Just now, davidwhangchoi said:

Which one is Ein?

:rofl:

The cast looks solid, let's hope those behind the scenes can do it justice.  I wonder if they will cover up the actresses tattoo.  I know it is a cultural thing for her, but it doesn't fit the character of Faye.

I would hope they keep the existing sound track but it is twenty (?) years old now. (I just can't believe it has been that long ago)  Anyway - the opening song is still one of the catchiest ever and most people outside of anime still have not heard it.

I don’t think the music will be a problem. They will probably re-record iconic themes. The cg on other recent shows on Netflix haven’t been too bad. Lost in space and altered carbon looked ok. The faster chase scenes will be the most complicated and would probably be saved for key episodes. The be bop itself usually just floats around and even in the anime most of the action was a mix of fist and gun fights.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, Old_Nash said:

First view in the Spike, Fye and Jet.

Yoko Kanno confirmerd in the soundtrack

Not too optimistic regarding their recent anime-based outings... but at least Yoko Kanno is Yoko Kanno. This may make her popularity even bigger considering she recently started doing TV dramas over in Japan. But regarding actually watching this? Nah, they can keep it for themselves. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 5:44 PM, Biomaster said:

Not too optimistic regarding their recent anime-based outings... but at least Yoko Kanno is Yoko Kanno. This may make her popularity even bigger considering she recently started doing TV dramas over in Japan. But regarding actually watching this? Nah, they can keep it for themselves. 

Agreed, have low expectations for this one... but at least they understand that it's not Cowboy Bebop without Yoko Kanno.

On 6/22/2021 at 12:05 PM, Reni said:

Agreed, have low expectations for this one... but at least they understand that it's not Cowboy Bebop without Yoko Kanno.

Your profile pic is from Project A-ko... Nice!!! 

Also, as for Cowboy Bebop, I'll give it a try... you never know, might actually be good. 

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, technoblue said:

The stills look all right, but I’m a little worried because Ein is on a leash and still no sign of Ed.

Ed will probably pop up if they get to a season 2. I'm more concerned with them showing signs of the jump gate tragedy.

8 minutes ago, Keith said:

Ed will probably pop up if they get to a season 2. I'm more concerned with them showing signs of the jump gate tragedy.

That's a good point. I figure we will get a faithful image of Earth after the accident if the crew ends up going there like they eventually did in the anime.

3 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Maybe Ed will be the featured bounty.  Paid to hunt a mysterious hacker, find out that it's a kid that learned some terrible secret and they have to protect Ed.

HaHa! I wonder what terrible secret Ed would’ve uncovered while tracking the Bebop and her crew? That could be interesting and would be a twist from the anime’s plot, where Ed invites herself onboard when the others take on a bounty to capture a rogue planetary graffiti artist and discover a satellite with evolved AI.

10 hours ago, azrael said:

Animals never behave on-set. :D

That explains Ed, but why is Ein on a leash?

Edit: Okay, serious talk. That picture of the yellow couch... there's a frickin' CAGE behind the couch. They have a kennel cage for Ein(with a record player atop it, for some reason).

The ONLY way that is going to work is if as soon as everyone turns around Ein flips the latch and saunters out, and there's a running joke where people keep being mad at other people because no one in this crew can remember to LOCK THE DOG CAGE.

Edited by JB0

6 hours ago, JB0 said:

That explains Ed, but why is Ein on a leash?

Edit: Okay, serious talk. That picture of the yellow couch... there's a frickin' CAGE behind the couch. They have a kennel cage for Ein(with a record player atop it, for some reason).

The ONLY way that is going to work is if as soon as everyone turns around Ein flips the latch and saunters out, and there's a running joke where people keep being mad at other people because no one in this crew can remember to LOCK THE DOG CAGE.

Or if they lock Faye in there instead of the bathroom.

Honestly I am more looking forward to see what Yoko Kanno manages to pull off,  Netflix + Beloved Franchise = Dumpster Fire! 

This one probably won't irk me if it does bomb that much,  CB was a good series overall but was never the level the Hype train of the last few years produced.    I'm expecting Dumpster Fire,  but hoping for the best! 

5 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Honestly I am more looking forward to see what Yoko Kanno manages to pull off,  Netflix + Beloved Franchise = Dumpster Fire! 

This one probably won't irk me if it does bomb that much,  CB was a good series overall but was never the level the Hype train of the last few years produced.    I'm expecting Dumpster Fire,  but hoping for the best! 

Nah, I'm expecting an "Umbrella Academy" level of action/fun.

• 3 weeks later...