15 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Well I just got Kaiyodo's Euro-II Heurtebise Revoltech and seriously, frakk Kaiyodo and frakk their Revoltech line. I was was expecting this thing to be kinda sub-par, but I was not expecting for multiple parts to break the first time I tried to put it together out of the box. ugh.

Oh hello, me with the transforming VF-1J from several years ago.

Yeah, Revoltech are either solid as a brick or complete shambles in my experience. It's why I've never seriously collected any of them. Sometimes they just get too ambitious and put too much trust in those poor ratcheting joints of theirs.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 2:24 AM, no3Ljm said:

Meng Model Mecha-004M Eva New 02a
Y16000

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

oh god damn it now I have to buy one of these models; at least this time the head sculpt looks good. (this is the same scale as their other ones, right?)

Edited by anime52k8

On 2/6/2023 at 5:54 PM, anime52k8 said:

oh god damn it now I have to buy one of these models; at least this time the head sculpt looks good. (this is the same scale as their other ones, right?)

Yes sir. That is correct. :good: 

http://www.meng-model.com/en/contents/59/566.html

Edited by no3Ljm

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished the Figure-Rise Labo Asuka. Super easy build, the toughest thing was the seam line at the elbows but that one is optional. I left the clear orange parts stock as it was the main gimmick of this kit. 

Figure-Rise Labo Shikinami Asuka Langley Figure-Rise Labo Shikinami Asuka Langley Figure-Rise Labo Shikinami Asuka Langley Figure-Rise Labo Shikinami Asuka Langley Figure-Rise Labo Shikinami Asuka Langley

I like that this kit can hang with the other Asuka statues I have. I feel like that is where Plamax is failing with those kits that just got announced. 

Figure-Rise Labo Shikinami Asuka Langley

Edited by anubis20

Yep, it's a nice sizable kit, that's for sure. What scale are those Plamax kits you talked about? Are they 1/20 like their other Minimum Factory kits? Or IIRC they launched a line of larger-scale kits, like 1/8 or 1/7. I've been hoping and hoping that they scale those MinFact kits up, but alas... And given the cost of materials and production, they could probably bump it up to 1/4 and still sell for a nice profit. If only....

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Finished the Figure-Rise Labo Asuka. Super easy build, the toughest thing was the seam line at the elbows but that one is optional. I left the clear orange parts stock as it was the main gimmick of this kit. 

Figure-Rise Labo Shikinami Asuka Langley Figure-Rise Labo Shikinami Asuka Langley Figure-Rise Labo Shikinami Asuka Langley Figure-Rise Labo Shikinami Asuka Langley Figure-Rise Labo Shikinami Asuka Langley

I like that this kit can hang with the other Asuka statues I have. I feel like that is where Plamax is failing with those kits that just got announced. 

Figure-Rise Labo Shikinami Asuka Langley

Love it @anubis20! Your skill is awesome! :wub: :good: 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Taking a break from Gunpla to take some pics of a bunch of PVC statues that I have boxed up. First up is the Alter Rei Ayanami Millennials Illust Ver. I am more of an Asuka fan but this is a top tier figure IMO. 

Alter Rei Ayanami Millennials Illustration Ver.

Edited by anubis20

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...