Finally watched the last movie and can sum it up as needing to dump all or at least most of the psuedo religous/mythical mumbo jumbo and instead have focused on the character arcs.  The constant barrage of gibberish only distracted from what would have been a great ending.  The bits between Shinji and his father were well done.  The time in the village was well done too.

The final scene was well done too, going from animation to live action, or at least from an animated scene to the real location it was animated from.

On 10/15/2021 at 2:42 PM, sqidd said:

Got notification that BBTS shipped my ThreeZero Unit 01 and 02 as well as the Robot Spirits 02a today.

Nice! Let me know what you think of the Robot Spirits 02a. I am waiting for other figures to come in before shipping mine. 

The Robot Spirits Unit 02a is pretty good. You can aaaaalllllmost get it to balance without the stand. But I fear just the slightest jossel would knock it over so I pulled a clear stand out to replace the red one it came with (yuck, red?). Good figure, standard Robot Spirits quality. I'm glad I got it.

IMG_9552.JPG.7fa10dc7819e8ecacf1758186513b75f.JPG

IMG_9553.JPG.d8b41d676be33adc4b8c49525c659bec.JPG

IMG_9554.JPG.2a70ce6ac4f25686776e50e304784468.JPG

IMG_9555.JPG.a8fc1f3cfd6668f4552fdf218b793fbe.JPG

Someone mentioned the NA release for the blu-rays were sold out, a few pages ago. 

In case others are still looking,  there's pre orders remaining on https://www.rightstufanime.com/category/Blu~ray?keywords=Evangelion

(Someone please update if/ when they sell out).

If you change search criteria, this merchant will sometimes have figures available to purchase as well. 

I had preordered (then canceled) a reissue gx-71 with them.  No extra charges. Really easy to work with. 

And you get discount coupons in the mail from time to time. 

(No I don't work for them) but in another life, I wish I owned a store like theirs. 

2 hours ago, f-valk said:

Someone mentioned the NA release for the blu-rays were sold out, a few pages ago. 

In case others are still looking,  there's pre orders remaining on https://www.rightstufanime.com/category/Blu~ray?keywords=Evangelion

(Someone please update if/ when they sell out).

If you change search criteria, this merchant will sometimes have figures available to purchase as well. 

I had preordered (then canceled) a reissue gx-71 with them.  No extra charges. Really easy to work with. 

And you get discount coupons in the mail from time to time. 

(No I don't work for them) but in another life, I wish I owned a store like theirs. 

Still no release for the new movie?

None for the last Rebuild movie.  I don't know that Funimation has NA rights remaining. 

A quick n dirty AJ search does not list the 3.0 + 1.0 movie.  Maybe our Japan- based friends know more the home- release status for that movie?

In a not so related news,  my hlj package finally reached u.s. soil. Surface delivery was from Aug 17 - Oct 23 just to get to New Jersey(?). I'm in Cali, so I am unsure what sea route the delivery took. 

Why I post here is because this is 1 of the items. 

https://www.hlj.com/electroys-eva-unit-01-gatling-fan-real-tokyo-iii-ver-tps61602

Screenshot_20211023-171423_Opera.jpg.ba4feb0dc82f09912ac500f76bd6f6af.jpg

I got it as a gag gift for my brother.  Did any one else here get it and like it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...