I found Otaku Square is still taking PO's. I used a international credit card with great protections. Fingers crossed it's not a "scam" site.

Nin Nin Games was another option but what I have read of them I think I'll stay away.

https://www.otakusquare.com/products/rebuild-of-evangelion-dynaction-action-figure-evangelion-test-type-01-40-cm/view

I grabbed one from Nippon-Yasan Thursday night whilst frantically hunting for a Roy VF-1 pre-order. It was there for ¥15000 and I got it just to see if I could. Well... it seems I could. No issues at all. 

Now, I’m glad I did. 

10 hours ago, sqidd said:

I found Otaku Square is still taking PO's. I used a international credit card with great protections. Fingers crossed it's not a "scam" site.

Ordered MB Eva02 from them and they delivered, though there's a chance they might cancel your order if they don't secure enough stock.

14 minutes ago, valhary said:

Already ordered mine this will be very interesting I can't wait

I have my fingers crossed that they're a higher quality than the RAH's. My 01 is not too bad, my 02 is junk.

I'd love to replace them with a higher quality pair.

4 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I need to stick to Metal Build. Must. Not. Buy. More.

I sold my MB units. Too small IMO. I'm also a little more into the "toon" look too. I only have the RAH Unit 1 and Unit 2 right now. I like them a lot aside from the Unit 2 being a floppy mess. It was MISB so it's a build tolerance thing. The Unit 1 is fantastic. I'm looking forward to the Bandai 15"er. Hopefully it's top notch and they follow it up with a Unit 2 and Unit 0. I'd probably cut the RAH's loose at that point.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I only have the RAH Unit 1 and Unit 2 right now. I like them a lot aside from the Unit 2 being a floppy mess. It was MISB so it's a build tolerance thing. The Unit 1 is fantastic. I'm looking forward to the Bandai 15"er.

I was hoping for a reissue of RAH Unit 2, rather than a whole new Unit 1 toy at damn near the same scale...  <_<

Ironically enough, it's my old Tsukada Hobby Unit 2 that's a floppy mess.  The damn thing isn't even articulated -- it's just a hollow vinyl figure -- yet it can't handle its own weight at room temperate!  :angry:

37 minutes ago, tekering said:

I was hoping for a reissue of RAH Unit 2, rather than a whole new Unit 1 toy at damn near the same scale...  <_<

I could live with that. The RAH's look fantastic!

The Bandai is very reasonably priced so I figured WTH. I'll give it a shot. Then play the waiting game on a RAH Unit 2 re-issue or a Bandai Unit 2 re-issue.

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

I sold my MB units. Too small IMO. I'm also a little more into the "toon" look too. I only have the RAH Unit 1 and Unit 2 right now. I like them a lot aside from the Unit 2 being a floppy mess. It was MISB so it's a build tolerance thing. The Unit 1 is fantastic. I'm looking forward to the Bandai 15"er. Hopefully it's top notch and they follow it up with a Unit 2 and Unit 0. I'd probably cut the RAH's loose at that point.

I actually am the opposite and prefer the metal look over anime accurate in this case. And being smaller is easier on my display case :yahoo:

Does anyone know the history of the various Eva kit releases? The only ones I really know are the old-school 90s(/00s?) LMHG line and the PG Eva-01 from Bandai. I know Kotobukiya and Bandai both released kits for the movie releases. I'm not sure if the Bandai ones are just reissues of the original LMHG line (because apparently the movie kits are also "LMHG") with some extras, or if they re-issued their various kits for each new movie release, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Kajnrig, it’s been a while since I checked this post. As far as a complete history on Eva kits, I do know kotobukiya had some plastic kits way back when the old Bandai lmhg kits came out. If I remember they looked very top heavy. I never bought any of them though.

as far as the movie Bandai ones those were pretty much the same old 90’s kits.

• 3 weeks later...

I forget if electric indigo was the one who introduced me to that store or not, but I've ordered from there several times and had zero problems. Shipping can get somewhat expensive, IIRC they charge individual shipping costs per item, but it's never been a deal breaker. I don't think I've ever dabbled in Model Legend's stuff, though, so can't speak to that at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 6:45 AM, DYRL VF-1S said:

Nice! And didn’t Netflix do new voice actors for their version? This says original eps. I wonder if that retains the original voice overs?

I think they just mean not the Rebuild movies. If we're lucky then we'll get all the content from the Japanese blu-ray release.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tekering said:

God, what awful singing.  My ears are bleeding. :vava:

+1

... someone not only approved of, but PAYED for that ...

Edited by slide

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

I really like the experimentation they do with this line.

That said, why not the 3.0 suit? White Arms Asuka is Best Asuka. :D

I imagine that the transparent suit layer was an obvious direction to go with the injection molding tech they're using.

Also for some reason :rolleyes: the test suits seem to be very popular with fans...