23 hours ago, pablumatic said:

Absolutely everybody survived the sail barge/sarlacc, didn't they?  When does Jabba come back?

Pretty sure Boba survived , mostly, because of his armor. Everyone else was digested. Lol. I know your making fun. But Boba survived the Sarlacc pit way before mouse ears bought Lucasfilm. 

23 minutes ago, Big s said:

I don’t know about anyone actually dying from being digested. Wasn’t it some ridiculousy long time like a century or something before that happens.

Asphyxiation should have done him in after about a minute or so.  Does his suit have an oxygen supply?   

51 minutes ago, Thom said:

I wish they had continued with those kind of asides.

On the contrary, Star Wars is not Marvel.  Despite the pulpy/western nature of the Mandalorian, those goofy fan service humor scenes are exactly what they need to be most careful with.  Humor is fine in Star Wars, but it needs to be appropriate and used like a scalpel not a club like they tried in the Sequels.  Just my opinion

29 minutes ago, levzloi said:

On the contrary, Star Wars is not Marvel.  Despite the pulpy/western nature of the Mandalorian, those goofy fan service humor scenes are exactly what they need to be most careful with.  Humor is fine in Star Wars, but it needs to be appropriate and used like a scalpel not a club like they tried in the Sequels.  Just my opinion

Definitely this.  So far, they haven't crossed the line, and I pray they don't get carried away.

1 hour ago, levzloi said:

Agreed.  Moderation is always key. A little more would have been good though.

I laughed at the Scout troopers, but then again I also laughed at Poe mocking Hux in the beginning of The Last Jedi, the first time anyway, the two times I've seen it since then, the scene hurts my brain.  When I think of humor in Star Wars, the scene that always comes to mind is 3PO trying to keep up with Han and Leia while evacuating Hoth Base.  My favorite bit is where the door closes, and 3PO says "how typical"  then Han opens the door and drags him through.  Always makes me smile if not laugh.  The scene worked because 3PO was consistently a prissy inflexible protocol droid, and the others reacted to him consistently as a prissy inflexible protocol droid.  In the example with Hux and Poe, I don't really have a problem with Poe as a wise cracking pilot, the "who talks first" bit from The Force Awakens actually worked really well.  But then the powerful, insidious, resourceful, clever, tactical genius reacts to a "can you here me now routine" and a "your mama" joke like a petulant 13 year old who was just griefed playing call of duty.  Just doesn't work for me.  Then there is the whole of Finn's character being played for laughs, just stupid.  Sorry for the rant, humor and overall change of tone is my primary grievance with the Disney Star Wars sequels, and I was/am still very nervous about Jon Favreau and TTaika Waititi's involvement in these new Disney Plus series.  I've been very happy so far, but I really hope they don't try to make it into Iron Man or Thor Ragnarok.

Edited by levzloi

I did get a smirk-laugh when Boba said he couldn't volunteer for the Imperial base infiltration, because "They might recognize my face."

Dry humor which was appropriate for the scene, is somewhat plausible for the character to say, and a fun little inside joke for Star Wars fans to get.