9 hours ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

Every other anime adaption I have watched have been terrible

Hollywood has had remarkable success adapting comic book properties into live-action films over the last couple decades, but anime adaptations are always terrible...

...save Alita: Battle Angel, the exception that proves the rule.  :p

7 hours ago, tekering said:

Hollywood has had remarkable success adapting comic book properties into live-action films over the last couple decades, but anime adaptations are always terrible...

I think the difference with Alita was that the director is reported to be a huge fan of the original work.      I also enjoyed the Ghost in the Shell live action movie as well,  much more then I thought I would have TBH.

After reading some of the latest internet news,  it appears that the train wreck for CB has already begun.  It does not bode well when actors start attacking the fanbase.. :touche:

1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I think the difference with Alita was that the director is reported to be a huge fan of the original work.      I also enjoyed the Ghost in the Shell live action movie as well,  much more then I thought I would have TBH.

After reading some of the latest internet news,  it appears that the train wreck for CB has already begun.  It does not bode well when actors start attacking the fanbase.. :touche:

To be fair the fanbase has been attacking since the production was announced. So a little push back is expected and deserved. 

Now if the crew hit after the show aired then the fanbase has grounds, but this time not so much.

For live action adaptations, I've enjoyed Alita and Ghost in the Shell (as already mentioned), the Kenshin films, and Bleach. My hope is that this iteration of Cowboy Bebop leans in closer to the quality of these productions. If it's fun and can successfully recreate some of the key character moments, then I'll be content.

The story here has more grounded characters than some of the other more ridiculous anime like death note, so it probably won’t be as hard to watch, but even if it’s a great show it’s always gonna end up compared to one of the greatest anime series to have ever been made. I do still have faith in this and curious about that Gundam one as well 

2 hours ago, Keith said:

Those chairs are completely wrong  way to botch another one Netflix! 😏

Hey, the REAL problem is the shot is sideways! We can only see one dude's face! These are important dudes!

Seriously, though, it baffles me that they'd go to so much effort to set a 1:1 remake shot up, and then completely flub camera placement. Not angry about this, just confused.

I don’t remember Faye wielding any knives. 🤨 Also this trailer doesn’t seem to show her typical smirky attitude. 

We can see which anime eps they’re gonna base the stories upon, but we’ll see how this all pans out.

An interesting redux of the opening. Mostly, I like it although the differences do stand out.

For one, Spike is getting a light for his cigarette from someone off camera in the original anime OP but in the live action version he is lighting it himself. I do like the beats with the different handguns, though, and the bit with live action Jet running on the purple "Cowboy Bebop" background. Nicely done.

On a more critical note, all the posing felt strange to me and I hope Faye is moving around more in the actual show. Yeah. I think I prefer how the original anime OP superimposed silhouettes of the characters in the middle of tumbling and/or fluid action sequences. I guess that's an advantage that the anime gets to keep.

On 9/14/2021 at 3:27 AM, tekering said:

Not a Rurouni Kenshin LAM fan either? I thought the final and beginning were pretty good.

4 hours ago, technoblue said:

Radical Edward ‘s not here, man.

At least, not yet. 😉

Yeah, but the show just feels empty without her.

4 hours ago, Keith said:

We all know it'a going to be Millie Bobby Brown, why are they even pretending to hide it.

Hopefully not Taylor Swift. O.o

On 9/26/2021 at 9:18 PM, jenius said:

Shouldn't it be someone totally androgenous? 

I think Ed was a girl who is assumed to by a boy due to her youth or her absentminded father.
or ethnically ambiguous (Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivruski IV being her name....or

Spoiler

Françoise Appledelhi

).
That or the anime should have made "It's Pat" route and screw over the fans, at least not aware of "third gender".

Edited by roboemo

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 7:07 PM, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Not a Rurouni Kenshin LAM fan either? I thought the final and beginning were pretty good.

As a student of Japanese swordsmanship, the Kenshin live action films were unwatchable.  I really liked the fight scenes in the OVA Trust/Betrayal.  Even though it was anime, the physics seemed to be mostly grounded in reality, but the live action films just went straight to the chambara and wire-fu.