This movie was glorious. Just saw it last night and absolutely loved it. It’s hands down without even a close second, the absolute best film in the current dc franchise. It’s about time they had a great movie. It may be one of my all time favorite comic book movies, although it’s hard to top Scott Pilgrim 

This movie was so much fun, it was James Gunn unleashed. Didn't know most of the characters but it didn't matter, they played very well off of each other and the 'weirdness' just worked.

I feel like Gunn used this movie as some sort of catharsis from his ordeal over at Marvel being fired/re-hired.

-b. 

Just checked it out with my son, we got lots o' chuckles outta this one.  Gets my vote as best of the DC movies.  Bit of a shame though.  This is one I'm sure I'd have rather been able to see in a theater; strikes me as a movie that's meant to be enjoyed an an experience together with an audience.  It'll be good for re-watches, just to go hunting for Gunn's trademark easter eggs. 

I kept thinking: oh yeah; Gunn just Venture Brother'd the sh*t outta this one.  😜

I love how he didn't miss any opportunities to revel in the absolute absurdity of superhero-ing.  I'm sure everyone couldn't wait for King Shark's trailer moment, when he scoops up that poor bugger and gulps him down.  But it was the bit leading up to it that had us lol'ing and hitting the rewind button.   Was like: dafuk, is this big ol' shark, on land, in the middle of the fuggin jungle, supposed to be sneaking up on somebody?!?  I need that in a .gif.  😆 

I loved when he was just gnawing on the guys head for a while at the end. So disturbing…Lol

74688002-37F1-4960-9315-A1492F7AFF77.jpeg.62368ac24453cb8969e704e050c5d162.jpeg

Also this epic scene. Can’t remember if it was in a trailer so I spoilered it. The body is an actual practical effect too!

Spoiler

BEAD0602-6173-4CDF-B63D-CFD485CA2ABD.gif.04fc604015d7ee3ae91c07d8c5c43f78.gif

Edited by Dobber

On 8/7/2021 at 9:57 AM, jvmacross said:

Another thing....didn't Bruce Wayne/Batman tell Waller to shutdown the Suice Squad in the last movie?  Did she blackmail him?  Is that a wise thing to do to Batman?

The other thing about both movies is why didn't any of the "real" superheroes simply show up and "take care of the problem"?  Why is there a need for a Suicide Squad.  With an entity like Superman who can apparently hear things anywhere in the world....

Reveal hidden contents

how would it be possible for him to have not heard or have known about Starro?  Even if for some reason the Nazis would have built some kind of sound/motion proof facility....Superman would have heard the "ruckuss" once it got out....surely he would have been aware of the events rapidly unfolding at Corto Maltese. 

How are these things explained in the comics?  

Superman was in the hospital after catching a kryptonite bullet from Bloodsport, it's stated early on in the movie, it's why he's in prison. As for the rest, my guess is the Batman stuff from the first movie was pretty much ignored like many other events and revelations from the first film, this was a sequel but also light reboot. 

I didn't pay it any mind before, but couldn't help but think it funny--more like ironic funny and not ha ha funny--that:  for all that gratuitous violence, for all this movie's over-the-top gore and viscera, Gunn opted to not show the burning of the birds at Presidente General Luna's palace.  

Guess for all their bravado and edginess, there are some organizations that Hollywood still won't cross, eh?  

'Ay, you better not do that, man.  You better not fu*k wit' the SPCA, man.   

ed: come to think of it, nobody stood a chance o' fighting off or killing any of those rats, either...  

Edited by reddsun1

As far as other heroes in the dcu, Superman probably didn’t know about the project because it’s an old one and in a place that still has asbestos and lead paint and he’s in the hospital now. Wonder Woman usually ignores things till they’re convenient for her. Shazam was probably still in school. Green Lantern was cancelled by Ryan Reynolds and the new version wasn’t ready when this movie got green lit. Martian Manhunter was man hunting at the bar. The flash might have made it there, but got taken over due to him being easily confused. Batman was busy in Gotham, and he doesn’t do daytime easily and probably didn’t hear the news in time. And Aquaman was useless since it was a land based issue. I’m probably forgetting someone, but who really cares

By far, the most disturbing, revolting thing about this whole damned movie had to be: The Weasel.  Crikey, but every moment that f'er was on the screen was just cringe inducing.  To quote Westley-The-Dread-Pirate-Roberts, "Dear God! What is that thing."  

3a50971a3304155160fd69618c790640.gif

RIP, Milton.  You were a true hero....

Anybody wanna lay odds on how long it'll take for fans to start campaigning for Milton merchandise?  Like maybe Milton action figures, showing up in obscure places like some posh little specialty gift shop in Dupont Circle.  Hehe, there needs to be a Milton S.S. t-shirt.

• sh9000 changed the title to The Suicide Squad (Suicide Squad 2) and Peacemaker Series
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...