This week's episode is pretty much part 1 or prologue to the season finale, assuming episodes 7 & 8 are the last episodes this season. At least the story is heading to the season finale. It was a good episode but since we are barreling toward the season finale, if things didn't pick up by now, I would have been very disappointed.

Also Ugnaught speech... "I have spoken.", I assume, translates to "PERIOD.", "NOW.", "FINAL ANSWER".

Just caught up with the latest Mandalorian episode....seemed like it was a ridiculous and forced plot-line to make Din and Bo-Katan (the viewers) need to wait until the very end to meet-up with her former crew.....made no sense at all

As for the guest-stars and their respective characters......they seemed straight out of a cartoon episode of Droids or Ewoks....

Not really a complaint but is this even Din's show anymore? I get The Mandalorian is vague, and he was undoubtedly The Mandalorian in season 1 and 2, but now? 

Spoiler

The Dark Saber thing was a bit half-assed, I mean, I guess it's a technicality, and all Bo's former allies are just good with it? I guess. Not the strongest season, and the Jack Black and Lizzo thing was meh, Lloyd was awesome, I remember reading months ago he was involved in the new season to some capacity, and there you go! Was he about to name drop Anakin? Seemed nearly so, as if him and other Separatists knew Dooku died to his hands, interesting. 

3 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Not really a complaint but is this even Din's show anymore? I get The Mandalorian is vague, and he was undoubtedly The Mandalorian in season 1 and 2, but now? 

Hide contents

The Dark Saber thing was a bit half-assed, I mean, I guess it's a technicality, and all Bo's former allies are just good with it? I guess. Not the strongest season, and the Jack Black and Lizzo thing was meh, Lloyd was awesome, I remember reading months ago he was involved in the new season to some capacity, and there you go! Was he about to name drop Anakin? Seemed nearly so, as if him and other Separatists knew Dooku died to his hands, interesting. 

Yeah...would make sense that Darth Sidious would want that to get out...especially among the Separatists....cultivating hate is a handy tool in the Sith playbook!

On 3/30/2023 at 1:55 AM, Roy Focker said:

Is Mando even the star of this show any more? He had a quest during the first 1.5 episodes and since then he's just going along for the ride.

I'm asking now if this was ever meant to be Star Wars, or if it was simply prolong bait to eventually continue Feloni's cartoon show.

1 minute ago, Raikkonen said:

I'm asking now if this was ever meant to be Star Wars, or if it was simply prolong bait to eventually continue Feloni's cartoon show.

Clone Wars and Rebels at their best were some of the best Star Wars ever produced, don't let anyone convince you otherwise.  At their worst?  Well lets just say Jack Black and Lizzo ruling a utopian planet controlled by Doc Brown's droids is not out of place.  Continuing the Mandalorian story arc from across both series into Live action is not in and of itself a bad idea.  However, it's becoming obvious that Filoni and Favreu believe that cameo's, fan service, and the Ragnanok style of Marvel siliness is the recipe for success.  I couldn't disagree more strongly.

I enjoyed the last episode. It's getting more and more interesting. Ya

Spoiler

I remember when Bo Katan killed the orgodroid crab mech dude, she used the dark saber. I remember scratching my head over that one. But I thought she'd really  get it in a more dramatic way. I thought that scene was just a fluke, meant to throw us off. Apparently the writers don't want a conflict between Din and Bo ..

The cameos amused me as well. Now Loyd has done ST & SW..! I wasn't really bothered by the cameos. They're just part of the many already and more to come. You guys remember this is Disney , right?

If there’s been one consistent thread with live-action Bo, it’s been that she doesn’t want to kill a fellow Mando.

Even when Boba and Koska were going at it, she made them both squash it before it got out of hand.  She ain’t above being snarky as hell, but she draws the line at killing a fellow Beskar wearer.

Considering her whole backstory, it makes sense that she doesn’t want to kill any more Mandalorians.

9 hours ago, levzloi said:

Clone Wars and Rebels at their best were some of the best Star Wars ever produced, don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

The thing about Filoni's cartoons is they are cartoons. It is a different form of media. Rules that apply to making a good cartoon episode isn't the same for making a good tv show, movie, novel or comic book. Cartoons are still written for children. They have children going along in the adventures because they are in a cartoon. As an audience we accept things like this because we know we're watching a cartoon. That doesn't apply for something made for an older audience. 

Worst they assume everyone has been following the cartoons. The casual fan doesn't follow all forms of Star Wars media. These live-action series will just throw in characters and plots from the cartoons with hardly any explanation or setup. Like these cartoons the Filoni TV shows do have some good episodes, but majority of them has become a cartoon. I like to see Filoni move away from his cartoon universe that he's been using a crutch. 

9 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Worst they assume everyone has been following the cartoons.

This is the main problem with what they've been doing. Most of us haven't seen them, or at least all of them. I find myself having to dig through Wookiepedia to find out what's going on.

13 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Cartoons are still written for children.

Gonna have to disagree with you there.  Especially on a website dedicated to a cartoon that all of us adults love.  The Clone Wars on the whole were not written for children anymore than The Mandalorian is.  Is it written as family entertainment?  Absolutely.  Is some of it pretty childish?  Yes, but there are also very adult themes, and lots of death, not the kind of things you find in kids shows.  Just like some people mistakenly claim that Star Wars in general is for kids.  How many kids shows feature dismemberment and the burning corpses of the main characters parents  on the front porch.  George Lucas, who was behind The Clone Wars before Disney bought Lucasfilm and canceled it, described it as a PG-13 cartoon.  So you can reasonably state that people perceive cartoons as being for children, but I don't think you can unequivocally state that cartoons are written for children. 

12 minutes ago, levzloi said:

The Clone Wars on the whole were not written for children anymore than The Mandalorian is. 

Oh, The Clone Wars was definitely written for children. There's no shame in admitting this and still liking it.

57 minutes ago, Duke Togo said:

Oh, The Clone Wars was definitely written for children. There's no shame in admitting this and still liking it.

Again, both The Clone Wars and The Mandalorian are written for families, there's a big difference between being written for children and being written for families. 

The clone wars started out MUCH more for children with the ability for families to watch.  As with the Harry Potter books they matured as they (and the audience) went along.  The same pattern happened with Rebels though in a much reduced (real world) time span.

9 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

The clone wars started out MUCH more for children with the ability for families to watch.  As with the Harry Potter books they matured as they (and the audience) went along.  The same pattern happened with Rebels though in a much reduced (real world) time span.

I'll buy that in general, although it might have more to do with an evolution of their writing, ability to tell stories, and the evolution of what The Clone Wars was.  It started out as an anthology of short story arcs featuring different characters and not even written in chronological order.  It ended up being the Anakin Obi Wan and Ahsoka show which was in my opinion far superior.  Again, in my opinion the writing of the final four episodes of The Clone Wars was superior to pretty much anything Filloni has put out in the live action series so far. 

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Don’t forget Rex and the boys!

I humbly beg forgiveness, the clones were the true stars of the series, and the journey of echo (as the only survivor of his squad of trainee's) and his brothers is both tragic and heartwarming.   

Seriously, seeing Fives rise up the ranks and then what happens after is still a nut-punch.

There’s a line in Tales of the Jedi about Jesse tagging Ahsoka that is both amusing and sad at the same time (knowing what happens later).

ROTS hinted at the relationship between the Jedi and their clone troopers.  But Clone Wars went in great detail to show how deep that bond was and humanized those clones into people we actually cared for.

Edited by Mog

Bo Katan is an actual character, Din barely is so I'm okay with a more interesting Mandalorian taking center stage. Din's motivation was forgiveness for his helmet thing, achieved, now we get to finish off the Bo Katan stuff from Clone Wars and Rebels, fantastic IMO. 

17 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

I'd be ok if we never saw Boba Fett again. 

I’d be okay if we never see benign, kind and gentle daimyo Boba Fett ever again.

Now if we see the bastard that wrecked Stormtroopers and just straight up shot Bib without any hesitation?  I’d be fine seeing that guy.

So, they’re gonna call

Spoiler

Sabine to make a new “Duchess” to clear out the Stormie infestation on Mandalore, right?

Or is Grogu gonna ask the Mythosaur to lay waste to the base?

This show is just silly.

That Imperial woman in the rehab program on Coruscant makes a report to the Imperials confirming that she's been their agent the entire time. She does this in a dirty alley in the middle of the night. Not too far from a street. Neighborhood doesn't look too deserted. Chances of some random person stumbling on this is just too great.

Commanding Imperial types have a zoom meeting to setup spin offs and react to news of the Mandalorians latest exploits.  All of this Mandalorian stuff is just very cartoonish. Which is where it came from. This show is made by 10-year-olds for 10-year olds.

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

All of this Mandalorian stuff is just very cartoonish. Which is where it came from. This show is made by 10-year-olds for 10-year olds.

Anything Filoni is involved in is going to skew more towards a young audience. Notice he isn't even a producer on Andor and how much more adult it is.

If only Din would have called in for an assist from Luke Skywalker....that whole debacle would have been over as soon as it started...

With that said....now that resurrecting all the "good" parts of the old EU is ramping up....what are the odds that before all is said and done...we will finally get to see Luke down an AT-AT or entire Star Destroyer using the Force alone?

swdehcp3.jpg

How exactly is the "new" dark trooper suit unveiled by Moff Gideon "better" than the Dark Troopers seen at the end of Season 2?......the Dark Troopers seem pretty indestructible....only a Jedi was able to defeat them...the new suit seems even easier to defeat....especially when Luke or another Jedi/Force user can simply use the Force to crush the suits' "contents"....makes no sense....perhaps I missed some detail brought up during the scene?

Edited by jvmacross