sh9000

Very much enjoyed the first film. There's a huge hole left by Chadwick Boseman who owned the eponymous character (RIP sir, gone too soon), but I'm curious to see how Shiri steps up to inhabit the role. I'm not a comics reader, so I don't know if there has ever been a female Black Panther prior, but given her and T'challa's differing personalities, it should be interesting. The introduction of Prince Namor should be interesting as well- looks like they're borrowing heavily from ancient South American cultures to inform the look of the Sub-Mariner's people. Little odd, but ok.

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The Iron Heart armor  almost looks like a Q-Rau in that brief sequence and angle...

That's suppose to be the Mark II Ironheart suit or the final suit for this movie. The Mark I is supposed to look more exo-skeleton-like (the poster above with Riri Williams in goggles is the Mark I).

Enjoyed it. The "tribute" to Chadwick was nice. 

Nitpick: 

Spoiler

Riri/Ironheart should have been more than the "in your face reason the Atlanteans are pissed off" only to be "moved to a subplot" plot point. The only mention of Stark being a throw away line too. I am sure they have more plans for her, but it felt forced. 

Good movie. Not groundbreaking, but entertaining. Really felt Boseman in the tributes which, IMO, were well done. Nice action sequences, but it dogged down in spots and it could have used a bit more editing. In fact, the whole arc with Riri could have been cut and it would have lost nothing. In the same vein, it ran a bit too long, and I felt the climactic battle sequence was a little underdone.

Same with recreating the plant to get the Black Panther powers back. It just didn't feel that exciting. But...

Spoiler

...it did lead to a real cool scene with Killmonger, and led into a 'will she' or 'won't she' be a merciful BP or a vengeful one? That scene energized the movie.

On Ironheart, isn't there already a successor to Iron Man, his daughter? I thought I saw that in trailer...