I’ve been a fan of cyberpunk since the 90’s when I played it with pen and paper. Every other cyberpunk’ish game I’ve tried since just didn’t quite achieve what the pen and paper game did. This looks to come the closest. I really love the fact they aren’t locking you into a role/class as well with this. At first I wasn’t sure about the fpp angle, but after seeing it, I like it. Maybe I want this to bad. I don’t know. But I’m so excited for this game.  

I haven’t posted here in a long time. Just been lurking here and there. However I like what I see so much. I just had to share my excitement. 

33 minutes ago, Petrov27 said:

It looks good - not been super into this genre but loved their Witcher3 game to death so I am interested in this....

A little concerned they went with the FPS view instead of third person though

I was at first, just like Deus Ex, but unlike 3rd person games such as GTA for example this is a very detailed game where interaction with items and such is important to the gameplay.

Edited by TangledThorns

Looks cool; I prefer FPS styled games, although 3P is also fun (the Uncharted and the rebooted Tomb Raider games are excellent examples). I hope what is shown is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg so far as what sci-fi subject matter is delved into. It does have a feel close to GiTS, which is a good thing, as well as Deus Ex, which I also enjoy. Keeping an eye out for this game.

A bit of history.   The IP holder started a Kickstarter for a new edition of Mekton.  I and others supported this Kickstarter.   We then got screwed over for several years as they abandoned us a prior commitment to work on Cyberpunk when video game developers came along with more money.   Only recently did they decide to official cancel the Kickstarter and refund everyone.  This came once they started to really promote their new Cyberpunk video game.

I very excited for this game. I'm a huge cyberpunk fan (Shadowrun in particular) and I will buy a new PC for this.

I'm not a big fan of the 1st person perspective if you can customize your character. I wonder how often you will see your character in cutscenes. 

19 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I don't care in the slightest about table-top games. I'm super hyped for this VIDEO GAME. sci-fi RPG with 1st person enhanced movement shooter mechanics is everything I've ever wanted.

yeah agreed. William Gibson had a crack saying it was all rehashed stuff not pushing any boundaries... but we haven't had a playable experience like this before.

super hyped and can't wait for all the RoboCop/Terminator/whatever mods lol