6 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I want to say a page or two back they were discussing the fact that Funimation(?) would be re-dubbing all four films with a new cast. Or maybe it was somewhere else I read that...

Sounds like you may be thinking of Netflix's new TV dub.

10 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I want to say a page or two back they were discussing the fact that Funimation(?) would be re-dubbing all four films with a new cast. Or maybe it was somewhere else I read that...

3 hours ago, Big s said:

I think that may have also included redubbing the original movies.

Fantastic. I just bought the first three Blue ray's!:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I am tempted to store/ sell off my Mafex Evas now that Bandai has done a larger selection. The only one Bandai hasn't done yet in an awakened version of EVA 01. I am in for all of them, once the 4th movie releases next month on Prime I know I will want all of them. 

3 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Im sold on all of them except the "new theatrical version" Unit 01 🙄 It was about time the MB Evas continued. Also im surprised Revoltech didnt put out an Eva 08y

Same feelings here. I'm good with my first release Unit 01, and since EVA 13 comes with the spear I see no need for a recolor. that said I am incredibly excited for everthing else.

6 hours ago, General Rasp said:

I don’t even know what the last one is as it’s from the new movie obviously. I’ll be buying 13 and metal build 00 for sure. I’m so glad we’re continuing to get the MB line! I’m just wild about their designs. 

Just now, anime52k8 said:

it's mari's unit 8 with the mask off.

Evangelion_Production_Model-08γ_Front_Without.png

I'm so hyped for the new movie coming in a month! I can't wait to see all the new designs in motion and everything revealed with the plot and characters. It's going to be a blast. I have probably already said this here but I wish Bandai would give us Robot Damashii versions of Unit 02 beta and Unit 08 Gamma from 3.0! Those are my very favorite designs.

HLJ pre-orders sold-out with EVA 01 but EVA 13 is still available. 

https://www.hlj.com/robot-damashii-side-eva-evangelion-unit-13-bans62098

Going to wait on pre-ordering the Dynaction EVA 02 until BBTS's pre-order go up. EVA 01 was $224 and not paying the expensive shipping was worth the wait.

13 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

HLJ pre-orders sold-out with EVA 01 but EVA 13 is still available. 

https://www.hlj.com/robot-damashii-side-eva-evangelion-unit-13-bans62098

Going to wait on pre-ordering the Dynaction EVA 02 until BBTS's pre-order go up. EVA 01 was $224 and not paying the expensive shipping was worth the wait.

The retail cost of Unit 02 is more than Unit 01. I think it's a $40 swing??? I'm guessing BBTS will be about $264 with shipping and tax then??

I just paid $271 from AmazonJP

25 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

Dynaction EVA-02 18,700 yen at AMIAMI now:)

It's adorable how they don't tell you what your shipping fees will be.:rolleyes: That 18,700Y doesn't mean a thing until you know what it costs landed on your doorstep.

3 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Accessory pack for ThreeZero's EVA 01

https://www.threezerohk.com/product/robo-dou-evangelion-accessory-pack/

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/170715

Seems a bit pricey for two weapons and a stand.

Yeah, pricey. I got one anyway.:fool:

Edited by sqidd

Was it Eva or Frontier that announced some 1:1 statues coming out soon-ish like last year or so?

Well regardless, I know there have been other 1:1 statues of Asuka/Rei in the past, so this doesn't surprise me too much. This certainly looks better than the previous ones, too. Though I don't know if less anime and more "real"istic is a plus or not when it comes to life-size...

You know what? I'll just not think about it. At all. Scrub my eyes, ears, and prefrontal cortex with bleach.

Ok, so I watched Rebuild 2.22 and 3.33 last night and tonight. I feel a little like I missed things. Especially after just doing a little reading online. Do I just need to watch these more times or am I missing source material somewhere? Or are there extended cut versions or something?

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Do I just need to watch these more times or am I missing source material somewhere?

Neither, I fear.  The third film is particularly problematic; after the premiere of 3.33, even the Japanese voice actors were at a loss to explain the film. :unsure:

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Ok, so I watched Rebuild 2.22 and 3.33 last night and tonight. I feel a little like I missed things. Especially after just doing a little reading online. Do I just need to watch these more times or am I missing source material somewhere? Or are there extended cut versions or something?

Im certain the final movie will fill in many blanks. Did you notice the preview at the end of 2.22 didn’t contain any footage from 3.33?

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

2.22 is the condensing of most of the big arcs after 1.11 concluding with a combo of 18/19/23. That combo finale had the revelation of Asuka replacing Touji as the test pilot of Unit-03 (since Touji's sister isn't injured/made the core, bigger yet still is that Shinji is fully combat active when Rei II is being absorbed by the Angel, resulting in an early 3rd impact trigger (Unit-01 + S2 Engine + Rei/Lilith + Shinji = a full god being), luckily Kowaru noped the process leaving Shinji formless in Unit-01 for years (much like he was in ep 09)

3.33 is a mix of episodes 9, 16 & 24, picking up with retrieving Shinji & reforming him, only to discover how much time has passed. The Asuka we meet is one remade with the same tech Rei & Mari are cloned from  (inference being that Mari may have been the proof of concept that got Yui hired by Seele, mind you that's inferred by the manga epilogue), Gendo's gone full tilt on his mission (to the extent of killing all of Seele & pulling every resource to push his version of Yui's agenda), and everyone else just pretty much hates Shinji since he broke the world in his attempt to save Rei. The finale here is obviously the combination of the dance off with meeting Kowaru.

2 hours ago, Keith said:

since Touji's sister isn't injured/made the core,

I've never understood where people got the idea that Toji's sister is Unit 03's soul in the series. she's implied to be alive both before and after unit 03's tenure in the show. It makes more sense and is more consistent for it to be his dead mom.

2 hours ago, Keith said:

The Asuka we meet is one remade with the same tech Rei & Mari are cloned from  (inference being that Mari may have been the proof of concept that got Yui hired by Seele, mind you that's inferred by the manga epilogue)

I'm not sure where you're getting this from. Mari isn't a clone, she just hasn't aged because of contact with evas, same as Asuka after the time skip. as for Asuka being a clone, I wouldn't say she's the same as Rei. Rei is a hybrid of Yui and lilith where as Asuka is an engineered super soldier made specifically to pilot EVA.

7 hours ago, tekering said:

Neither, I fear.  The third film is particularly problematic; after the premiere of 3.33, even the Japanese voice actors were at a loss to explain the film. :unsure:

Oddly, 3.33 didn't seem like it was as much of a mystery to me. It seemed more like watching your standard action movie than the previous two. Not a lot to trip you up aside from the "half 4th impact" actual impact thing. That said, I'm still lost on who was trying to accomplish what. And what was what. Can someone answer these questions for me?

-Was this entire thing about aliens or actual "religious"/magical events?

-Are Angles aliens?

-Was SEELE made up of humans or aliens?

-What was SEELE's goal? Human Instrumantality? Basically everyone shares a consciousness? Why was this their goal?

-Was Gendo's goal different from SEELE?

7 hours ago, 100mega said:

Im certain the final movie will fill in many blanks. Did you notice the preview at the end of 2.22 didn’t contain any footage from 3.33?

After some reading last night it seems I missed an after credits scene in 2.22 where I think it was Kaworu stopped the 4th Impact by spearing Unit 01?

3 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I've never understood where people got the idea that Toji's sister is Unit 03's soul in the series. she's implied to be alive both before and after unit 03's tenure in the show. It makes more sense and is more consistent for it to be his dead mom.

I'm not sure where you're getting this from. Mari isn't a clone, she just hasn't aged because of contact with evas, same as Asuka after the time skip. as for Asuka being a clone, I wouldn't say she's the same as Rei. Rei is a hybrid of Yui and lilith where as Asuka is an engineered super soldier made specifically to pilot EVA.

Was Asuka a engineered super solider right from the beginning or only after she was pieced back together?

Thanks for you input guys!:hi:

I gotta say I absolutely loved Unit 13 (not more than Unit 01 though). There just happens to be a PO for the re-issue of the RAH version going on right now. I PO'd it last night. No flippin idea where i'm going to display it with the spears though. They're about 30" long!:lol:

evangelion-3-0-rah-action-figure-eva-uni