to something I COULDN'T find..... Norton, McAffe... tried 'em all...

On topic: If I can find a place where I hird 400 dollars, I'll get 'em.

Edited by GreenGuy42

When I look at those pictures closely it appears to me that the lighting probably has skewed the colors pretty far off, look at the booster and the head lasers, they look gold. I would imagine that under normal light or in your hands they look darker. All I know is that I am giddy :) I can't wait to get mine! :)

This is gonna be another great year for Macross fans, At the very least we have the Armored 1J, Q Rau, 1/48 M&M's and I would be shocked unless they have ditched it altogether, if we don't see the Monster later on this year. Good stuff :)

Keep up the good work Yamato!

I just can't wait for the die-hards to sell their multiple 1/60s at discounted prices to poor fools like me so they can afford the 1/48s......BRING 'EM ON!!

**as wife says, "Bring what on?", over my shoulder** :blink:

.....Nothing, dear..... ;)

I´m keeping all of my 1/60 valks! :D

I´m a maniac when it comes to scale. Have every valk that came out in 1/60 and already preordered two sets of the GBP and the Q-Rau with Kevin. Will also get the Monster (and please Yamato iron out other destroids or enemy mecha!). The 1/48 line won´t be that complete :( .

The 1/60 line will be the most complete out there.

My Fast Pack 1/48 Hikaru VF 1A in "perched mode" (half gerwalk for those who wonder) and the Hikaru VF 1S Strike or Fokker Strike (I´m still debating which one to get) are enough to fix my 1/48 needs.

I´ll be passing the M&M, still like the proportions of the 1/60´s better, guess I´m in the minority.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!

I'm also of the same mind-set.......and it's not because I'm VERY FAR from wealthy. :huh:

The 1/60s have the most examples and will hopefully continue on and on and on.....

Whereas I would love to have one 1/48, I would rather continue to attain what most of you already have.... A LOT of 1/60s!!

I just can't wait for the die-hards to sell their multiple 1/60s at discounted prices to poor fools like me so they can afford the 1/48s......

You mean like I'm doing with my 1/55s?

Sorry. Shameless plug. :rolleyes:

H

Whereas I would love to have one 1/48, I would rather continue to attain what most of you already have.... A LOT of 1/60s!!

Sooner or later you´ll have the 1/60´s even the 1/48´s. Believe me it will happen.

Yeah, I hope to get a majority of the 1/60s and maybe 1/48 at some point.......

but speaking of lotsa diff'rent 1/60's.....

Wouldn't mind seein' a 1/60 version of your avatar...a trusty NOUSJADEUL-GER

That makes me think of a topic.......................

If and when Elints go on sale, I'll snatch one up.

Sooner or later you´ll have the 1/60´s even the 1/48´s. Believe me it will happen.

Yeah, I hope to get a majority of the 1/60s and maybe 1/48 at some point.......

but speaking of lotsa diff'rent 1/60's.....

Wouldn't mind seein' a 1/60 version of your avatar...a trusty NOUSJADEUL-GER

That makes me think of a topic.......................

hey GC, want a 1/60 SVF-1J Hikaru? it's already Decaled and everything, the only thing it's missing is it's heatshield though.

Talking about 1/60's. Can anybody tell me if Yamato plans on release a green Q-rau?

This thread is getting off topic but I remember hearing a while back that Yamato plans on releasing the Q-Rau in Red (Milia), Blue (Max) and Purple (General DYRL).

It's so odd b/c Yamato doesn't seem to like TV colors (which is fine with me cause DYRL is supposed to be the visual definition anyway right?) and yet they release the M&M VF-1Js in TV colors... :blink: (at least I related this post back to the subject!)

I'd like to at least see them release the purple one so you can have an army of Q-Rau's led by Milia...(army as in like 2 since I can only afford so much).

I can't stand it in that lipstick red scheme. It's a killing machine for crissakes!!!

Ya think a lot of United Army pilots were laughin at Milia's Q-Rau's color before they got popped? :lol:

Everyone knows a red version of anything is just bad ass! At least since Millia got her wings.

I can't believe Yamato is actually making these! These are my favorite Valkyries (besides any VF-1S). I'm already in the hole with my Credit Card, and I just finished my reissue Valkyrie Collection (need one more Gun Clip though).

And I wanted the Hikaru VF-1S, Fast Pack VF-1J, and QRau too! ;) I don't know how you guys afford all this. Though it doesn't help that I collect Transformers and G.I. Joes too. :(

Well I'll definetly have to get these (I only got the Roy VF-1S 1/48th so far). How come these Valkyries are so expensive (with very little diecast) while Masterpiece Convoy (who has tons of diecast and is taller) is nearly half the price? :blink:

I guess so long as people buy them at that price they'll keep selling them at that price.

Randy

Edited by Powered Convoy

I'm not selling the 1/60, they are to hard to part with. Mine are opened, but in the boxes right know. The only one sealed is Miria, and I think I'm going to keep it that way for the time being. It would be really hard to decide if I ever decide to part with them,

ViC!

Well I'll definetly have to get these (I only got the Roy VF-1S 1/48th so far). How come these Valkyries are so expensive (with very little diecast) while Masterpiece Convoy (who has tons of diecast and is taller) is nearly half the price? :blink:

I guess so long as people buy them at that price they'll keep selling them at that price.

Randy

The reason is: Transformers are way more popular that Macross. That way product costs are reduced(more people would buy the product)

ViC!

ugh!!! I suppose that it would just KILL the folks at Yamato to release Max and Milia in TV colored A-types FOR ONCE!!! Why is is that everyone is so partial to the -J's...? They're friggin' FUGLY IMO. 'Sides, all of the real ass-kickin' on Max's part in the series was done in his -A, and everyone knows it. When I saw that Hikaru's -J was released with those special hands specifically so that one could pose it like the T.V. intro, I got really excited that perhaps Yamato was comitted to re-creating T.V. scenes... alas no. <_< I'll wait a bit longer... It's gotta happen eventually, right?