3 hours ago, tekering said:

Geography makes all the difference, I guess.  Here in Japan, the Robo-Dou had an MSRP of ¥16,000; the Dynaction, at twice the size, had an MSRP of only ¥18,000.  

That's a no-brainer. ^_^

Huh. That's unusual. I would assume the ThreeZero would be slightly cheaper there. 

That sounds more like you're describing the Real Action Heroes EVA. :unsure:

I don't have that but the limbs do wobble or jiggle with handling and not in a forceful way to make it happen. :) They do stay in place for what it's worth. 

Does the Robo-Dou come with an in-scale pilot figure as well?

Probably inside the entry plug. :P The Dynaction does have that over the ThreeZero. I do also like that the Dynaction's stand has options for attachment. I still do prefer the berserk mode head and entry plug. I wonder though why Bandai didn't include that option as the feature can be easily placed for something that big. The Dynaction can have its berserk face feature given it has teeth but it doesn't have those crazy eyes that go with it. 

2 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Thanks for the review and impressions!

Glad to share my feedback. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that Hobby Link Japan has preorders up for RAH Unit 01 and 13 marked as being versions from the new movie. Has anyone picked up the new color version of unit 01? I was wondering if the durability of RAH has improved any over time. I did go ahead and preorder 13 as it's kinda my dream Eva figure, but I am very weary of the quality of the RAH line after seeing several complaints of floppy limbs, paint changing color, and plastic breaking at the elbows. It sounds like they just don't hold up even with delicate handling.

10 hours ago, 100mega said:

Has anyone picked up the new color version of unit 01? I was wondering if the durability of RAH has improved any over time.

My RAH Unit-1 (the most recent reissue) lost her balance and fell into a pile of clothes -- on top of a pillow, just a few inches beneath her feet -- and snapped the horn off her helmet. :(

5 hours ago, tekering said:

My RAH Unit-1 (the most recent reissue) lost her balance and fell into a pile of clothes -- on top of a pillow, just a few inches beneath her feet -- and snapped the horn off her helmet. :(

Good thing Angels don't come in the form of pillows. Evangelion would have been a completely different......and shorter story.:p

10 hours ago, tekering said:

And let me guess... they don't provide a replacement horn for the $400 figure. This is the kinda info I was looking for. Thank you and sorry that happened.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, General Rasp said:

EVA unit 00 from ThreeZero

https://www.taghobby.com/archives/532090

Just a teaser image so far.

I hope Bandai releases the 00 in the new Dynaction line. I alreday have the 01 and 02 RAH's and the Dynaction 01 (pics of 02 released). I'm not getting the ThreeZero's too!:rofl:

Edited by sqidd

I am still dying over here waiting for some news about the final movie and a western release. I thought with the worldwide Netflix deal, the physical release being planned, and Prime having the first three rebuilds in Japan we'd be hearing something by now.

Part of me wants a theatrical release in a less covid paranoid world, but anime movies in theaters can be very negative experiences with the wrong crowd. I'm not sure I could risk that for Eva.

5 hours ago, 100mega said:

I am still dying over here waiting for some news about the final movie and a western release. I thought with the worldwide Netflix deal, the physical release being planned, and Prime having the first three rebuilds in Japan we'd be hearing something by now.

Part of me wants a theatrical release in a less covid paranoid world, but anime movies in theaters can be very negative experiences with the wrong crowd. I'm not sure I could risk that for Eva.

With the Funimation releases of the first 3 going OOP it begs the question of whether GKids will grab the Rebuild license too.

BBTS notified me my ThreeZero Unit 1 is getting ready to release, I've got Unit 2 pre-ordered as well, absolutely grabbing Unit 00 too. The Metal Builds are nice figures, but I hate the aesthetic, they're too busy, I'm so glad ThreeZero got into the game, their Evas are pretty much exactly what I was looking for in a modern, high-end Eva figure. 

Yeah. I really like how ThreeZero is invested in this line. Unit 00 is a first day pre-order for me too, and I'm curious to see where ThreeZero will take the line next. I'm also curious about why things went quiet with the Metal Builds. especially given how Bandai released 01 and 02, eschewed 00 for a repaint of 01, and then nothing... 

The Dynaction Evas are a bit too much for me, but I'm happy that they have an audience.

Edited by technoblue

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Ah, screw it. I just ordered the ThreeZero Unit 01 and 02.

Any news on when unit 00 goes on PO?

Nothing yet, but I imagine the PO will be going up soon. Threezero usually does a teaser then a week or two later the PO goes up.  

Not sure if anyone got back to you about your height question but EVA 01 is 10 inches tall from feet to the top of the shoulder pylons. You won't be disappointed getting these. They are so nice and heavy. Quality is par or better than the metal build EVAs.

On 5/4/2021 at 11:24 AM, General Rasp said:

Not sure if anyone got back to you about your height question but EVA 01 is 10 inches tall from feet to the top of the shoulder pylons. You won't be disappointed getting these. They are so nice and heavy. Quality is par or better than the metal build EVAs.

Nice. I wasn't too impressed with the MB's. Too small. I like figures to be at least 10". Way too small for the $$$$. I prefer a more anime accurate look. And I really didn't think the quality was all that. I sold them.

Sounds like the ThreeZero units are a winner! I may actually end up selling my RAH's and Dynaction units. I only have so much space. Having a ton of EVA's unfortunately doesn't work for me.

Thanks for the info/review.:hi:

27 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Nice. I wasn't too impressed with the MB's. Too small. I like figures to be at least 10". Way too small for the $$$$. I prefer a more anime accurate look. And I really didn't think the quality was all that. I sold them.

Sounds like the ThreeZero units are a winner! I may actually end up selling my RAH's and Dynaction units. I only have so much space. Having a ton of EVA's unfortunately doesn't work for me.

Thanks for the info/review.:hi:

Happy to help. 

If you looking for anime accurate ThreeZero is your best option. I have several EVA 01 from different lines and ThreeZero has the best likeness. Plus they did an excellent job with the berserker head sculpt, better than anyone else.  

16 hours ago, uzernaem said:

Can anyone clarify if the TV style figures are still being made? From what I've seen, it's only Rebuild stuff everywhere. I am looking for Eva-02 and Soryu specificlly. Not a fan of Shikinami and horned Unit-02.

For now this is a given since they need to monetize from the previous and upcoming Rebuild movies.

BBTS also has some figures available for preorder.

Union Creative's Mari Makinami
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/158954

Sega's Mari Makinami (Last MIssion Ver.)
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/162552

Sega's Asuka Langley (Last Mission Ver.)
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/162555

Revolve's Asuka Langley (Last Mission Ver.)
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/162591

Amakuni's Asuka Langley
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/141848

Bandai Spirits' Asuka Langley (Eva 13)
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/153680

Union Creative's Rei & Asuka
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/147927

Aoshima's Godzilla vs Eva Mechagodzilla
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/154450

Grabbed a pre-order for 00 at BBTS, looks fantastic! That yellow is gorgeous! I'm waiting on a few more items to arrive before I ship my Unit 01 from BBTS, I'm pretty excited to get it in hand and check it out. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...