4 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

I won't give away any big spoilers but the name of the Episode is called "The Jedi" and you can figure out that he does meet a "Jedi."

I have an issue with the Jedi outside of the movies.  Everything we learned from the original trilogy tells us that Obi-wan and Yoda were all that was left of the Jedi. 

As far as they were concerned, they were the only 2 Jedi left. Obi-wan and Yoda knew there were others but searching for them would be foolish and dangerous.  Better for them to all go underground. Don't search for each other.

4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

And I'm 100% cool with that! Clone Wars, Rebels, and The Mandalorian are way better than the sequel trilogy.

It's been much more imaginative than the entire sequel trilogy for sure.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:
  Hide contents

... The episode just opened up a whole new can of worms....

Best not to think of the sequel trilogy. I'm sure Faveru and Filoni aren't.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:
  Hide contents

...and Ahsoka asking about Thrawn....does that mean he is out and about....wonder what that means for Ezra's status?

Spoiler

If Thrawn survived, then there is a chance Ezra survived. If Ezra survived and is still out there, they owe it to him to at least search for him.

3 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Freaking LOVED this episode! Kind of think this is before the last part of Rebels as in that scene she seemed to have a direction to go. I do wonder if She knows about Luke. Still find it odd that neither Grief nor Cara ever heard of Jedi before. Grief is a vividly old enough to have lived during the Republic era, even before the Clone Wars. While people may not have SEEN a Jedi or believed in the tales of their abilities, one surely had at least heard of them....especially at his age. Cara on the other hand could possibly be excused as ever hearing of Jedi before due to her younger age and possibly isolation...BUT....surely as a former Rebel, scuttlebutt had to get out to all the Rebels that they had a Jedi with them now and he blew up the Death Star at Yavin or even at least some crazy dude who THINKS he’s a Jedi blew up the Death Star etc. I bring this up becuase, as I wondered, 

Hide contents

Ahsoka has heard anything...rumors or other wise...of Luke SKYWALKER.

Also, loved the music in this episode....playing Ahsoka’s theme and such. Really hit the feels. The Mando’s think they are in limited number....the Jedi are FAR worse off.

Also...Michael Been! Noice! 

Luke is safe amongst the New Republic. But as that rebel pilot noted is Chapter 12 (last week's episode), the New Republic is still not fully aware of what is happening outside the core worlds. They're still blind out in the farther reaches of the galaxy.

5 hours ago, azrael said:

Best not to think of the sequel trilogy. I'm sure Faveru and Filoni aren't.

Yeah...you can certainly pretend it never happened, but as long as it remains canon, every show Lucasfilm releases that takes place before the events of the ST is simply just a show heading towards that mess....the journey in this case is turning out to be much more enjoyable than the destination

What a fantastic episode. I'm really enjoying how Filoni, Favreau, and the rest of the team are creating strong bonds across the SW mythos.

Spoiler

It was really something seeing Ahsoka in live action, though. Loved it just as much as seeing Bo Katan.

I've also been watching the Star Wars Theory recaps. The blurb for this episode brought up something I missed: Morai. Very cool.

Loved the little touch with the reverse saber grip.  That’s kinda that Jedi’s thing, and I’m surprised that the Jedi didn’t bust out that style sooner.

Also was a trip to see the Inosanto name in the credits.  Looks like the Magistrate was played by Dan Inosanto’s daughter.

So far, the Mandalorian is refusing to displease me!:angry:

Spoiler

Dawson as Ahsoka in this was just awesome! Loved it, especially her beginning fight with the goons and the way she just melted into the fog. Very wraith-like. And those twin white lightsabers were super cool. It will be interesting to see if they bring the Thrawn plot fully into this alongside Gideon's? I could see the two of them going head to head for control of the Imperial Remnant. Another question would be, who would play him?

And Grogu! Damn he was cute whenever he responded to his name. I wasn't feeling the name at first, until I thought about it and it does fit. It sounds the opposite of Yoda, whereas as that has an uplift and Grogu kind of drops down, but keeps the two syllables.

I do wish Michael Biehn had more to do though than speak a few lines and get shot dead. That could have been just an anonymous thug, though maybe he wanted to have at least some part in the series? Who wouldn't?!

Also Ahsoka's fight with the Magistrate was great. I like how she evened the odds by not using her Force powers. Very much like honor among enemies, which was fitting with the Japanese motif. Also cool that that was Bruce Lee's granddaughter! I just wonder how she ended up after losing to Ahsoka..?

I don't know, I kept getting the vibe that Ahsoka was going to, in end, say that she was no Jedi.

And as to Fennec, I wonder if those boots may have belonged to Boba Fett...

Edited by Thom

2 hours ago, Thom said:

That was DARK man!:shok:

Yup.  :) The Robot Chicken Star Wars specials are totally worth it.  To be fair Anakin to the darkside is both the point of the prequels, and their greatest failing.  Even though the Clone Wars showed an increasingly dark side to Anakin as they progressed, the leap from "This child is a blessing" to "do what must be done" was just not believable in my opinion.  And goes way beyond bad acting and direction, that was just bad writing.  But getting a little off topic here.

On 11/28/2020 at 5:52 AM, TangledThorns said:

Though I think the episode is awesome I'm also a TERMINATOR and ALIENS fan and was kidna disappointed with Michael Biehn's role in the series. He did well but wished there was more, especially since he was Johnny Ringo in Tombstone.

Yeah I was hoping he'd be a recurring character.   Maybe someone will share their force energy with him and resurrect him?  Lol...

On 11/28/2020 at 10:28 AM, Thom said:

So far, the Mandalorian is refusing to displease me!:angry:

Hide contents

Dawson as Ahsoka in this was just awesome! Loved it, especially her beginning fight with the goons and the way she just melted into the fog. Very wraith-like. And those twin white lightsabers were super cool. It will be interesting to see if they bring the Thrawn plot fully into this alongside Gideon's? I could see the two of them going head to head for control of the Imperial Remnant. Another question would be, who would play him?

And Grogu! Damn he was cute whenever he responded to his name. I wasn't feeling the name at first, until I thought about it and it does fit. It sounds the opposite of Yoda, whereas as that has an uplift and Grogu kind of drops down, but keeps the two syllables.

I do wish Michael Biehn had more to do though than speak a few lines and get shot dead. That could have been just an anonymous thug, though maybe he wanted to have at least some part in the series? Who wouldn't?!

Also Ahsoka's fight with the Magistrate was great. I like how she evened the odds by not using her Force powers. Very much like honor among enemies, which was fitting with the Japanese motif. Also cool that that was Bruce Lee's granddaughter! I just wonder how she ended up after losing to Ahsoka..?

I don't know, I kept getting the vibe that Ahsoka was going to, in end, say that she was no Jedi.

And as to Fennec, I wonder if those boots may have belonged to Boba Fett...

"goddaughter" i think...that's dan inonsanto's daughter.  the lee in her name does refer to bruce lee though

I am curious what they are building up to with the name drop.  I cross my fingers for a certain storyline (the timeline is right) but in the new canon doesn't fit as well with what the characters motivations are.  We shall see.

47 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

So has Ahsoka not met with or heard of Luke by this point?  Does she know that her former Master came back to the Light Side?

I don't know. There isn't any indication that she knows about Luke or Leah. Of course, she may be aware that the balance of the Force has shifted again given her connection to Morai. Still, that doesn't change history and all the friends/family she lost due to Order 66. The world she knew as a youngling is much different than the one she knows now in the story. She lived through the fall of the Republic, the fall of the Jedi, the rise and fall of the Empire. She's seen a lot. Does she know about Anakin's absolution and restoration? That's an interesting question. Maybe, but is she also able to forgive him like Luke did? I don't know about that.

I think her words with Mando in this episode show that she still harbors strong feelings over Anakin's betrayal. One could argue that she is communicating resentment and fear for what Anakin did and that this reflects her own dark-side impulses. Anyway, I think the character is simply moving forward along another path which no longer includes her former teachers (Anakin included).

4 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

"goddaughter" i think...that's dan inonsanto's daughter.  the lee in her name does refer to bruce lee though

Ah, thank you. I read granddaughter in an article and with Lee as the last name....

56 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Obi Wan is still my favorite. The person that made this video really did a great job. 

This was an awesomely done clip! I felt more in this five minutes than I did for the entire prequel trilogy!

17 minutes ago, Dobber said:

All I know is I really want some high quality replica’s of her Sabers.

Chris

Those I would love to get!

19 hours ago, Dobber said:

Obi Wan is still my favorite. The person that made this video really did a great job. 

Wow, nicely done.  I think it could still be tweaked, but it definitely adds some impact to the original scene.

* Glad they gave a tip of the cap to Ashley Eckstein, and never knew about the connection between Rosario and Hayden Christensen.

* I don’t remember Rosario’s character in Shattered Glass, but it’s been awhile since I last watched that movie.

* Interesting that Filoni being impacted by the California fires weaved its way into how the planet looked.  Didn’t catch that on earlier viewings, but makes sense now.

* And it’s POSSIBLE that this past episode happened BEFORE the end scene in Rebels.

* So, the Balrog had a fire whip when it fought Gandalf the Grey.  Ahsoka’s rocking a grey robe.  The closest thing to a fire whip would be a lightsaber whip. . . OMG!  Lumiya appearing in Mandalorian IMMINENT!!111!!!! :crazy::p