Bandai's TN2018 26th to 28th Oct - Macross Poll

seti88

Macross at TN 2018?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which next DX release would be announced at TN 2018?

2. 2. Which next HMR release would be announced at TN 2018?

• Tomahawk Destroid
    • Phalanx Destroid
    • N-GER battle suit
    • VF-4G FB colors
    • VF-0A/S
    • VF-1EX
    • VF-1J armored (black)
    • Other HMR not mentioned
  3. 3. What new macross merchandise could be shown/prototyped?

• Something from SDFM/DYRL
    • Something from M7
    • Something from M+
    • Something from M0
    • Something from MF
    • Something from MD
    • Something from VF-X game
    • Something from Macross the First
  4. 4. Just to close off it off, will there be macross merchandise at TN.

• Does Macross have singing girls?
    • Macross got dimension bombed! No Macross shown!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/18 at 04:00 PM

Honestly, every section of that poll should be a check box (not radio button).  None of those things are mutually exclusive, as we've had multiple dx and HMR releases for several years.

Also, by "announced" do you mean we get an actual pre-order and release?  Because several of those items have already been teased/announced, we just don't know if/when we will get them.

And they often announce things at the same time.  The DX YF-19 and 1/48 VF-1 were both shown at last year's Tamashii Nations.

Edited by HardlyNever

4 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Honestly, every section of that poll should be a check box (not radio button).  None of those things are mutually exclusive, as we've had multiple dx and HMR releases for several years.
>> The DX/HMR sections track the next release respectively, hence the single choice.

Also, by "announced" do you mean we get an actual pre-order and release?  Because several of those items have already been teased/announced, we just don't know if/when we will get them.

>>Yup

And they often announce things at the same time.  The DX YF-19 and 1/48 VF-1 were both shown at last year's Tamashii Nations.

>> Section 3 is multiple choice, so choose to your hearts content. ;)

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Next DX will almost certainly be the armor for the 31S. I'd also update the HMR poll to change VF1EX into "some other VF1 release"

yeah wanted to put the armor in a separate category (non-valk), but seeing it was pretty much a given, creating a separate section just for it seems pointless..
I put VF-1EX in as it got teased before. Was there another VF-1 teased which i missed? Consider it in the other's tickbox if so.... 

Edited by seti88

Maybe the DX question should be 'assuming the 31 armor is there, what DX surprises would you like to see?'

The Hayao tv 1A, cavaliers 1A (kinda) both have been on display, the 1D was on the voting list and there may have been others I'm not recalling. That's why 'other vf1' seems a better fit but if someone is hoping specifically for the be EX releases, I guess this works.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Maybe the DX question should be 'assuming the 31 armor is there, what DX surprises would you like to see?'

>> That would be best answered by a post here instead of a poll, since 'what' seems quite generic. Section 3 is open ended enough to cover it, followed by your wish posted here perhaps?

The Hayao tv 1A, cavaliers 1A (kinda) both have been on display, the 1D was on the voting list and there may have been others I'm not recalling. That's why 'other vf1' seems a better fit but if someone is hoping specifically for the be EX releases, I guess this works.

>> Yeah, the VF-1EX were the last new HMR VF-1 , i could think of. I don't recall hayao TV1A/cavaliers/1D ever shown before in HMR form...but if you thk it could be one of those, then yeah, tick it as other HMR ...

Ah ok, i also kinda have the armored (black) in the list...i had tot it was a 1J....:p

As for hayao TV1A chalk it up to the other category....

i was fishing for some valks i may have missed in the what's next for bandai thread (before i finalised the poll) but to cover any missed items, just put it as others....:lol:

Edited by seti88

Didn't see this thread, so reposting here:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/nation2018/archives/12684400.html

541d48f8.jpg

印象的なドクロマーク!

最近、額にこのようなドクロ意匠がついているロボの商品も発表したばかりですが、これはちょっと違いますね。この画像は、局部的にクローズアップしたものですので、全体像については近日の情報公開をお待ちください。

ヒントは、「19」や「1」に続く、あのプロジェクトの新ラインナップ……!?
「R」のつくあのブランドから登場します。

"R"? 

as in HM-R? 

or something else? 

Edited by treatment

Could be the vf-4g in Flashback 2012 colors for HMR?  The color scheme is right, but the shape is wrong, so I'm not sure.  Unless that is gray on the right side of the pic ?  It is a possibility.

Otherwise, it looks like just another dyrl Hikaru release, but HMR already has his  DYRL VF-1S and VF-1A out, so I don't know what else it could be.

Maybe a 1/48 VF-1S tease?

The "appears with the brand R" definitely seems to imply HM-R.  The "19 or 1" is super confusing, though.  "1?"  What doesn't have a 1 in it?

Just now, HardlyNever said:

The "19 or 1" is super confusing, though.  "1?"  What doesn't have a 1 in it?

newest announcement following the YF-19 or VF-1J maybe??

Otherwise that line would lead to thoughts of "21"(after 19 and 1)

sure looks like a VF-4 tailfin... any other Black/Red Skull Squadron tail design that's got a red horizontal stripe?

Edited by slide

41 minutes ago, Sildani said:

The Arcadia VF-4 didn’t do much for me, but an HM-R model, at HM-R prices, I’d go for. 

It looks really nice in fighter mode but I never transformed mine so I can’t speak for battroid or gerwalk; wasn’t crazy about the pics I’ve seen. 

Been almost 3 years since they teased the HMR version.  Hopefully pics are allowed this time.

Refresher or the newer peeps. From October 2015. On the right:

post-197-0-96644300-1446167438.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

IIRC the podcast at the time, the VF-4 wasn't just a 3D print job like the DX VF-19Kai is second from the left... so I'd be optimistic that it really is in the pipeline. That said, we know the Phalanx and Tomahawk have been fully engineered, and the N-Ger was rumored to be an actual mock-up as well. Man, I want so many toys.... :D

Edited by jenius

In 2 weeks... all will be known...

Okay, looking at it again, I think the cryptic line is just another tease of an HMR VF-4. Following the 19 and the 1, in a line that has the R... 

Maybe this is just me trying to keep my hopes down.

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, jenius said:

In 2 weeks... all will be known...

Okay, looking at it again, I think the cryptic line is just another tease of an HMR VF-4. Following the 19 and the 1, in a line that has the R... 

Maybe this is just me trying to keep my hopes down.

In that case, get your ammunition locked and loaded for the onslaught of new goodies to be released! ^_^