Jump to content

The Mandalorian - Star Wars webseries from Jon Favreau


Recommended Posts

I try to avoid the threads that have shows I haven't watched yet anyway, but at least a week for spoilers sounds reasonable. I usually wait until my weekend in order to watch them, but that's Mon-Tue and not Sat-Sun, so it takes me a few extra days to get to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once it airs, fair game. If you want to avoid spoilers, I dunno... maybe avoid threads relating to said things?

Its a different thing when someone posts publically or posts in an unrelated thread or Facebook post.

I'm tired of serving the lowest common denominator. Just be a a big boy/girl and stay away from that part of the forum. 

I have spoken.

Edited by Kurisama
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mog said:

So, is there a workaround to type in spoilers or hide comments when using a cell phone?

It’d be nice to have the spoiler button on the mobile version(?) of the boards.

‘Talkin to Shawn about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thom said:
  Hide contents

Is this really a hassle..?

 

Well typing in the spoiler in brackets thing doesn’t seem to work anymore. Unless I’m doing it wrong. I tried a couple different ways and it doesn’t seem to work now. 
How are you doing it?

Chris

Edited by Dobber
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kurisama said:

Once it airs, fair game. If you want to avoid spoilers, I dunno... maybe avoid threads relating to said things?

Its a different thing when someone posts publically or posts in an unrelated thread or Facebook post.

I'm tired of serving the lowest common denominator. Just be a a big boy/girl and stay away from that part of the forum. 

I have spoken.

I feel the same way.   When it comes to the subject of Macross I can talk about it all day even if episodes of are more than 20 years old.   When the subject is something else my interest is more time limited.  The time that I'm most interested in talking about an episode (of any show) is before the next episode airs.

It is one thing to mention spoilers from a leak pirated copy before an official release date.  If your favorite program new episode comes out every Thursday but you know that you won't be able to watch it till next Saturday then don't seek out the latest news on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dobber said:

Well typing in the spoiler in brackets thing doesn’t seem to work anymore. Unless I’m doing it wrong. I tried a couple different ways and it doesn’t seem to work now. 
How are you doing it?

Chris

I don't know what system you're using. I'm on a desktop. While in the dialogue box, on the upper right there is the 'eye' icon. Type your test, highlight the line and click that 'eye.'

Another option is just to change the color of the text to something that better blends in to the background. You can see it easily by highlighting the text. A big SPOILER at the top always helps.;)

As for doing so, I do it just for common courtesy. Never had a problem with it before and I wonder why people have a problem even just putting a SPOILER warning at the top of their post. Doing either way literally takes no more time and, again, is just courteous. And actually, I've always thought the way they do it here was a pretty neat approach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m using either my phone or iPad. Both are iOS. Never been had a problem before making things hidden with the bracket method. Don’t see any icons to use. As for typing spoiler above a post yeah that can be done and it’s better than nothing, but can still be read accidentally by some especially if it’s quoted. No option for color change either. 
 

Chris

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dobber said:

I’m using either my phone or iPad. Both are iOS. Never been had a problem before making things hidden with the bracket method. Don’t see any icons to use. As for typing spoiler above a post yeah that can be done and it’s better than nothing, but can still be read accidentally by some especially if it’s quoted. No option for color change either. 
 

Chris

I noticed it after the last forum update, but the spoiler BBC no longer works. Which is a shame since I tend to write long posts via notepad and just copy/paste.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dobber said:

I’m using either my phone or iPad. Both are iOS. Never been had a problem before making things hidden with the bracket method. Don’t see any icons to use. As for typing spoiler above a post yeah that can be done and it’s better than nothing, but can still be read accidentally by some especially if it’s quoted. No option for color change either. 
 

Chris

Oh, bummer! Hate when they 'update' something and remove something that is useful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dobber said:

I’m using either my phone or iPad. Both are iOS. Never been had a problem before making things hidden with the bracket method. Don’t see any icons to use. As for typing spoiler above a post yeah that can be done and it’s better than nothing, but can still be read accidentally by some especially if it’s quoted. No option for color change either.

iPadOS should be fine since Safari acts like the desktop version. It's on iOS where the problem comes up. And with no BBCode support, options are limited for mobile phone users.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few funny moments here and there at the beginning, but it was definitely a meh episode.

And if the next episode involves Manaan and kolto, we'll know they've been cribbing notes from KOTOR.

Lastly,

Spoiler

Baby Yoda is starting to be a dick.  Kinda a messed up that he kept eating the frog eggs and then ate one of those kinrath spider eggs. 

Kid's appetite got them into some trouble.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting to wonder if Mando might be force sensitive.   My reasons? In multiple episodes from one scene to the next he's either killing someone that's barely a threat to him in cold blood or risking his life as favor to people that he doesn't know.   Does he sense the good or evil in people's hearts or what?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well. . .

Spoiler

 

Mama Frog called out Mando on his "Mando's keeping their word" code stuff.

Plus, they got chased because of Mando's previous actions, not because of anything Mama Frog did.

Plus, he probably felt bad about Baby Yoda eating her potential offspring.

So, threaten his kid or try to take his armor, you're dead.  Treat him reasonably, no need to kill.

 

Besides. . .

Spoiler

We know Baby Yoda is pulling some BS Jedi mind-tricking crap on Mando.  Them beskar helmets don't block out the Force ala Magneto's helmet! :p

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mog said:

A few funny moments here and there at the beginning, but it was definitely a meh episode.

And if the next episode involves Manaan and kolto, we'll know they've been cribbing notes from KOTOR.

Lastly,

  Hide contents

Baby Yoda is starting to be a dick.  Kinda a messed up that he kept eating the frog eggs and then ate one of those kinrath spider eggs. 

Kid's appetite got them into some trouble.

 

I was thinking the same thing about the Child.

Chris

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Plot twist!

  Reveal hidden contents

Baby Yoda is a SITH

 

-b.

ZOMG!!!

Spoiler

 

It all makes sense now!  Baby Yoda is that petulant teen who rebels against everything his parents stand for! 

He probably feels that Yoda and Yaddle spent too much time working at the Jedi Council and not enough time taking care of him.

So, what would be the best way to "stick it" to his "model" Jedi parents?  Become of Sith!

Brilliant!

So, will Father Figure Din have to go Good Will Hunting on Baby Yoda ("It's not your fault, Baby Yo'.")? 

Put a cap in him, Old Yeller style? 

Or go full-on Palpatine manipulator?

 

:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mog said:

ZOMG!!!

  Hide contents

 

It all makes sense now!  Baby Yoda is that petulant teen who rebels against everything his parents stand for! 

He probably feels that Yoda and Yaddle spent too much time working at the Jedi Council and not enough time taking care of him.

So, what would be the best way to "stick it" to his "model" Jedi parents?  Become of Sith!

Brilliant!

So, will Father Figure Din have to go Good Will Hunting on Baby Yoda ("It's not your fault, Baby Yo'.")? 

Put a cap in him, Old Yeller style? 

Or go full-on Palpatine manipulator?

 

:lol:

:lol:

Hopefully they don't go full-on "subvert the audience's expectations"! 

 

5 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Great looking episode with fun action but they really need to amp the story up some.

 

3 hours ago, Kurisama said:

Pure filler, boring episode that added nothing at all, sad to say. Just scenes of him wandering, pondering through a quiet ship. 

Partially agree with both of you, I enjoyed seeing the 

Spoiler

New Republic and seeing the X-Wings in action, but the story didn't have all of the easter eggs or obvious connection to a larger storyline.

That said, some of this episode could pay off later in the season though. Like we've already joked about I'm having a hard time understanding why they made Baby Yoda such a greedy little bastard and in effect cause the major conflict in this episode, not to mention eating Frog Lady's kids...

-b.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, azrael said:

Filler episode. :lazy:

Most episodes of season 1 were like this. Him going to some planet, making some acquaintances and then leaving, or making some side quests. It wasn't until the few last episodes that the overarching story started to appear.

I don't expect this season to be any different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Most episodes of season 1 were like this. Him going to some planet, making some acquaintances and then leaving, or making some side quests. It wasn't until the few last episodes that the overarching story started to appear.

I don't expect this season to be any different.

Exactly. But that said, I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see more of that over-arching theme appear a little bit sooner. 

My complaint is that the episodes are too short, can we get an hour each please Disney +????

-b.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2020 at 3:01 AM, Mog said:

A few funny moments here and there at the beginning, but it was definitely a meh episode.

And if the next episode involves Manaan and kolto, we'll know they've been cribbing notes from KOTOR.

Lastly,

  Hide contents

Baby Yoda is starting to be a dick.  Kinda a messed up that he kept eating the frog eggs and then ate one of those kinrath spider eggs. 

Kid's appetite got them into some trouble.

 

Spoiler

Just caught up with S2E2....100% agree, Yoda eating embryos was funny the first time....chuckled the 2nd....then it just got old and disturbing by the end...

Another "filler" episode.....not sure if anything on this episode even mattered....."Boba's" scene was the big reveal on S2E1.....Trying to figure out what was worth anything on this episode and could only come up with the small bit of info concerning the "New Republic" and their "Outer Rim" patrols......the first episode was an "homage" to Jaws....this one clearly "borrowed" from the Alien franchise....what's next? Nightmare on Elm Street? ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jvmacross said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Just caught up with S2E2....100% agree, Yoda eating embryos was funny the first time....chuckled the 2nd....then it just got old and disturbing by the end...

Another "filler" episode.....not sure if anything on this episode even mattered....."Boba's" scene was the big reveal on S2E1.....Trying to figure out what was worth anything on this episode and could only come up with the small bit of info concerning the "New Republic" and their "Outer Rim" patrols......the first episode was an "homage" to Jaws....this one clearly "borrowed" from the Alien franchise....what's next? Nightmare on Elm Street? ;)

 

Gremlins.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else think that the X-wings in the latest episode looked...off, somehow?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Bo-Katan!  And Mandos kicking Imperial ass!!

:yahoo:

Short ep, but extremely fun and on point.

Spoiler

Pretty obvious what Bo wants to get back.  And hopefully, next week we get a straight shot to that forest planet Bo sent Mando towards and no side quest/detour because of damage to the Crest.

 

Edited by Mog
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a non-spoiler complaint.  The cameos and casting choices for the walk on roles.  A character appears says a line or two and I'm taken out on the story because the actor doesn't really fit the Star Wars feel.   Because the actor wasn't casted because they fit the part but because they're friend of the production or work behind the scenes.   

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

A character appears says a line or two and I'm taken out on the story because the actor doesn't really fit the Star Wars feel.   Because the actor wasn't casted because they fit the part but because they're friend of the production or work behind the scenes.   

I didn't mind Trapper Wolf's brief cameo at the end of Chapter 6, but I was not expecting him to be back in Chapter 10... :unsure:

However, I'm always delighted to see a voice-actor from The Clone Wars get to portray their character in live-action. :good:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...