The Everything Else Third Party Thread (not Transformers and Gundams)

slaginpit

It's somehow confusing to see in this thread official product photos slapped with some third party makers. So what's being implied here is that most of the photos posted above will be made into third party KO's?

Would it be nice if there's some links provided to support this announcements.

Edited by no3Ljm

Just now, Mechapilot77 said:

that kitz concept vf-1s is licensed.  its a robotech license but still licensed....i don't think show z store is implying there is a ko of it right?

Only @slaginpit knows. Would be nice if there's link where he got this so we'll know who's doing what.

Anyways, I'll save him the trouble.

Metal Century (Metal Build type) Evangelion
https://www.weibo.com/u/6380801183
https://www.mudah.my/Metal+Century+Metal+Build+Evangelion-66242248.htm

Looks like it's going to cost around $100+.

Ok, so this is Show.Z Store website: https://showzstore.com

I'm not sure where they're located.

46 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Not sure either but 3P tf fans are familiar with the store, they are a fairly reliable source for many 3P TF items

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Show.Z is in China. He has a tendency to throw stuff up for preorder the moment it's mentioned, so maybe hold off until closer to release, but I've bought 3P TF stuff from him plenty of times. He's probably my top source not based in the US due low prices and good service.

8 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Show.Z is in China. He has a tendency to throw stuff up for preorder the moment it's mentioned, so maybe hold off until closer to release, but I've bought 3P TF stuff from him plenty of times. He's probably my top source not based in the US due low prices and good service.

So they're not the company who's doing it. Thanks Mike! I'll check those 'MB' future releases then. ;)

1 hour ago, David Hingtgen said:

Is that just a raw Go-Lion copy, or are they making improvements?  (are the ears normally metallic gold, and not yellow?)

It's a KO of the SOC Voltron, but it's definitely got some changes.  I don't know if they count as improvements, but the quality is still supposed to be quite good.  Here's some quick pics I pulled from Rocket Punch Army's reviews.

Untitled.png.481a4a9b5670f1a69ed1f4cd07fab46d.png

Untitled2.png.a0162c3a265cb99bd27bfe6a020ab268.png

AFAIK, only the red, green, and blue are out.  Don't know what the final cost will be, but it should be close to the $300 the SOC went for... but considering how difficult it is to find the SOC for under $800 these days, I guess that's a bargain.

Im a ShowZ Regular. Yes they tend to slap crap up as soon as its announced. But they are very good. I like their product tracking system. They are not as anal as AA, HLJ, and dont mark stuff up after preorder full-fillment like NP. I did get my Buster. It took a while but are very good at giving updates.

20180831_133744_zpsqh8u7uk6.jpg

Just now, slaginpit said:

Im a ShowZ Regular. Yes they tend to slap crap up as soon as its announced. But they are very good. I like their product tracking system. They are not as anal as AA, HLJ, and dont mark stuff up after preorder full-fillment like NP. I did get my Buster. It took a while but are very good at giving updates.

20180831_133744_zpsqh8u7uk6.jpg

Hey Slaginpit. Is that the 1/6 Ludens? How is it? Is the movement limited due to the costume?

17 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

It's a KO of the SOC Voltron, but it's definitely got some changes.  I don't know if they count as improvements, but the quality is still supposed to be quite good.  Here's some quick pics I pulled from Rocket Punch Army's reviews.

Untitled.png.481a4a9b5670f1a69ed1f4cd07fab46d.png

Untitled2.png.a0162c3a265cb99bd27bfe6a020ab268.png

AFAIK, only the red, green, and blue are out.  Don't know what the final cost will be, but it should be close to the $300 the SOC went for... but considering how difficult it is to find the SOC for under $800 these days, I guess that's a bargain.

looks like they KO the old fashioned way...reverse engineer from ground up and make whatever changes they feel like (like lionbot! haha).   the sculpting is clearly different.  wonder if they are using the same nose/jaws on the red and green to save money.  the red and green are different on the SOC.  note the straight edges jaw on the FJ green vs the round on the SOC.  The SOC does have that stule jaw on the red lion though.  teeth placment is also different (as are eyes, headshape etc.).  still if i missed out on the SOC i'd probably be buying the FJ.  bbts had the cajones to list the SOC again last night for $450 (wasn't retail $300ish?  yeah i know $450 better htan $800 lol)...as a preorder for september.  held back or newly found stock at bluefin?

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Slaginpit. Is that the 1/6 Ludens? How is it? Is the movement limited due to the costume?

Hi, Yes it is the ludens figure. Its extremely posable. However you need to shift the armor around so unlike some other 1/6 figures you really need to spend time on posing it. For example the armor plates that run from the shoulders to the elbows all can position independently at each segment. I was just too lazy to put him in some power pose cause you would likely spend an hour just positioning everything just right. The only  place that can be a problem is the leg pieces near the shins. Head is limited due to the big ass helmet but  I highly recommend the figure

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, mikeszekely said:

I think the KO's head-sculpts are vastly inferior, so it's a pass for me.   (I put a lot of weight on lion-mode, for my Voltrons) 

• 3 months later...

Got the full review and gallery for Sculpt Lab Productions' Perisoreus Internigrans up! http://kumastyledesigns.com/sculpt-lab-perisoreus-internigrans-review/

Title-Facebook-Sculpt-Labs-P-I.png

The article breaks it down per normal but overall this is very good in terms of quality and just overall execution. To see a high-end Huckebein MK II like this isn't just awesome as a fan but man oh man it makes me want more SRW products of this type. I'm hoping this isn't the last of the series from this company. 

Here are a few pics from the gallery portion:

10-189.png 

5-228.png 

1-364.png 

14-151.png 

16-123.png

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

Nice review. Is the build quality comparable to the Metal Build line? You might have actually sold me on this one. :P

Gone over in the build section of the review!

(Edit: So far both this and the Moscow Quanta have met/exceeded the joint quality of the officials; however that old metalsaga one is a turd.)

Edited by Kuma Style

I'm very tempted. I love me some Huckebeins. I love 'em more in deep purple, but... teal isn't a BAD color.

It is a darn shame the MetalSaga Vanishing Trooper was a turd, though, as I prefer the original vanishing trooper to the Mk II.

Actually, that sentence raises a question. This toy seems to be going out of its way to avoid connection to the source material, to the extent of actually being the wrong color.  Did they get an angry letter from Bandai after calling their obviously-a-Huckebein by its canon nickname?

No Bandai scariness. Just new designers and wanting to differentiate the molds as well as give it a scheme the flows better between the Mass Production and MK II. Personally I like the design quite a bit better than the insanely slavish vanishing trooper. If you watch the review the base for the product stand still says Vanishing Trooper as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These lil' Diaclone KOs are wonderful, especially for the price of $12-$15 per if you shop around. This first batch was off a guy on Aliexpress (never did have tracking work for it, either), and I've gone ahead and ordered another 7 (including the full SAT team) off of Show.Z's store after getting these in and messing around with them. They're all of 2 inches tall at best and most have little pilot figures with them that are jointed and posable and have tiny magnets in their feet to help with standing. Surprisingly posable and stable for how tiny they are, with a lot of customization due to the ports and accessories they come with.

DSC00698 resized.jpg

DSC00703 resized.jpg

DSC00704 resized.jpg

On 12/20/2018 at 11:29 PM, Kuma Style said:

Gone over in the build section of the review!

(Edit: So far both this and the Moscow Quanta have met/exceeded the joint quality of the officials; however that old metalsaga one is a turd.)

So I ordered the Perisoreus Internigrans. I'm curious how it will turn out. 

Hopefully I can restrain myself and not buy more because otherwise I need to move to a bigger apartment. :p

Edited by Scyla

8 hours ago, Atheonyirh said:

These lil' Diaclone KOs are wonderful, especially for the price of $12-$15 per if you shop around. This first batch was off a guy on Aliexpress (never did have tracking work for it, either), and I've gone ahead and ordered another 7 (including the full SAT team) off of Show.Z's store after getting these in and messing around with them. They're all of 2 inches tall at best and most have little pilot figures with them that are jointed and posable and have tiny magnets in their feet to help with standing. Surprisingly posable and stable for how tiny they are, with a lot of customization due to the ports and accessories they come with.

DSC00698 resized.jpg

DSC00703 resized.jpg

DSC00704 resized.jpg

I've been curious about these. they look sort of like mini JoyToy figures (like the Tekui), which I picked up a couple overpriced sets of.

Not familiar with those, but these are teeny tiny 2 inch or so tall plastic figures with what seems like pretty solid build quality for a KO and a lot of posability including a hinge and balljoint for an ankle joint. I highly recommend grabbing one or two to try out. I went in for $60 worth (the tank drone/chopper drone accessory set that turns into add-ons for a mech, a green basic mech to go with them, a Coast Guard colored flying model, and one other) to try out and just threw down for another $90 worth that includes all 5 SAT units (SWAT mechs basically) and two others. For their price it's hard to mess up trying just one or two. Show.Z already has my second order shipped and out of the country now by the look of it.

These are the ones I was referring to. Basically big (like 12" or so) mech figures and vehicles, plus solider figures (did't get any of those), where everything can be disassembled and reassembled into armor and weapons.

s-l500.jpg.bfc00a41539115a1750f51762a5224fc.jpg

1972489926_s-l1600(1).jpg.755f01c8eb7b30fe8c1f77737cc95fb3.jpg

1672810662_s-l1600(2).jpg.4ed9a543cc8bfc518fef0acd56989dbd.jpg

239871600_s-l1600(3).jpg.754bab01d8d1e97ad94953a9c889973e.jpg

1262753410_s-l1600(4).jpg.f99224027c00b73b0e49994d81df5ac5.jpg

s-l1600.jpg.ae37e947c010cf0666992cf33cbb7a9c.jpg

6 hours ago, Atheonyirh said:

Oh, those look rather interesting.

I got two sets: one in army green, one in dark gray. They look very different in photos, but aren't all that different in person. All in all, I'm very happy with them. They look great, and have a ton of customization that you can do. Unfortunately, they're seriously overpriced.

19 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

These are the ones I was referring to. Basically big (like 12" or so) mech figures and vehicles, plus solider figures (did't get any of those), where everything can be disassembled and reassembled into armor and weapons.

1262753410_s-l1600(4).jpg.f99224027c00b73b0e49994d81df5ac5.jpg

s-l1600.jpg.ae37e947c010cf0666992cf33cbb7a9c.jpg

I have that one. Very very good figure. It will get loose as its only friction joints. But the paints apps are very good. Even some minor detail in the cockpit area. It reminds me a lot of the microman toys. Its very modular in design

So I would get this new Voltron. It looks stellar, but this is a complete ripoff of a paper model from a Korean Fan that designed it. I know I know how do I justify buying KOs, well to me its a bite out of the obscene pricing of Bandais and Takaras products that keep limiting the releases and keep increasing the prices when much of what they do they wont go beyond seed and 00 designs.

But this guy is a single individual. Not a massive Billion dollar company. I feel bad for him. They didnt modify it one bit

9d24ec219b.jpg.640x640.jpg