5 hours ago, Corrinald said:

So far it looks better than I anticipated and I am excited to watch it. Nothing can ever compare with the original anime, but it looks like they have put a lot of passion into it.

Yeah, they went more "Tarentino" than "Monkey Punch" with the style, but I'm not worried.

I mean, they got at least some of the look down, and hopefully they hung onto as much of the soundtrack as possible.

I've had essentially zero expectations about any of this since I first heard of it, so I think it would actually be really difficult for it not to be better than I expected. ^_^ 

9 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

I knew this was going to be bad, i couldn't immagine it was going to be so awful. R.I.P Cowboy bebop, hopefully this will be the last time they try to resurrect you.

I agree with you!!

Btw, i hope there would be a chance to see this with japanese voiceovers! The JP trailer has a certain vibe when they speak in japanese....

1 minute ago, VF-1A Cannon Fodder said:

Wait - how were you able to watch it already?

Oh, well, you know i have friends in high places...

There's no need to watch it. Just looking at these trailers make me wanna gouge my eyes out. Very disrepctful toward the original material. They tried to copy it but at the same time they changed everything. 

45 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

Oh, well, you know i have friends in high places...

There's no need to watch it. Just looking at these trailers make me wanna gouge my eyes out. Very disrepctful toward the original material. They tried to copy it but at the same time they changed everything. 

And that's your opinion, but it seems like a pretty respectful adaptation at this point, keeping the varying tone of the show and filling in gaps between the established stories, maybe retelling some of the existing.  Is it a full remake/reimagining?  Maybe, we will see.  It looks great to me, but I am reserving final judgement until it releases and I can watch actual episodes.

It'll be interesting to see how the show is without the theme song invoking heavy nostalgia every second along the way. Cowboy Bebop had such a cool universe to operate within though so I'm hopeful. Curious if there will be something live action brings to it or if it feels like moving away from animation only hurts it.

I actually like what I’m seeing so far. I didn’t want them to just completely copy the anime, so this seems like a lot of stuff from the show but with some differences here and there. If it ends up too close to the anime, then may as well watch the anime. I’m very hopeful for this one

6 hours ago, Ryoma said:

They tried to copy it but at the same time they changed everything. 

Your ability to dissect a trailer while extracting the motivations of the creators and a good understanding of the final product is amazing. 

I'll admit the trailer looks promising.   However,  considering Netflix and their track record I am hoping for a good outcome,  but expecting He-Man.

As I said earlier I will wait and see what the overall consensus is before I dip my foot in the water.

7 hours ago, seti88 said:

I agree with you!!

Btw, i hope there would be a chance to see this with japanese voiceovers! The JP trailer has a certain vibe when they speak in japanese....

I don't know, maybe it might give you a different vibe, but to me it looks like a parody, especially the actors and their acting.

Why would one want a live action adaptation to be a copy of the anime? Just watch the anime again if that is exactly what you want.

I go into every adaptation knowing that it won't be the same as what it was adapted from. I go in expecting to enjoy it for reasons other than what I enjoyed what it was adapted from. The Expanse is a good example. The TV series is maybe a 7 out of 10 when it comes to being faithful to the books. I enjoyed the books. I enjoy the TV series. Both have their pluses. Both have their minuses.

If I were one to get triggered by unfaithfull adaptations.....................................I wouldn't watch them.;)