Anyone know anything about these bad boys?

warrhead

I saw these here. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...9&category=4696 They look like recasts of the old Taka 1/100's but from the size comparison to the 1/55's it seems like they've been scaled up... possibly to around 1/72 scale(?) Someone correct me if I'm wrong... Does anyone know anything about their quality? Are they worth $7 apiece? I have no problem with repainting 'em, I just wanna' know how crappy (or not) their assembly is... I'd like some VF-1's in my 1/72 display, but I'm not quite willing to shell out the dough for the HCM's.

Yeah, these are sorta based on the old 1/100 toys but scaled up. Still smaller than the 1/55 though.

I bought one early last year for HK$16 (US$2) and frankly it wasn't even worth that. The plastic was very brittle and the toy snapped in three places (hip bar, tail fin hinge and shoulder joint) after only two transformations.

Graham

Yeah, these are sorta based on the old 1/100 toys but scaled up. Still smaller than the 1/55 though.

I bought one early last year for HK$16 (US$2) and frankly it wasn't even worth that. The plastic was very brittle and the toy snapped in three places (hip bar, tail fin hinge and shoulder joint) after only two transformations.

Graham

Wow, I guess I dodged that bullet!!! I appreciate the heads-up, and from the man himself!!!

hose things where awful.

I remeber I got one and it was bad to say the least...

And it's ALWAYS good to hear from you Seba!!! Have fun in HK guys!!!

They're closest to 1/60 scale, although the proportions are different from the Yamato 1/60's. I posted a review of them on the old boards, but due to technical difficulties, the old boards are currently unavailable.

I don't think they're quite as bad as Graham says. Let me put it this way, though: I paid $5.99 plus sales tax for mine. I don't hate it, but if it broke tomorrow, I wouldn't cry. I wouldn't pay $22 for a new pair of them. Not only is the plastic brittle, but the tail fins won't go into the correct angle, the legs are slightly crooked, and the only piece of metal in the whole thing is the metal rod that the swingbars attach to.