• 2 weeks later...

RG Eva01 that has been done since February 😅 My first RG kit and I am hooked onto the EVA RG line but the shoulder pylons suck and get in the way of the articulation. Also the gimmick of the moving forearm armor by twisting the hands died on me pretty fast. The hands are made of this soft plastic and the tabs just sheared off. 

RG Eva 01

RG Eva 01

RG Eva 01

RG Eva 01

RG Eva 01

RG Eva 01

RG Eva 01

36 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

RG Eva01 that has been done since February 😅 My first RG kit and I am hooked onto the EVA RG line but the shoulder pylons suck and get in the way of the articulation. Also the gimmick of the moving forearm armor by twisting the hands died on me pretty fast. The hands are made of this soft plastic and the tabs just sheared off. 

RG Eva 01

RG Eva 01

RG Eva 01

RG Eva 01

RG Eva 01

RG Eva 01

RG Eva 01

That looks so gorgeous, @anubis20! Are you really sure you made this? It looks like promotional images straight from CG artwork. Loving your work, man! :wub: :good: 

1 minute ago, kajnrig said:

I know I've shared this before, but if the forearm design bothers you, there's a conversion kit that returns it to a more anime accurate look: https://www.shop2000.com.tw/GK-M/product/p37717039

Otherwise, great job as always, on the photoshoot as well as the modeling itself.

I hated them in the beginning but they have grown on me tbh. Its just that the turning gimmick really doesn't work when painted. 

Speaking of shading, @anubis20. Is it ok to ask if you do it before the color (like Watanabe's) or after the layer of color? If it's after, do you darken the mixture of the color you used or use a different color tint and darken it?

Thank you sir! :hi:

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Speaking of shading, @anubis20. Is it ok to ask if you do it before the color (like Watanabe's) or after the layer of color? If it's after, do you darken the mixture of the color you used or use a different color tint and darken it?

Thank you sir! :hi:

In my case I usually start with the base color and then I will spray a lighter mix of the base coat on the center of each part. For the most part I usually add white to the mix but colors like red and green will get yellow instead to lighten the highlight color. 

51 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

In my case I usually start with the base color and then I will spray a lighter mix of the base coat on the center of each part. For the most part I usually add white to the mix but colors like red and green will get yellow instead to lighten the highlight color. 

Nice! Thanks for sharing, @anubis20. I envy your work. :wub: :good: 

On 8/18/2022 at 8:26 AM, no3Ljm said:

Meng Model Mecha-002L EVA UNIT 2
Y18000

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

man, the head sculpt is HORRIBLE and reviews I've seen of their unit 1 kit are not particularly great. that said I'm debating getting it just to steal the thunder spear and EM crossbow to use with my dynaction Nigoki.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I need some help. Can anybody tell me where i can pre-order these two items from evangelion revoltech?

https://www.kyd-store.jp/c/genre/revo/nr004

https://kaiyodo.co.jp/items/revoltech/nr005/

They were up at nin-nin for few hours but it looks like no other stores are going carry them. Not quite sure if they are an exclusive for Japan but it seems really impossible to find them. Any suggestions? Thank you!

asuka e mari.jpg

5 hours ago, General Rasp said:

😍😍😍 Thank you so much!!! I never check the BBTS because i live in Italy and it's not very convenient for me to buy in the states...but it looks like i was actually able to secure a pre-order for both and i m really happy about that. Thank you again!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just got Kaiyodo's Euro-II Heurtebise Revoltech and seriously, frakk Kaiyodo and frakk their Revoltech line. I was was expecting this thing to be kinda sub-par, but I was not expecting for multiple parts to break the first time I tried to put it together out of the box. ugh.