4 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Hamil's performance seem off too.  His lines were very simple and almost, emotionless.  Maybe he suppose to be in a super calm peaceful Jedi Master state.  I watched it and think maybe his performance was limited by technology.

Did they de-age his voice too?  Because normally he sounds like one of Marge's sisters.

38 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

My only complaint is he didn't pry open the doors with the force and say:

"I'm Luke Skywalker and I'm here to rescue you."

With all the Easter eggs in the show (TPS reports for example) I would have died with joy if he said "Come with me if you want to live".

6 minutes ago, Wolf-1 said:

Out of all of his "LEO" roles, this was the closest to his sidekick gig in Gone in 60 Seconds (remake), he was "flying around on spaceships"; should have had the, "Are you alright? Are you sure, cause you were just swallowed by a dragon." 

:lol:

Overall, extremely pleased with this series.  I know those here have pointed to several things they wanted improved on or disagreed with, none of which I'm going to rehash.  The only thing I found annoying was..... are they really going to steal the Harry Potter Elder wand background and plop that onto the dark saber?  Perhaps I misinterpreted?

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Or probably what @Dax415 is pointing out is that you have to beat the owner to possess it like the Elder Wand in HP? That is if I understand correctly his comment.

Not entirely:

In HP the ElderWand only answers to (read works at full capacity for) the rightful owner which is established through a form of conflict or combat. Harry just beat up Draco and stole his normal wand and that made Harry the rightful owner of the Elder Wand and why he could beat it when even Voldemort was using it against him.

The Dark Saber is...as Gideon says in the ep...about the story of attaining it. Though Bo did originally have it because someone GAVE it to her, so there is a contradiction there. But think of it like Klingons or some other warrior group, the story for obtaining the symbol is nearly as important to the symbol itself. The saber itself won’t give you any special powers or abilities even if you do win it in combat. Just a symbol, that apparently needs a good story to go with it to add legitimacy, but if you just found it laying on the ground somewhere lost, you’d still have a claim to rule. If you just stole it from someone the Mando’s would likely think that as dishonorable. 

Chris

Edited by Dobber

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Or probably what @Dax415 is pointing out is that you have to beat the owner to possess it like the Elder Wand in HP? That is if I understand correctly his comment.

Yeah, that's what I was confused with.... especially when Gideon says the sword itself has no energy.... i thought he was saying it was like the elder wand where the sword was only gonna respond to the person who defeated the prior owner in combat.   Thought they were gonna "recent" trilogy it and add a few liberties to the lore of the dark saber.

7 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Not entirely:

In HP the ElderWand only answers to (read works at full capacity for) the rightful owner which is established through a form of conflict or combat. Harry just beat up Draco and stole his normal wand and that made Harry the rightful owner of the Elder Wand and why he could beat it when even Voldemort was using it against him.

The Dark Saber is...as Gideon says in the ep...about the story of attaining it. Though Bo did originally have it because someone GAVE it to her, so there is a contradiction there. But think of it like Klingons or some other warrior group, the story for obtaining the symbol is nearly as important to the symbol itself. The saber itself won’t give you any special powers or abilities even if you do win it in combat. Just a symbol, that apparently needs a good story to go with it to add legitimacy.

Chris

I'm sure they will explain it.  So far, they've done a good job explaining a lot of questions that have popped up throughout the series....for example they found a way to explain why Mando refuses to take off his helmet when others before had no problem with it.  They've explained whether or not Jango and Boba are Mandalorians or not....well, sort of, now it's sort of muddled again, lol!

I wonder if Favreau and Filoni have it all planned out so that as the show progresses, it makes fans ask certain questions, then answer them in subsequent episodes.  Or maybe they are watching social media and spotting things that they need to address?

Most of the episodes involving the Darksaber in Clone Wars and Rebels are actually pretty damn good.

The first few arcs are kinda dumb (pacifist Mando's? :acute::bad:), but then the subsequent stories get good.

That's why a bunch of us were giddy like schoolgirls during the Season 1 finale:  there was already a lot of story and lore told where the Darksaber was involved.  So, it was cool to see the weapon make a jump into live action.

4 minutes ago, Mog said:

Most of the episodes involving the Darksaber in Clone Wars and Rebels are actually pretty damn good.

The first few arcs are kinda dumb (pacifist Mando's? :acute::bad:), but then the subsequent stories get good.

That's why a bunch of us were giddy like schoolgirls during the Season 1 finale:  there was already a lot of story and lore told where the Darksaber was involved.  So, it was cool to see the weapon make a jump into live action.

To be honest, I'm probably one of the few who hasn't follow the lore 100% since I haven't watch any of the Clone Wars and Rebels shows. What I do like though is that even though I'm really not into that lore 100%, the show is not that hard to understand without the knowledge or backstory from the animated shows. And my son and I are always having a blast watching episode per episode. :good: 

I'm sure I've posted these before, but:

And probably one of the most brutal fights where the Darksaber was involved (MASSIVE spoilers):

Spoiler

Love how Maul really didn't use any Force powers (until the fight was already won), while Pre Vizla tried to pull out every trick in the Mando arsenal.

10 minutes ago, Mog said:

I'm sure I've posted these before, but:

And probably one of the most brutal fights where the Darksaber was involved (MASSIVE spoilers):

Hide contents

Love how Maul really didn't use any Force powers (until the fight was already won), while Pre Vizla tried to pull out every trick in the Mando arsenal.

No "outsider" will ever rule Mandalore.....hope that doesn't include "foundlings"

32 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

No "outsider" will ever rule Mandalore.....hope that doesn't include "foundlings"

Outsider really applies to anyone who doesn’t follow the code...or the “Way”. Din would be accepted, as many Mandalorians are not FROM Mandalor. A Mandalorian is not necessarily a race but more of a way of life that one commits to. That’s why Bo objected to Boba. Jango would’ve been accepted as he was a foundling, but Boba never swore any fealty to the Mandalorian way.

Chris

1 minute ago, Dobber said:

Outsider really applies to anyone who doesn’t follow the code...or the “Way”. Din would be accepted, as many Mandalorians are not FROM Mandalor. A Mandalorian is not necessarily a race but more of a way of life that one commits to. That’s why Bo objected to Boba. Jango would’ve been accepted as he was a foundling, but Boba never swore any fealty to the Mandalorian way.

Chris

Which Mandalorian "Way" are you referring to?....apparently there are several and "followed" differently...;)   And we never heard "This is the Way" until we met Din and his "sect" of Mandalorians.....sure, the last we saw of Din seems to imply that his "ways" may have softened....but is that for the long term?  Will he renounce his "ways" when he is reunited with his covert again?  Is he automatically already shunned based on his actions?  How strict are his ways?  Who knows....but based on the past...it seems like civil war is a Mandalorian past-time!  Looking forward to what Season 3 brings us...

4 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

With all the talk of bringing dead people back can they bring back admiral akbar?  They did him dirty.

The sequel trilogy did Star Wars dirty. <_<

Ackbar has a pivotal role in the Mon Cala arc of The Clone Wars (at the beginning of season 2).  Check it out, if you haven't already. ^_^

star-wars-the-clone-wars-season-4-admira